What video games are you playing?

roboticanary

2 minutes ago, Zariah said:

Breath of the Wild and World of Warcraft.

I want tears of the kingdom, but my dad won't let me buy it until I beat botw, which I'm a long ways away from. 

Do Vah Naboris last. The boss there is a HUGE pain. 

13 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Do Vah Naboris last. The boss there is a HUGE pain. 

Ooh, thank you for the advice! I'll keep that in mind (especially since I suck at the combat aspect of the game)

Just now, Zariah said:

Ooh, thank you for the advice! I'll keep that in mind (especially since I suck at the combat aspect of the game)

Yeah the boss there is some weird lightning thing that loves to try and stab anyone at super high speeds. You gotta have stupid good speed and combat to beat it. I’d go with vah medoh (top left of map) first because the reward is far better. I probably just spoiled more than intended but this info is useful. 

1 minute ago, HelloThere said:

Yeah the boss there is some weird lightning thing that loves to try and stab anyone at super high speeds. You gotta have stupid good speed and combat to beat it. I’d go with vah medoh (top left of map) first because the reward is far better. I probably just spoiled more than intended but this info is useful. 

Nah it's fine. I don't mind spoilers. I actually already got vah medoh! That's like the only one I managed to do, tho.

Just now, Zariah said:

Nah it's fine. I don't mind spoilers. I actually already got vah medoh! That's like the only one I managed to do, tho.

I’d suggest either vah rudania or vah rutah, though vah rudania gets you a better overall yield reward so go there next.

17 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

I’d suggest either vah rudania or vah rutah, though vah rudania gets you a better overall yield reward so go there next.

Alright, will do! Thanks for the help! 

13 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

Why do you all have Nintendo Switch? 😭

Because Zelda 😅 I’m done with Tears of the Kingdom for now, kinda burned out by it after playing it way too much. I didn’t like all the grinding that was required to not die every 5 minutes, something I also didn’t like in Breath of the Wild. So now I’m replaying Twilight Princess on WiiU with a friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 8:40 AM, Nix said:

Because Zelda 😅 I’m done with Tears of the Kingdom for now, kinda burned out by it after playing it way too much. I didn’t like all the grinding that was required to not die every 5 minutes, something I also didn’t like in Breath of the Wild. So now I’m replaying Twilight Princess on WiiU with a friend.

I never developed brand loyalty to Nintendo. As a child, I wasn't allowed to play video games. 😪 And later, I bought into the stereotype that Nintendo consoles are for kids. Like gimmicky and under-powered. 🤔

Since Zelda, is always going to be exclusive, they should make a Zelda anime for the rest of us, that would be great.*

* oh wait, I looked it up: there was one in 1989 with a rating of 6/10 in IMDB. Bad rating for such a big franchise. It's like the 6/10 of the 1978 Lord of the Rings animated movie. So I actually mean: a high-quality Zelda anime.

17 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

I never developed brand loyalty to Nintendo. As a child, I wasn't allowed to play video games. 😪 And later, I bought into the stereotype that Nintendo consoles are for kids. Like gimmicky and under-powered. 🤔

Since Zelda, is always going to be exclusive, they should make a Zelda anime for the rest of us, that would be great.*

* oh wait, I looked it up: there was one in 1989 with a rating of 6/10 in IMDB. Bad rating for such a big franchise. It's like the 6/10 of the 1978 Lord of the Rings animated movie. So I actually mean: a high-quality Zelda anime.

Ah yes, the very memorable Zelda cartoon, at least we got the ‘Well excuuuuuuse me princess!’ line from it to mess with. I’d love a high-quality Zelda anime though!

And Nintendo consoles are indeed gimmicky and under-powered, but I still love it. Guess I’m a kid stuck in an adult body ¯\-(ツ)-/¯ 

Also, I bought Rain World and its DLC yesterday because a friend of mine wouldn’t shut up about it. I bought it for Playstation (PS4, because I only have 1 PS5 controller) instead of the Switch version because it is supposed to be buggy, but sadly the Playstation version is also buggy. Playable, but a lot of audio issues and random crashes. Too bad, because the couch co-op is really fun.

IMG_7415.jpeg.38f87dbb11fbc78ce07ebebb945e4cbd.jpeg

The dev team is working on it so I hope they get it fixed… maybe I can see if Jedi: Survivor has been updated? 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nix said:

Ah yes, the very memorable Zelda cartoon, at least we got the ‘Well excuuuuuuse me princess!’ line from it to mess with.

Never seen it!

2 hours ago, Nix said:

And Nintendo consoles are indeed gimmicky and under-powered, but I still love it. Guess I’m a kid stuck in an adult body ¯\-(ツ)-/¯ 

It is totally normal for adults to like stuff which kids like. Otherwise, you weren't even allowed to like sweets, except for dark chocolate or licorice. Also, I didn't want to put down Nintendo players, so don't listen to me, have fun 🎮.

I just think that if I grew up having a Nintendo console, I'd still love them. Instead, I subconsciously associate them with envy, since everyone in my school had one except me.

So when I made my own money, I felt inclined to buy the biggest, most expensive console at that time, which was the Xbox One. Not any of that "child stuff", because that would've meant I missed something.

That concludes the psychoanalysis of my console complex, which is a very important first-world problem.

--

FF XVI looks great, and has a great story so far. It has prominent chocobos and moogles etc. but the fighting system is totally different.

And the Espers appear now via the "Monstrous Transformation" trope, like in Attack on Titan.

The bosses are as usual rather spongy, so I play it in story mode.

Edited by DeltaAro
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

That concludes the psychoanalysis of my console complex, which is a very important first-world problem.

I totally get were you are coming from yeah, sucks you weren’t allowed to play video games :( Your psychoanalysis makes a lot of sense actually. Also don’t worry, I didn’t feel like you were putting me or other Nintendo owners down.

Also, no new updates for Jedi: Survivor 😔 I mean, its not like I don’t have anything to play, but yeah…

On 7/17/2023 at 9:21 PM, DeltaAro said:

FF XVI looks great, and has a great story so far. It has prominent chocobos and moogles etc. but the fighting system is totally different.

Different good or bad?

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 9:34 PM, Nix said:

Also, no new updates for Jedi: Survivor 😔 I mean, its not like I don’t have anything to play, but yeah…

I'd like to play it, but not with the bugs! Can't support that!

While Blizzard pulled every capitalist trick in the book, to extract money 💸 from impulsive gamers, at least Diablo IV was totally without bugs and had a flawless launch.

On 7/18/2023 at 9:34 PM, Nix said:

Different good or bad?

I think it will be a disappointment for people who really like the classical system. You have only one controllable character, and it is now like a spectacle fighter, similar to Devil May Cry. I don't mind it. As long as it's not like in Elden Ring, where YOU were the mob and the boss had all the fun beating you up. 🤕

Regarding all the rest, it ticks all the boxes of Final Fantasy. It's very classic and mature, you can go back to Final Fantasy VI (which I played on an emulator 😆) for similarities in the atmosphere.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...