What video games are you playing?

roboticanary

On a lot of peoples intros there are mentions of enjoying video games, so i wondered what people are interested in at the moment.

In my case I am playing a lot of football manager (too much to be honest), and I play a bit of cities skylines when I want something that makes me swear less.

• Like 3

Haven't been playing actively super recently since I've been binge reading instead, but there's definitely a list of games I'm in the midst of along with a list of Old Faves. Currently I'm in the middle of Unavowed, the port of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Crypt of the Necrodancer, and the first Diablo among others. Oh and Breath of the Wild too, and occasionally Animal Crossing (I keep forgetting to log on though). And I am playing a bit of Lord of the Rings Online!

Mainly grew up with Gamecube and PC games with a mix of N64, Sega Genesis, PS2, and Original X-Box games (Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Mario, Metroid Prime, Castlevania, an assortment of other games), and often replay those.  Have only slightly updated since then lol. (I...completely missed the entire wii/wii u/ps3 era xD)

• Like 2

Oh man, I've got a lot of games on my plate right now... In general I'm really into Devil May Cry right now, so I'm currently doing an all-Nevan run of DMC3, DMC4 on Heaven or Hell, and DMC5 Vergil mode. But aside from DMC, I'm also currently playing Bayonetta, Castlevania (the original), and the first Ace Attorney trilogy. I've also occasionally been playing Duel Links, Arknights, and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R or Xrd Revelator.

Edited by Jot-Aro Kujo
  • Like 4

For the moment I play xenoblabe chronicles definitive edition and octopath traveler.

I love fire emblem games,  in particular three houses.

I also enjoy the sims 4.

And I'm waiting for bravely default II.

EDIT : I forgot also Professor Layton.

• Like 3

I've been replaying Skyrim for the third time, this time focusing more on the thieves guild questline. I've also been playing The Last Guardian, Greedfall, God Of War, and Arkham Knight when my mom isn't binge playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla.

And I've been replaying Twilight Princess on the Wii, mostly because I never finished it all those years ago before my first Wii console broke. I still am yet to find Skyward Sword so I can finish that one too. 

Edited by Skylord
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm into horror games and currently play Outlast (probably sounds strange but I find it interesting and fun). Usually, I Iove Asian horror and RPG horror games especially.
But I also enjoy relaxing titles: I play a lot of Animal Crossing (both the newest game for the Switch and the older ones like New Leaf and even Wild World). My favorite Sims game is the Sims 2 which I still play sometimes and enjoy immensely.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently playing Stardew Valley, I recommend it for anyone looking for a fast "day" in the game and to play a "month" in an hour lol. 

I like to play Crypt of the Necrodancer and Into the Gungeon lol.

I just bought Skyrim for Switch a few weeks ago... Have already racked up some 50 hours ? I started playing on 360 when it was released back in 2011, then bought it for PC a few years ago. Was hesitant about re-purchasing on yet another platform (thankfully I initially got it as a present), but ooooooohh boy has having it portable been well worth it!! I don't need no mods when I can play Skyrim outside!!!!

I've also been going strong on Animal Crossing New Horizons for the past year. I love that so many other folks mentioned the Sims 4, I had to take it off of my computer because I was damn-near addicted to it, but I do really, truly love it.

I'm also pretty addicted to starting games in Civilization VI and never finishing them. I bought the Gathering Storm DLC a few months ago and that has been sooo much fun... Gosh, I might start a game after this...

• 4 months later...

Well been playing a story of seasons game a bit on switch. Also played a few things on steam overcooked 2 and a few adventure games and that ^^

Also if any of u got steam and wanna feel free to message me l to add me i'm happy to play somethin or jus to compare games or whatever lol 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I kind of keep an eye on what's going on in the gaming, but I haven't been keeping up with the console generations and I don't have a gaming computer, so I'm kind of down to replaying PSX final fantasies on the computer and indy stuff that looks interesting.

...and cookier clicker, but that shouldn't count. I need to stop. its kind of bad.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I’m playing Destiny 2 right now.

Its a shooter game- which I don’t normally like- but the world design and plot line(s) are amazing, and it’s really fun when you have people to play it with.

I’m lucky because I have 3 friends who are already gods at the game (in my opinion) helping me through it.

Also, bonus: No forced romantic plot-lines involving your character at all even though it’s a very plot driven game.

(Another game that I’m not currently playing but love is Slime Rancher.  It’s very calming and the slimes are so cute.  It’s my comfort game.  5 stars would definitely recommend).

(Other games: Unpacking, Stardew Valley, Starwars Battle Front 1 and 2, Gang Beasts, Minecraft).

Ok.  Video game rant is over now.

Edited by ClearSkiesAhear
I thought of more games :D
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I now play ELDEN RING on PS5.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:55 AM, a star said:

so I'm kind of down to replaying PSX final fantasies on the computer

PSX? To me that’s like reading Latin poetry.

Edited by DeltaV

Recently finished Outer Wilds on ps4, currently downloading the booster course pass for Mario Kart 8 on Switch. I learned to love the controls in Outer Wilds, but sometimes you just want to go fast and throw bananas at your opponents you know?

2 hours ago, lovelyleaf said:

Twilight Princess :) I'm on the lakebed temple right now

I was just realizing that it seems like the water temple in every 3d zelda game I've played has a very similar concept layout

Yup, the mecanic always seems to involve changing the water level.

I first played Twilight Princess on Wii years ago, but when it was rereleased on WiiU I played it with a friend in a marathon session. Great fun!

• Like 2