Aromantic Character Headcanons

• 3 weeks later...

Hey
I made a post about wanting to make a compilation video of aromantic characters. If you have any specific moment in mind where your headcanon aros says or does something which gives you extra aro feels. Let me know in this post

I honestly think Elsa from Frozen is Aro, especially after the new Frozen2.? ??

??? She literally sings a song about how she has found herself, and that's all she needs (basically). And when her sister Anna was all, love love romance *smushes toys faces together*, Elsa literally went "Ew" and tossed the 'prince' aside so the queen could save everyone.

Elsa is Aro, I rest my case.

I also just thought of two other characters I headcanon as Aro! Aziraphale and Crowley from Good Omens. I know a lot of people put them together romantically (which is ok), but they stick together for years (literally sense man was created) and they don't actually show romantic interest for anyone in the show. But they stick together and help one another. I totally ship them as Aromantic Platonic Soulmates.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just so the last Star Wars.

Who else is mad because of this stupid illogical kiss that came out of nowhere? You won't tell me they felt in love during the few conversations they had when they weren't trying to kill themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, Rey was just very confused and just wanting to thank him for saving her. Because Rey is aro, and it would be canon without this strange feeling to put kisses every where.

Sorry I needed to complain.  Just when I was thinking this SW wasn't as bad as the previous, this happened. I was so mad.

At least she doesn't end up with Finn,  there is no couple in the end.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2020 at 1:07 PM, nonmerci said:

Just so the last Star Wars.

SPOILERS FOR RISE OF SKYWALKER AHEAD!!

I agreeee. I loved the connection they forged at the end, but couldn't they have had a friendship or sibling relationship? A hug woulda been so much better. But I guess the creators couldn't see ANY non-romantic way to depict a human connection >:(

Also my son Kylo should not have died aaa

• Like 3

@hermi1e

Exactly.

To write spoilers,  write your text between [spoiler*] and [/spoiler*], without the *.

And also

I hated how Kylo does smiling just after the kiss. Like "someone is in love with me, I am happy now". And it also ruins his sacrifice a bit, like he did it because he was in love and not because he wanted to be a better person.

• Like 2

Idk if this has been said yet, but Will from stranger things is totally aro (although the show might make him gay). And I totally agree with Elsa and Merida!

Rn I'm watching Vikings and maybe Athelstan could be aro, but I have only watched the first 1.5 season so that might still change

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we never say it before, but Jo March from Little Women is 100% aro. The only reason she get married is because the publisher, not the author, wanted to for commercial reason (and that's why the romance is so forced). Jo and Laurie story really describes an aromantic struggle : how your allo best friend is expecting more of view. A lot of people interpret that in feminist point of view with Jo wanting independance, and why not, but for me it was just Jo being unable to reciprocate feelings. It was an aro thing for me, and always will be. There is nothing that shown Jo has even be romantically (nor sexually by the way) attracted to anyone, until the end when the author had to find her a partner because "society". Also, her ideal affective life seems to live happily ever after with her sisters, not a romantic partner.

So Jo is an aro icon for me.

And it is semi-autobiographical... from an author who never gets married and saw marriage as a social pressure... of course people think it is because of feminism and that she might be lesbian (because why would a woman not want to marry a man otherwise? I mean she is a feminist icon of course, but she sounds aro too, though will never know).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

kinda thought Missy from Big Mouth is lithromantic, because she lost attraction for Andrew real fast. You could kinda feel her repulsion when he got super lovey (she literally threw up on him!) I get that she was meant to just be overwhelmed and not ready for a relationship, but idk. Any other Missy fans here? XD

On 1/10/2020 at 3:08 AM, Philotes said:

Will from stranger things is totally aro (although the show might make him gay).

Yas ofc, tho I'm bracing myself for queerbaiting 

• Like 1

I've head cannoned Mick Rory from Legends if Tomorrow (my avatar) as Arospec since season 1.

The most recent episode had Mick get his first "crush" after "reuniting" (Mick is not Ace) with a female friend from high school, making him officially Demiromantic.  Head cannon achieved!

Honestly? Josuke from JJBA. He seemed very confused by the idea of Okuyasu wanting to date and has never expressed interest in anyone, and I can relate to that.

I also headcanon Jotaro as aromantic, and would absolutely love them to talk about their aromanticism. They could share their experience together, and because Jotaro already is sort of a mentor for Josuke, he could give him some advice on growing up and just reassure him that things will get better eventually.

