Anyone else like "Technically not out, but I just don't care anymore"?

LaReine

16 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Yeah the only people I've come out to directly have been friends of mine who are unabashedly open about being queer or are intense allies of the queer community, and know what the term 'aromantic' and 'asexual' mean; there were some I came out to that didn't know what they meant but I kind of knew I could safely explain it them? And the only family member I've told has been my twin brother, because he's the literal definition of chill ally "Oh, that makes sense," and "That's cool :)"

Any other family members of mine I have not told at all.

Maybe I'll tell my sister soon, but only because she's generally accepting and even went through a questioning period of wondering if she was aroace before deciding she was definitely straight. Now, I don't know if that'll make her decide that I'm just questioning and am not aro or if she'll actually accept my aromanticism, she's kind of fickle like that; but even if she didn't accept my being aro it's not like I'm in mortal peril from her knowing. But yeah, I'm also not exactly out to every one of my friends; hell I have some city friends who live quite a long way from me, and although I'll always say they're the closet and most reliable friends I have, they don't even know about my being trans nor about my sexuality at all, because of how questionable their acceptance is to me.

If it came up in a conversation I may say something, but yeah.

That's amazing how intrinsically supportive your parents are! I usually hear (from my mom most of the time) the whole entire spiel of me "one day getting a partner" though luckily she places the word "if" in front of discussions about children/grandchildren, since she's the type to say that although she'd be happy to have grandchildren she knows that that shouldn't come to with the cost of our own happiness if we (me and my siblings) sincerely don't want any kids.

It’s really nice to see others be chill about not having kids, it’s nice to know that individually most don’t see it as a requirement. :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

im too, i came out with my sister only and thats because i trust her (shes a great friend) and because she came out as lesbian so i felt confident with her. some relatives find lesbians strange enough, let figure aromanticism which is really unheard of here irl. for everyone else im just still single and yet to find a soulmate or smth.

i only show im aro here (i mean its a aro forum) and in one website (aro flag on pfp and two jokes a year) and always under pseudonym.

9 minutes ago, abaco said:

im too, i came out with my sister only and thats because i trust her (shes a great friend) and because she came out as lesbian so i felt confident with her. some relatives find lesbians strange enough, let figure aromanticism which is really unheard of here irl. for everyone else im just still single and yet to find a soulmate or smth.

i only show im aro here (i mean its a aro forum) and in one website (aro flag on pfp and two jokes a year) and always under pseudonym.

Tbh I wish I had someone in the family to talk to about this. I mean yeah I’d be fine without it but it still sucks knowing that the one cousin I have who’s LGBTQ+ is someone I likely haven’t seen in years, so it’s be pretty suspicious if I asked for his phone number. But yeah, I’m glad to see your sister is trustworthy in this. :D

• Like 1