What video games are you playing?

roboticanary

I'm done with Forspoken. It took me 14 hours. After Tanta Sila I got bored and just rushed the rest. I was very hyped for it, but feel disappointed. It was such a cool concept... 😔

Graphics looks very last gen, world is extremely bland and generic, and the lighting is broken. 70 € is way overpriced. This is not an AAA game, not remotely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeltaAro said:

I'm done with Forspoken. It took me 14 hours. After Tanta Sila I got bored and just rushed the rest. I was very hyped for it, but feel disappointed. It was such a cool concept... 😔

Graphics looks very last gen, world is extremely bland and generic, and the lighting is broken. 70 € is way overpriced. This is not an AAA game, not remotely.

Is this a game that you can purchase on steam or is it an android app?

Still playing the boxboy games, but also bought Horizon: Forbidden West at a sale a while back so I figured why not install that and dive in.

Opening the game case threw me back to the 90s:

386F92A6-8092-4861-973B-6ED3DBA9E43E.jpeg.2cc0b3a6d74e5b590bc7e075460fb123.jpeg

Two discs? Wow ok… inserting the first disc prompted a message to say I first needed to free up 80gb on space 😳

Worth it though, it is still such a cool world. Obviously I’m playing it on ‘story’ mode because I am so, so bad at sneaking.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

Is this a game that you can purchase on steam or is it an android app?

It's on Steam but you need a powerful graphics card (RTX 3070). Personally, I played it on a PlayStation 5.

I'm a fan of the Isekai genre, so I pre-ordered the game undeterred by the reviews of the demo. 🤪

On the positive side the combat system with all the variety of magic is pretty good. Also it starts in New York City (which you visit later again

Spoiler

but there it's part of an illusion

) ... as a playable area.

So it has a certain weird factor to it. Including Frey's magical talking bracelet "Cuff" who is like a mix of condescending British gentleman and an annoying customer service chatbot. It probably would've been better as an Indie and if they just doubled down on this weirdness.

I would wait for it until it's on sale. And hopefully they at least patch the lighting...

Anyway, I'm now playing: God of War Ragnarök. Just started. The graphics and art direction are are just amazing. 😵

10 hours ago, Nix said:

Worth it though, it is still such a cool world. Obviously I’m playing it on ‘story’ mode because I am so, so bad at sneaking.

Yessss, that's in my pipeline! Gonna play it as soon as I finish GoW.

• Like 2

I did almost everything in "Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc", so I'm not playing it as much as I was and now I'm trying to finish "Super Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair" (the main plot is done, the only thing left are the bonus modes).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tinkere said:

any ace attorney fans here? i’m currently hyperfixating on the series super hard

Wasn't there one for 3ds and mobile phone as well?

On 2/13/2023 at 4:48 PM, DeltaAro said:

Yes, many ... was mentioned multiple times here.

I never played it... is there also an Aro Attorney? 😉

i know this was a joke, but there IS a character that’s highly gay/aro/ace coded named miles edgeworth! most of the people in the fandom either see him as gay or aroace, but i personally see him as gay-demiromantic/sexual and gray

the game doesn’t heavily focus on romance much at all, so there’s lots of characters that could be seen as aspec in my opinion, but miles definitely takes the cake in this situation 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Done with God of War Ragnarök. I'm now playing: the following game:

On 2/6/2023 at 8:42 AM, Nix said:

386F92A6-8092-4861-973B-6ED3DBA9E43E.jpeg.2cc0b3a6d74e5b590bc7e075460fb123.jpeg

It's just one disc on PS5. Ultra-HD Blu-ray with 100 GB!

Edited by DeltaAro
typo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

Nice! I’m also playing it on PS5 now, because my PS4 sadly died a few weeks back :( Luckily I could upgrade the game for free (the disk just has to be inserted for that).

How was God of War? My version of the PS5 console came with a ‘free’ copy, but I’m not sure if this is a game for me…

• Like 2

I've been playing a lot of stardew valley, it's a super calming game! Honestly nice to play on switch while in bed. Another one is jackbox and gartic phone! A streamer I watch often plays it with viewers so it gives me a chance to actually play.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nix said:

Nice! I’m also playing it on PS5 now, because my PS4 sadly died a few weeks back :( Luckily I could upgrade the game for free (the disk just has to be inserted for that).

Yeah, the shortage is finally over. But you had to buy the bundle, it seems?

10 hours ago, Nix said:

How was God of War? My version of the PS5 console came with a ‘free’ copy, but I’m not sure if this is a game for me…

I mean, it has 94% on metacritic, so graphics and gameplay are very good.

