Aros and alcohol (poll)

Aros and alcohol  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't drink; mostly because I take medication that makes the effects of alcohol really bad.  My family convinced me to have a few sips of a drink for my 21st birthday, and I already was starting to feel tipsy, jittery, and anxious.  After that I just felt more validated in my decision to be permanent DD for my friends.

• Like 1

I feel vastly outnumbered here :P

I drink a fair bit, not always to get drunk though that's sometimes the aim. It helps loosen me up, and when consumed correctly it elevates my mood too.

• Like 3

I don't drink because I find the taste of alcohol to be absolutely foul. Even before I tried it, I knew I wouldn't like it. If I was to drink, I'd probably have to take shots and swallow really quickly so that I don't spit it out. Although, I might still throw it back up :/. I don't know though cause I've never taken a shot before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

• Like 2

I didn't like the taste of every alcohol I have ever tested. If I ever find one that I actually like, I'll drink it, but moderately because I really hate to get sick and I'm kinda scared of all the shit my drunk-self would say:facepalm:

• Like 1

I like to drink, and I kind of like the *tipsy* state that comes along with it.9_9

I get more relaxed and slightly talkative when I drink(I'm rather quiet when sober)

I guess I enjoy these little changes in me.

But I try not to drink too much. I really really hate hangovers:facepalm:

• Like 2

I like my alcohol (except wine and creme liquor) just in the same way that I like my coffee, tee or any other beverage xD 

I also like to open a beer with my roomie in the evenings after a stressful day or enjoy some Whisky (which is my cats name xD). I also like to drink socially with friends the most

I never drink to much though, because yes, aftereffects of alcohol suck and they don't do much for my personality. I really have no other reason than that I actually like the taste =)

• Like 2

I drink occasionally, but I don't really like the taste of most alcoholic bewerages so I'm really picky! I like the feeling of being slightly tipsy, but I do NOT like to get drunk. 

• Like 1

I only drink once in a very great while.  Usually xmas or new years with the family, and that's it.  Once or twice a year.  I never really developed the taste for it, but I don't mind the flavour of a Vodka Collins, so that's my usual go-to drink.  I don't like the taste of beer at all. 

Also, having seen how many drunk people act has put me off alcohol.  And I am a bit of a control freak, at least where *self* control is concerned.

I don't drink very much, that's probably because of my family's financial issues though. I like to have a drink when I go out for lunch or maybe 2/3 drinks with my friends to get slightly tipsy. I like ciders, liquors, bourbon (and coke) and vodka cruisers (so all the sweet things).

I don't like the idea of getting drunk, too expensive and a little bit scary. I also don't like going to a bar and dancing I'm way too asocial for that haha

I don't drink at all. My biggest reason is that alcohol abuse runs in my extended family, but I also don't like the sensation of swallowing alcohol and never really cared for the taste. I don't have much interest in seeing myself drunk, (the notion of having some of your brain shut down kinda disturbs me,) plus it's expensive and generally not good on the body. Plus, it's better that I avoid alcohol since I'm on testosterone, so I'm filled with good reasons not to touch the stuff. I feel like I'm more likely to walk into a bar to make music than to drink alcohol :P

(That said, I respect that some people can enjoy alcohol and drink responsibly.)

• Like 1

I've only recently hit legal drinking age and while i hate the idea of losing what tiny control i do have over my 'self', and the thought of addiction lingers always, i have had a couple of tiny sips when offered by my parents, mostly out of curiosity.

the first was a cheap nasty wine and it was the most disgusting thing ever, and the second was maker's mark (whiskey i think? idk) in coke. it was... tolerable, but gross.

beer smells freakin horrid and i would not even take a sip if someone offered

so while i would like to know how to hold my liquor and what things should taste like, i don't want to drink ever. ever.

• Like 1

Only very occasionally, and usually only two to four drinks. Also I don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks. I mostly like wines, and getting good quality wine in most bars is quite difficult...

I drink fairly often at home, but not usually when visiting my parents (unless it's a holiday meal) since they're conservative and think all drinking leads to alcoholism. Bourbon and red wine are my favorites. :) A little bit helps me wind down and quiets down the anxiety in social situations.

I do, but only on occassion. The novelty sort of wore off after my very early twenties, and now it's just something that's fun maybe a couple of times a year, and when I do, it's a few drinks, nothing more. It affects my medication badly now as well, so there's that to think about.