Sign in to follow this  
Cee Fox

Aro POCs

When it comes to intersectionality the first thing that comes to mind is people of colour so I thought I'd make a thread for it! 

• Like 2

Thank you, @Cee Fox ! Just to get a topic going I thought I'd share this post I made on Tumblr about the marriage of two famous Bollywood celebrities and how that impacts me as an aro of South Asian descent. I feel like each poc community has distinct, deep-set attitudes toward marriage and these are my thoughts on those in the South Asian community.

I often feel out of place in the LGBT community to begin with as a queer black person. I find that the LGBT community has an overwhelming number of white people for a culture supposedly focused on diversity and acceptance. The number of nonwhite people becomes even less in the bi community, and lesser still on the aspectrum. I just hope this thread can introduce me to other LGBT people of color.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 11:57 PM, Chibi Sam Winchester said:

I often feel out of place in the LGBT community to begin with as a queer black person. I find that the LGBT community has an overwhelming number of white people for a culture supposedly focused on diversity and acceptance. The number of nonwhite people becomes even less in the bi community, and lesser still on the aspectrum. I just hope this thread can introduce me to other LGBT people of color.

I definitely agree! At my college, which is overwhelmingly white, it's difficult for me to find LGBT+ spaces where I feel truly at home as a black aro/ace female.

• Like 1

I'm not a PoC, but I am hispanic and tired of having to explain to stupid exclusionshit fuckheads why deeming asexuality a "white people thing" is, in fact, extremely racist, because hey! I don't like being subjected to the spicy latina lover stereotype! 🙄

• Like 2