What's your dream career?

What's your dream career? Are you in your dream career now?

My dream career is in the waste and recycling industry. I would like to tackle recycling issues, like curbside recycling. I either want to start my own trash company, or get hired by Waste Management or Republic Services. Right now, I'm a once-in-a-while volunteer at my local recycling center, and I'm an aspiring recycling/waste advocate at my local Smith's (where I work as a Courtesy Clerk).

I'm excited to read what the career passions of fellow aros are!

P.S.,

To you asexuals, there's also a trash company called "Ace"!

• Like 4

My ideal career would be in sustainable development and would allow me to have more contact with both nature and people.

About recycling and reuse, there are a lot of upcycling initiatives in my city, from furniture to clothes or electronic appliances. This is good because it reduces the overall carbon footprint, relocalises workforce and provides cheap products to people in need.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ice Queen said:

professional chess player ❤️

Do you want to compete for championships? I think that'd be a thriller with a whole range of emotions, from anticipation (from earning an opportunity to compete in a championship match) to excitement (from winning a championship) to sadness (from losing the championship to someone else).

Hard question!
I'm a urban planner and I find it very interesting and meaningful but also very frustrating and draining. So it's a weird mix. My dream job would probably be to work as a kinda activist/lobbyist in urban planning so that I could work to change the things I find frustrating.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 5:52 AM, Blake said:

Conservation Ecologist in Endangered Species. Aiming for that cuz I love animals more than people.

I work in veterinary medicine for the same reason, haha. I'm a veterinary receptionist, ultimately hoping to become a veterinarian, though I've been considering going to school to be a tech instead.

Part of me feels like my actual dream job would more creative, like in the arts, but I think the reality of having to worry about making my art marketable enough to pay the bills would ruin my passion for it. It's probably better as a hobby for me. Being a vet is my dream because I've always had this strong desire to help animals, but even just working in the field as a receptionist is insanely stressful for my anxiety disordered self. Sometimes I think it would be nice to go back to working in a field where there aren't literally lives on the line, but this is important to me so I don't want to give up on it.

• Like 1

As a child, I wanted to be a billion things, but one never change : become a writer. I just had so many stories in my mind, I love to write them, make them consistent, and see how people react to it; somehow give life to the characters.

However, I don't know where you live, but where I am, it is almost impossible to live only as a writer. People who does write a lot and live on conferences or talk they do, in particular in school for the people who write book for children/teenagers. It's a lot of work, and not well-paid. But one day, if I have the chance, I wish I could live on my writings. You say dream career after all.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My home life is garbage, but actually I'm technically in one of my dream fields. Social work. Though you're often contending with an environment that views the people we serve as "inferior." 

I've recently thought, what with gentrification choking us all, "what if I'd become a financial advisor (etc)" Not for me. I'm not that type of person. 

Anything better would be me owning a radio station that plays '60s-'90s music from anywhere in the world in any language all together because segregation needs to die in a fire and it's not like it's untranslated stories (DJs would speak English because US, widest reach), a complementary AM station for early recorded popular music through 1950s, a complementary TV station because we all miss MTV, and profit would fund the buying up of all these luxury apartments that are just Air BnB fronts and artificially creating unlivable markets, and turn them into pleasant and affordable accommodations for at-risk and uncared for populations, like queer people who are not youth and non-citizen immigrants, etc.  

But that takes a lot of money to start up...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dream career is being a vet, but I'm not one yet as I still have 10 years of studies until I can be one

• Like 1

I'm studying sustainability management, which is pretty much what i'm interested in, but to me, my dream job is also something that has a good environment and where my work would actually matter, and not just be greenwashing a company that is actually destroying the planet. To be honest, i'd love to work as a transition manager, in a company where i could actually help make a difference. At the moment my future looks a lot like consulting, at least for a while, but maybe in a few years i could get closer to that. I would also be perfectly happy being a middle manager as long as the job would be related to sustainability, as to me the constant career advancement preached in biz school sounds like hell.

• Like 1

Well, since you're asking about a dream career I guess mine would be either in the animation field. Then I grew up and realized that the journey to become a professional artist is a lot harder than I thought. I'll keep doing art as a hobby. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

It's great to see your passion for the waste and recycling industry, even in a thread that's three years old. Your dream career in addressing recycling issues and potentially starting your own trash company or working with established industry players like Waste Management or Republic Services is admirable.
Your willingness to volunteer at the local recycling center and advocate for recycling and waste management in your workplace shows your dedication to your goals.
For those interested in exploring career opportunities, you can still check out sarkari naukri. Pursuing your dream career often involves persistence and continuous effort, and it's evident that you're committed to making a positive impact in the waste and recycling field.

Edited by Edeemaxy
  • Like 1

I would like to run the little shop in the lobby of the local public library without having to worry about turning a profit. It wasn't profitable when it was trying, so like just giving out free tea, coffee, or snacks to everyone who hangs out there would be a joy.

• Like 1

I’d like to be a priest in the Lutheran tradition, or perhaps a Franciscan or some kind Canons Regular. Or a clerics regular.

Edited by Iamorchid