What video games are you playing?

roboticanary

I am playing ‘a short hike’ on Switch now. A very calming, no stress game about a bird who wants to hike up a mountain to get reception on her phone. Great music too!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Right now I'm playing again the professor Layton games. 

For the story I find the sequel they make with Katrielle Layton half prise so I thought "okay maybe I will buy it anyways, even if I know it is bad, but I'm a Layton fan so I should play all the games". I was glad that I only bought it half price, cause...

i-expect-nothing-and-m-still-let-oown-24

So anyway, I decided to play all the other Layton games to remind me why they are awesomes. I started with the prequel trilogy and then I'll do the original. And that's great cause I haven't play these games for years, so I don't remember the puzzles and some part of the story. And the most important : these games are amazing!

I really don't get why Katrielle is the one that makes it to switch when it is the only bad game of the franchise. I mean, I get why : they still hoped to make sequel to her games. But if it failed on 3DS and mobile, how did they want this game to work on switch? Because they gave her an anime? That was a bad idea, I'm sure all the other games would have done great...

• Like 4

On 3/20/2022 at 9:59 PM, DeltaV said:

I now play ELDEN RING on PS5.

Just beat Elden Ring. Disappointing, anti-climactic ending after 70+ hours.

Final boss: tedious, ultra-annoying mixture of Loch Ness monster & an amoeba. Cowardly, tanky boss you have to chase around for 15 minutes in a large arena – while it can one-shot you at every moment.

I admit I have a strange love-hate relationship towards From Software games. But this unnerving, dumb “Elden Beast” is objectively the worst final boss they ever designed.

No NG+, no way. Too much fillers & heavily frontloaded. Past Leyndell it’s just repetition. Ruins / mines / caves / catacombs are very repetitive from the start.

Now playing: Ghost of Tsushima.

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 3:55 AM, a star said:

I kind of keep an eye on what's going on in the gaming, but I haven't been keeping up with the console generations and I don't have a gaming computer, so I'm kind of down to replaying PSX final fantasies on the computer and indy stuff that looks interesting.

I just installed ePSXe and played Final Fantasy VII, Original… took me 35 hours, already played FF VII Remake some months ago…

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m currently playing Teenage mutant ninja turtles: Shredder's revenge on Switch and it is so much fun! Lot’s of nostalgia of course but it is also so smooth to play. Can’t wait to get some friends together, that’s going to make it even better :)

Edit: I was right, playing it with friends is the best way 👌🏻

Edited by Nix
Multiplayer
  • Like 1

Currently I'm playing Prey and I'm constantly dying to the Nightmare typhoon. (released 2017 by Arkane Studios, gotta mention that cos there's a 2006 under the same name xD) 

Though I wanna get back into a re-run of Bioshock 1 + 2 cos those games are my heart and soul!

Edited by gamingaro

Lately I've been really into Castlevania. I'm working on beating Simon's Quest, Dracula's Curse, Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood, and most importantly, the Sonic the Hedgehog romhack for Dawn of Sorrow (although tbh I've been mostly only using Yoko lmao)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deltalorian said:

I may be addicted to Dark Souls remastered, this is my 3rd play through of the week.

From all the Souls-like games, I like Sekiro the most. 10/10. This is one of my favorite games. I like the katana + prosthesis combat system, the stealth mechanics, the atmosphere, the setting (not some random fantasy world, but Japan - even if highly fictionalized), the main character, and the story.

Then: Demon's Souls Remake. 9/10. I have not seen better graphics anywhere else (admittedly, aside from Returnal, Demon's Souls Remake is the only PS5 exclusive which I own). The atmosphere is absolutely great... e. g. Tower of Latria. Never seen a more stunning and beautiful video game level. I love the dreamy and surrealistic look. And... Contrary to the general consensus, I enjoyed the "gimmicky" bosses. 🙃

Dark Souls (Remastered) and Elden Ring, mmmh.. 7/10.... ok, I like Elden Ring a bit more. Dark Souls is much less repetitive. But the Elden Ring world is "nicer". I also simply do not identify with playing an undead. And I liked Malenia. What a great boss:

Spoiler

malenia,-blade-of-miquella.jpg

(she should've been the final boss -- a real challenge -- and not this extremely annoying and anti-climactic "Elden Beast").

Oh, yes, there's also Dark Souls 3. I finished it, but overall it feels "meh" to me ... Dark Souls 2, I tried but, duh, gave up after an hour. It's just too bad.

Anyway, I always, ALWAYS play ALL my games only ONCE, LOL.

Now regarding Dark Souls ... how does Dark Souls relate to aromanticism? :aropride: (very important question)

I really liked the relationship between "Quelaag" and "Quelaag's Sister" (her real name is not known. She is also known as "The White Lady" / "The Fair Lady"). Queelag fights for her sister to death (very sad that you have to fight against her). I found this quite refreshing compared to the usual tropes, where such behavior is explained by romantic love...

But... I digress... the topic is: what video games are you playing?

After 30 hours of Crusader Kings III, I now started playing "Horizon Forbidden West".

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Portal companion collection for Switch. I played the original games on Steam, but when I saw this collection I had to have it. The motion controls work surprisingly well! It also helped me euthanize my companion cube really fast 🥲

• Like 1

I was almost finished with haven, but got distracted with beckett, so i guess its gonna be like hollow knight, and ill leave it unfinished just before the ending, idk

• Like 2

Angels of Death, the RPG.

I watched the Netflix anime, now I play the game.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I have a GeForce RTX™ 3090 Ti... that I bought it at the height of the semiconductor shortage. What a WASTE. 😉

Ok, seriously, aside from its "technical limitations", this game is great.

• Like 1