13 hours ago, Kallie said:

Honestly? Josuke from JJBA. He seemed very confused by the idea of Okuyasu wanting to date and has never expressed interest in anyone, and I can relate to that.

I also headcanon Jotaro as aromantic, and would absolutely love them to talk about their aromanticism. They could share their experience together, and because Jotaro already is sort of a mentor for Josuke, he could give him some advice on growing up and just reassure him that things will get better eventually.

I raise you aro Okuyasu. (A lot of the stuff about Okuyasu and romance was completely made up for the anime and I'm still pissed about it tbh...)

9 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

I raise you aro Okuyasu. (A lot of the stuff about Okuyasu and romance was completely made up for the anime and I'm still pissed about it tbh...)

Oh, I only watched the anime, so I didn't know that :0

I suppose aro Okuyasu would be very cute too, hm.

6 hours ago, Kallie said:

Oh, I only watched the anime, so I didn't know that :0

I suppose aro Okuyasu would be very cute too, hm.

Yep. The only ones that were actually in the manga are when he comments on how jealous he is that Koichi had a girl confess to him, and when he comments that Reimi's really pretty and it's a shame she died 15 years ago. That's about it. The anime made him kinda sleazy, what with commenting on Josuke's mom and all that... That one was DEFINITELY never in the manga. I was really angry when I saw that they added that.

These are popular ones, but Katniss Everdeen and Elsa both give me really strong aro vibes. The ending of The Hunger Games has always bothered me and a large part of that was Katniss getting married and having kids and being seemingly completely uninterested in both. >________>

I kinda like Mai from ATLA as aromantic as well.

I love the idea of Roën from the Orisha trilogy as aromantic and I know quite a few people in the fandom who hc Tzain as aromantic (which I love because I relate a lot to him).

I always felt like Christina Yang from Grey's Anatomy should be aromantic. A lot of the ways she acted in her relationships were really relatable and read as pretty aro to me.

I could easily see Scully from X-Files as arospec.

Frederico Estaban Giuseppe Gonzoga from the GFL series hits with me as a fellow caedromantic. The main character Quentin Barnes also reads as demiromantic (and grayasexual) to me.

I've completely fallen out of the HP fandom, but when I was still invested in that story, the fandom turned me onto Harry as aromantic or gray-romantic, and I couldn't see him as anything else after that. (As well as Charlie Weasley and Oliver Wood.)

• Like 1

I think when someone ask JK Rowling if Charlie is gay because not married and no kids, she answers he is not gay but mire interested in dragons than women. So there is discussions about him being aroace. And fun fact : in tthe game hogwarts mystery on smartphone, they kept that. During the Valentine qu'est you have him saying things like "why dating when there is dragons", that was cool.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Someone just interacted with my post on tumblr and reminded me -

Anyone else watch Everything's Gonna Be Okay?

(Mild SPOILER WARNING)

I think it was two week's ago episode that Nicholas told his boyfriend that no, he didn't always love him at every moment, and he didn't want to say he did if he didn't feel it in that moment. Just felt hugely arospec to me, especially compared to his boyfriend, Alex, who could not understand that feeling.

Merida from brave, I just saw her on screen as a kid when my gramma took me and I loved her almost instantly. I related to this girl. I love her as an aro icon. 

Other headcanons include Xaldin from Kingdom Hearts, as well as Kirk (as in star trek don't @ me). 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Re-watching Gravity Falls and I forgot just how aro Soos is!

• Never dated (until Melody)
  • Never really tried to date
  • Never talks about dating
  • Only tries to date because his grandma asks him to
  • Doesn't know how to flirt (outright admits it)
  • Uncomfortable and scared in situations where he's supposed to be romantic
  • Is more comfortable with a computer game "girlfriend"
  • Completely happy to have a long distance relationship, in fact more comfortable than hanging out in person

The first time I watched GF, I remember how creepy and upsetting I found the computer girlfriend (Giffany) episode. It stood out to me as one that really didn't fit in with other episodes and didn't belong. It felt forced and heteronormative and amatonormative. This time around, watching Soos through a different lens and realizing how aro all his actions come off as, I reacted a lot differently to the episode. It still does ring of heteronormative and amatonormative, but I realize how Soos is just kinda going with the flow and trying to make his grandma happy more than seriously pursuing dating for himself.

• Like 3