Come here to plan your wedding, even if you'll never have one!

mossy

I can't see a situation in which I'd ever have a wedding of my own. I also didn't spend time dreaming of my perfect "big day" as a little girl, and attending weddings can even be a bit uncomfortable for me.

However, there are some parts of planning a wedding that seem fun (at least hypothetically - I don't think I'd enjoy the stress of ACTUALLY planning one). If you relate to this, then this thread is for you! If you were to have a wedding, what aspects would you like to be part of it?

For me, I'd love to have the ceremony in a greenhouse or a lush courtyard. The reception would be awesome in a beautiful old building, like an old library or a castle. I would love to incorporate bouquets of native wildflowers. I'd want to aim for 50-75 guests, and no one gets a plus one - I don't want strangers in attendance at my imaginary wedding lol. For the dress, I'd want maybe a blush coloured flowy ballgown, or maybe something a bit more minimal, idk.

Please, I'd love to hear about your hypothetical weddings <3 

• Like 2

I'm planning a post corona party when I want to invite everyone I know. I suppose that's a bit like one would feel when planning their wedding.

At first I was planning it as a belated 30th birthday party but then I realized I don't care about my birthday, I just want the party.

• Haha 1

I’ve never put much thought about my wedding before except the food but I’m a chef so that makes sense. I’d want it to be a small, outdoor wedding. Maybe near a wooded area with a creek? There would be a couple flavors of pie as well as cake. Lots of ABBA would be played.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd never have a wedding. But for this theoretical thing I would try make it ridiculous as possible with as many elements possible.

All guests will arrive in horse drawn carriages.

There will be little fairy lights everywhere.

An owl will deliver a statement from the sky.

A huge wedding cake that is so tall it towers into the sky.

It would be next to the mountains and rivers outside near a resort.

Part of the ceremony happens on a boat. 

There will be a huge piles of flowers, not bouquets more sorta natural.

There will be an area to pet dogs and another for cats.

Afterwards there will be a huge buffet feast.

Aww, I love all these ideas of weddings!

Im more of an extrovert, so I would habe a big party and invite everyone and their cousins friend hahaha

I would wear a white princess wedding dress and I would definetly get my hair done with flowers in it. Also a lot of glitter and white pumps, because I feel like a princess in them. Im catholic so I guess some part of the wedding would take place in the church. I would get a preacher who supports everyone and would wear green, grey, white and black for me at the ceremony. And flowers everywhere because they are cool.

For the location I would probably choose something near the sea. The kids could play in it and of course everyone else too. Tables and stuff would be outside and a place for the band to play everyones favorite songs. Everything would be decorated in a celestial aesthetic. Also there would be a lot of food, especially cake and garlic bread heh. But of course a lot of other stuff so everyone, no matter what they like/are able to eat would find something for them.

Also I would think of something for the introverts, so they dont get stressed out by the loud, partying people. Maybe some decorated benches at the seaside to just chill out a bit.

Everyone would just have a good time and enjoy the food. That would be my perfect wedding :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming that money is no object:

I'd have loads and loads of roses, since they're one of my favourite flowers, and they bloom during outdoor-wedding season.

The dinner would be vegetarian- probably different kinds of curry, since that's easy for a caterer to make for a large number of people.

I think that instead of a cake, I'd have one of those elaborate tiered towers of pastries, so guests could choose between different desserts.  I'd hate to have the highlight of the meal be something that someone's allergic to, or just can't stand.

I'd rather wear a suit than a dress. I think I'd go for an old-fashioned tailcoat, like you see in BBC dramas.

Instead of having a single colour theme, I think I'd decorate the place in rainbows.

• Like 1

This thread was made for me. 

I was never a fan of the big, extravagant weddings. I'd prefer just a small wedding with maybe a handful of friends (probably not family as both my boyfriends and ours family relationship is strained). 

I don't really like engagement or wedding rings though I love promise rings 

I'm gonna attempt to break every rule possible, "only the bride can wear white!!" Fuck you, my dress will be electric blue & there will be no best man, just best girl 

Edited by Lovebird

• 1 year later...

I think that wedding dresses are pretty. So when I think about wedding I think about wedding dress only and I plan how would it look like.

