What's your "type"?

El011

If you're not full aromantic asexual, what's your usual preference when it comes to people you think are sexually or romantically (for greyros or non-aro allies) attractive?

I haven't been romantically attracted to enough people to form a consistent pattern of what i think is romantically attractive yet but commonalities among past romantic crushes are:

• good sense of humor
  • kind, patient, and compassionate
  • book smart
  • compatible values and morals to mine
  • good with kids and animals (i don't actually want kids, i just think it's sweet when other people are good with them)

My type sexually is:

• men with buff (not like, hulked out but def with muscle definition), tattooed arms and long hair. bonus points if they're wearing long sleeved button down shirts with the sleeves rolled up.
  • petite, curvy women with thick, curly or wavy brown hair
  • androgynous and gender nonconforming people esp long haired, buff, masculine women

I'm also generally turned off by people who have a lot of facial hair, a little bit like maybe stubble is fine but if there's a lot of facial hair esp if it's not EXTREMELY well groomed, it's just a complete turn off. So what about everyone else? What kind of people are you normally attracted to?

Edited by Finn

When it comes to romantic or sexual attraction, it's kind of a crap shoot. Chaotic personalities? I think that's the only consistent thing. I've only been attracted to maybe 4 people in that manner. 2 of them were very tall women (well, compared to me. They were like 5'10 I think.)

Aesthetically I like square jawlines and broad shoulders. If they're goth that's a plus but it's not required. 

i like pretty guys, you know, delicate features, no facial hair.  slim and fit (i love abs ?) but not muscular.  my own waist size of 28", height of 5'10", and age of 22 are practically my upper limits.  i often prefer white guys but not necessarily (my fwb is from bangladesh).  i like alternative guys and long hair but not important.  personality doesn't play much of a part in sexual attraction, i just have to generally like their vibe.  although certain talents are attractive.  there's this cute guy at my cottage who's a great tennis player (everyone up there plays, i do) and watching his matches is like, wow ?  also, they have to be comfortable with their masculinity.  if they can put on a dress or like, jokingly flirt with a guy (or actually, if they're bi) i'm like ? we love to see it.  

• Like 1

So far I have been attracted to:

• a weird but social type
  • a troublesome badass 40+ weed smoker type
  • a kinda looking like my father when he was joung type
  • a georgeous plump woman type
  • a gender non conforming type

So at this point I guess I don't really have a type.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 6:06 PM, El011 said:

If you're not full aromantic asexual, what's your usual preference when it comes to people you think are sexually or romantically (for greyros or non-aro allies) attractive?

I only know that I like straight black hair... a lot.

On 11/22/2020 at 5:40 AM, aro_elise said:

my own waist size of 28", height of 5'10", and age of 22 are practically my upper limits. 

Usually height is given in lower limits for guys. ?

I'm aroace, but since I occasionally get squishes I've noticed that I do have a "type". I'm drawn to people with:

- Expressive faces

- Funny, lively, extroverted personalities (I'm super-introverted btw)

- ADHD. Seriously, it has happened too often for it to be a co-incidence.

Looks don't seem to come into it, unless you count expressiveness as aesthetic. 

i tend to jive w the adrogynous aesthetic. used to think i had a sexual/romantic attraction to those types but eh?

in terms of personality, i'm not sure if i actually have a type. literally anyone who i get along with, i'll probably be following like a sad puppy dog. not romantically alsdjf, but squish wise, yeah. i'm really excitable so just anyone who will let me be excitable w them i cling onto sob. bonus points if they're excitable w me. asjdlksdfkl,,,

• 4 weeks later...

I find that my obsessive fictional squishes are mostly skinny white guys, who're usually nerdy. But I guess that's just who I get along with in real life, so I figure that's who I'm drawn to. 

Just now, ScarfOfSexualPreference said:

I find that my obsessive fictional squishes are mostly skinny white guys, who're usually nerdy. But I guess that's just who I get along with in real life, so I figure that's who I'm drawn to. 

That, or alt girls :D 

• 1 month later...

my attraction is kind of sporadic but i have some ideas

- alt style

- soft uwu

- subtly feminine ?

- sense of humor like mine

- passionate

- into cool things (weirdo things like dnd, video games, music, etc) :]

also not initially but it helps if they

- understand my strange speech pattern

- are okay with how touchy/clingy i am

I had an idea in my head of what my type was, but I realised that was limiting and I felt was influenced by what society expects me to want.

Functionally in real life my type is 'male'. I can't really think of what, other than male-presenting, connects the people I have been attracted to. In my own experience I have a lot more 'definitely not' criteria that I have worked out, and most of those just boil down to being able to feel safe around them in various situations. .....so I guess my type is: 

• Male/Male-presenting
  • Doesn't make me feel unsafe
  • MUST at least positively tolerate Harry Potter (it is a basic social glue for me and my friends) ? 

• 1 month later...

im not often romantically or sexually atracted to people,  but if i had to be with someone it would be ideal if they knew how to make bomb mac and cheese. not the box stuff im talkin home made! and like, i'll help! i dont expect them to cook for me lol its just my fave food that ive tried to make and failed at so many times its sad so if someone came into my life and also happened to make good mac, i would be happy 

• 2 months later...

Traits/types of people I find aesthetically attractive:

- Deep voices (bass/low alto)

- Grey eyes

- Strong-but-chubby body type

- Tall women (especially muscular ladies)

Aesthetically, I like the 50s boys with tight blue jeans and they like comb through their hair with a pocket comb, but one little piece falls out of place. 

Jury's still out whether it's gender envy or not, though. 

Platonic-Personality-wise, I just want someone who doesn't anger easily. 

• 1 month later...

I dunno slightly more feminine ppl (tho maybe not over the top) or androgynous but some of the tomboyish gurls I guess too. Women are generally more feminine tho ya lol so I guess different judgement but I think generally they are prettier haha. I did like blonde and blue eyes but tbh it doesn't really matter that much lol 

Generally I dun really care that much tho lol  Sometimes I just feel I admire ppl and that. 

long hair, skinny but not in a gaunt sort of way seems to be what makes me tick

As for personality, someone with a bit of power, a bit of take charge energy is what I want, although this is less about type and more just learning from experience what I want.  My least favourite sexual experiences have been when I was with someone who let me lead all the time, which I found exhausting quite quickly.

• 3 months later...

EVERYONE IS SUPER CUTE AESTHETICALLY.

I am aroace but I experience aesthetic attraction everyday and I LOVE it, it is like being on a museum filled with awesome art.

My type is... I DON'T KNOW, WHY IS PEOPLE SO BEAUTIFUL UUUUUUGG.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have no preference on looks or height but almost anyone in the masculine side of the gender spectrum I find hot. Sadly I’m to much of a bottom to actually talk to hot person. 

Edited by Spadster

• 2 weeks later...