LaReine

Anyone else like "Technically not out, but I just don't care anymore"?

Anyone else like "Technically not out, but I just don't care anymore"?

Like, technically I'm not out (whatever this means) but I just don't care anymore. I'm so fed up with not having anyone to speak to, I frequently post aro/ace/queer memes and awarness post in my IG stories etc. and don't care who reads it (as long as my mum doesn't read it because I have no motivation for having that discussion with her) 

Also I became very outspoken about the state of my mental health lol. 

• Like 6

I just feel no need to tell most people. Why is it their business if I don't have romantic feelings for someone I'm having sex with? And when does that naturally come up in conversation anyway?

• Like 1

I gave up trying to be open after it backfired too many times, and seen the overwhelming evidence that many humans love to judge the less they know. It also gets tiring to explain myself each and every time.

Edited by SkyTuneRein
  • Like 1

Who cares about "coming out" anyway? I just let people try to figure it out for themselves what they think I am. If they get it wrong, I really don't care, they can just ask me if their so interested to know, but I'm not going to go out of my way to tell someone something they don't want/care to know. 

I have never felt even the remotest need to "come out". I don't see how my orientation is anyone's business but my own, and it's not something that really comes up in conversation. It's not like my not having sex or being romantic in any way interferes with my relationships with friends or family.

I'm casually out to my LGBT+ friends, but not to the average person or family. It's not their business, and I don't particularly like the fact that people relentlessly tend to question aromantics and asexual folks (and everyone on those spectrums) about their identity. It's easier to say "I'm not interested in dating," give some shrugging, casual answer to "omg WHY??", and move on.

I let people assume what they want, even when the topic comes up, I usually say I'm not interested in dating at the moment. I'm not out, but I don't hide either, if someone asks me about my orientation, I'll answer honestly. 

Yeah I’ve come out to like 4 people, only because I talk to them a lot about serious things and it felt right to tell them (they were all super chill about it). I’ll sometimes come out if I know the person already knows what aromanticsm is, because I really don’t care about people knowing.

When it comes to family or people who I think will take it badly, I just say “I’m happy alone” or “I like to focus on school/my career” because they’re more likely to take that answer instead, and truly coming out is very vulnerable.

idk if that made sense lol