I was like this since childhood, in my imagination was a dress and some fuzzy image of church hall in the background, but that's more of a stereotypical influence. I'm not even a believer. Never I have imagined my partner at the wedding.

• Like 2

I didn't do stereotypical wedding planning as a child. However, I did have an ideal: as non traditional as possible, ending with me objecting and leaving. I do still think that would be very fun, if only to make a statement.

Edit: I just realized this should have clued me in to not wanting to get married way sooner.

Edited by Neon
  • Like 2

I don't want a wedding for three main reasons:

1. I have stage fright and would hate to pour out vulnerable feelings in front of everyone to hear.
  2. There's no androgynous clothing for weddings as far as I'm concerned. A traditional wedding dress feels too fem, and a traditional suit feels to masc. Why can't there be a third option?
  3. I'm getting the impression that you're going to have to make out with your spouse in front of everyone while they take pictures of you doing so. Just no.

I'll be fine with signing marriage papers, but a wedding? No thanks.

i have never thought about a wedding and i have never wanted one and i will never want one but in theory...

i will show up on a skateboard,there will be plenty of cake and other types of desserts,i will be wearing sweatpants,a t-shirt and vans,there is no dress code,pizza,after there is a movie night,not walking down the aisle or whatever because i don't want to and my anxiety says no,fairy lights,only my friends and whoever else shows up will be there.the tablecloths would be rainbow.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 12:36 AM, Scylactic said:

There's no androgynous clothing for weddings as far as I'm concerned. A traditional wedding dress feels too fem, and a traditional suit feels to masc. Why can't there be a third option?

I've seen there were some developments for wedding suit for women.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6l9NqL8pu0cpsCi7vVaF

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1nCl8PKOs9FClsqnb4pu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAtar77Q7fjZ1-gIe0F8X

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQxdeebEvcQxKx_sckNKl

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-M1nnD_POvhJ1fAL1hCa

But maybe it's too feminine ?

Edited by nonmerci
  • Like 2

hmmmm I don't think I've ever thought of my wedding before

But if I were to have one I'd like to wear a white dress and have flowers everywhere

Then after I officially get married to my best friend, everyone would gather around a big screen to binge watch on Netflix while eating food 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

wearing the most colorful and tackiest suit known to man and walking down an aisle with someone (in my mind, i am physically unable to visualize a specific person beside me [the person is still there tho], and if i try to see that person in detail, i don't know where i am in the mental picture)

im seeing way too much of me having this masc-andro look and the other person can honestly be whatever gender/look they wanna be

anyways

the venue isn't white, it's some other pretty color (because white icks me out in this case), and there are people there (family is the feeling im getting), and there's no kiss. just walking down the aisle, people cheering, and then we sit down and eat the (white) cake.

i dont see myself getting married at the wedding (funny enough so) i see myself kinda just being there for the sake of being there with that person that i mentioned earlier but we don't get married or do vows or anything. it's an event made to look like a wedding. and is a wedding, but constitutes against everything a wedding is.

it's just a hangout party ig

• Like 1

If I ever become a chaplain, I would want my ordination to be a lot like a wedding.  I would be symbolically marrying my work.

If I never become a chaplain, I still want to symbolically marry my work.

I don't know but if they don't let me wear jeans to it then I'm not showing up.

Oh, and I'd like salad instead of soup for the reception.

Edit: Forgot The Who's "Boris The Spider" will be playing full volume drowning-out the vows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txKoBHs2huY

Edited by -Veet-Voojagig

I believe these are appropriate wedding songs?

(White Wedding - Billy Idol)

(Caution: Dark humour following)

(Used To Love Her - Guns N' Roses)

(It Should Have Been Me - Yvonne Fair)

(Every Breath You Take - The Police)

I would wear something androgynous. My best friend who I thought I liked for a while is currently my imaginary husband because I’m not feeling creative enough to imagine someone else or no one right now. The colors will be creamy white, deep orange, and forest green. The venue is rustic and woodsy and in Vermont. There are twinkle lights because twinkle lights. I get a very large cake. The song that we dance to is “growing old on bleeker street” by AJR because he introduced me to it and we do cry together. It all sounds very pretty and happy until I realize I would be repulsed the whole time by binding myself in a romantic relationship forever. 

Except for the getting married part, it all sounds pretty good though.