Perhaps that's slightly overrated since it's so video-gamey at times.  In Souls games, your character could kill dragons, demons and golems but could not break through a generic wood door. But GowR takes this to another level. Here, some humble ferns present an impenetrable barrier. 😆

It's a bit too violent for me to really like it. But I can't seriously regard this as a flaw, since it's called "God of War" and it's PEGI 18, so I was warned.

The difficulty is adjustable, I played it on normal. The mobs are a bit overpowered compared to the main bosses, which are more spectacle fights than a tough challenge. This is kind of weird, honestly, that some random group of Draugr is as difficult as Heimdall himself.

Oh, well, one thing: it has a 90 min teen romance segment between Loki and Angrboda. You do activities like riding on some sort of cow and collecting fruit. 🙄 IMHO that should all be put into skippable cutscenes.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 8:04 PM, DeltaAro said:

Yeah, the shortage is finally over. But you had to buy the bundle, it seems?

Well I didn’t HAVE too, but since I wanted to buy it at a physical store and not online, the bundle was really the only one available. Bit of a shame that the game included is a digital download instead of a disk, because that would have been easier to sell…

It's a bit too violent for me to really like it. But I can't seriously regard this as a flaw, since it's called "God of War" and it's PEGI 18, so I was warned.

True, I don’t like violence at all, unless it is either cartoony or PG-13. So I guess I was right in thinking it is not for me.

Oh, well, one thing: it has a 90 min teen romance segment between Loki and Angrboda. You do activities like riding on some sort of cow and collecting fruit. 🙄

Ok now I REALLY know it is not for me ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2023 at 1:31 PM, DeltaAro said:

I just finished God of War Ragnarok as well. I will play the side missions, Forbidden West was cool. I already played that. Who else is excited about the DLC coming this month? 

1 hour ago, MelKAI said:

I just finished God of War Ragnarok as well. I will play the side missions,

Spoiler

Spoiler

It feels incomplete if you don't free the real Tyr in the end. Otherwise, I did all side missions in Alfheim because I really liked this world. I also did find the treasure on Alberich's Island and free the Lyngbark (whale), also Broks funeral. 😞

On 4/3/2023 at 9:35 PM, Nix said:

Ok now I REALLY know it is not for me ;)

At the second play through, all those players who found this segment adorable, will join me in cursing the absence of a skip button. 😃

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I’ve played a bit of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor last month, and it was pretty cool but my god there are a lot of bugs 😳 So I’ve put it aside for now as there is a new entry in my favourite game series: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Maybe by the time I am done messing around in Hyrule all the bugs in Survivor have been patched…

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 6:21 PM, Erika8 said:

I rarely play now, not much time. although I used to like it a lot. I recently started playing some games where you can earn cryptocurrency. It's a really interesting way to make some profit while playing. Basically, these games offer unique mechanics where you can earn tokens or other cryptocurrency by completing certain tasks or achievements in the game. Some games even allow you to sell or trade earned items on a platform within the game. I recently started playing on the https://sp7.io/ platform. There are several games there where you can earn tokens, which can then be exchanged for cryptocurrency. They have interesting game mechanics and a large community of players.

I think the only thing that I know that allows that, is not a video game or computer game, but the Brave computer browser.

On 5/27/2023 at 10:48 AM, Nix said:

So I’ve played a bit of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor last month, and it was pretty cool but my god there are a lot of bugs 😳 So I’ve put it aside for now as there is a new entry in my favourite game series: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Maybe by the time I am done messing around in Hyrule all the bugs in Survivor have been patched…

Oh no, I don't own a Switch.🧝‍♂️ I just finished Horizon Forbidden West, and now I'm playing ... nothing! 😶‍🌫️ Maybe I buy Star Wars Jedi: Survivor after the bug fixes.

Diablo IV comes out in five days. Normally I would have preordered it, but I fear it will be one of those extreme time sinks. 🤔

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DeltaAro said:

Oh no, I don't own a Switch.🧝‍♂️ I just finished Horizon Forbidden West, and now I'm playing ... nothing! 😶‍🌫️ Maybe I buy Star Wars Jedi: Survivor after the bug fixes.

Diablo IV comes out in five days. Normally I would have preordered it, but I fear it will be one of those extreme time sinks. 🤔

Sounds like a good idea to wait, I would have felt pretty bad to pay full price for a broken game. But luckily my local game store had a sweet deal on it.

I've never played Diablo, but a lot of my friends do and they are already dreading the time sink 😅

• Like 1