Aromantic Character Headcanons

I headcanon Aloy from the video game Horizon Zero Dawn as aro because almost every character in the game flirts with her at some point but she's always like thanks not interested and she has a large group of friends she cares for immensely

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tired-Sparo said:

I headcanon Aloy from the video game Horizon Zero Dawn as aro because almost every character in the game flirts with her at some point but she's always like thanks not interested and she has a large group of friends she cares for immensely

Wow!! I played horizon for a really long time and I always loved it because it featured essentially a career-focussed woman as the strong hero! Tbh I never really connected her with aromanticism but that's because I'm an aro nerd who is completely oblivious to all forms of romance :P but seeing her as aro just makes my heart sing, she's got such major aro vibes will still being such an icon and badass ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe this show is too old, or just not what everyone is watching. It's definitely not what I normally watch, but everyone has heard of the 90's sitcom Friends right?

Because I totally headcanon Joey Tribbiani as heterosexual and demi or gray aromantic. I mean, he sleeps with plenty of women, but only seriously dates once in the show's entire 10 year run. That one time, it's with Rachel, whom he'd been friends with for years, and admits to being afraid because this is a completely new feeling for him.  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

(I hope it's not too late, but…)

Terra from final fantasy 6.

she spend all her time wondering about true love, and when she find it, it's love fo her familly/friends. 

The Teacher from the Alice Mare is a huge hc for me. Also Mikado from 1BitHeart though he probably wasn't...

Alice from Pandora Hearts most likely AroAce. Most likely Jack Vessalius too but... yeah.

Allen Walker from D.Gray-man for AroAce too ??

Probably more but can't think of atm.

Also my AroAce OC though I guess that's canon

• Like 1

I'm currently obsessed with The Runaways right now. It's one of my all time favorite comic book series and the tv show was a bit slow in the first season but great in the second season.

I started headcanoning Molly Hernandez (or Hayes in the comics) as aroace as a joke, but now I kinda really like it.

She's the only one of the main characters who never has a love interest. The show writers probably do it because she's the youngest and they want to make her seem less mature than all the other runaways, but she's 15. Everyone I knew at 15 already had crushes and were dating. Still, Molly hasn't been given a love interest. Every story arc she has is about wanting everyone to get along as a family. The time she brings an outsider into the group, it's a guy that she thinks might be her brother.

I don't know, there isn't really a lot of evidence for aroace Molly but I like the idea. She's so full of love for everyone around her but it all seems to be familial and platonic love.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2016 at 8:51 PM, DeMorgan said:

How about Voldemort? He doesn't seem like a particularly romantic individual...

Well Tom Riddle was conceived under the influence of a love potion so I'm pretty that means he is incapable of feeling love. I don't know if that makes him aromatic / asexual or just some sort of psychopath / sociopath. 

• Like 1

Blitzen from Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard because his relationship with Hearth is not romantic but is definitely beyond friendship and they have an amazing connection. I think Blitz is aro because most romantic people don't have that type of relationship with other romantic people and there is no evidence of Blitzen ever having a crush or dating somebody.

• Like 3

What about Merlin (from the show Merlin)? Some girls showed interest in him from time to time, but I don't remember him showing romantic feelings (or maybe I just don't remember because it is a long time since I watch the show (note to myself, rewatch it)). I know a lot of people ship him with Morgana or Arthur, but shippers have to ship right?

The writters said that Merlin will never be involved in a romance, and indeed he never did. So he could be somewhere in aro spectrum?

On 4/5/2016 at 4:27 AM, Nylese said:

I really think Sasuke from the manga Naruto is aromantic and asexual. Throughout the series he is noticeably the only person who isn't affected in any way by other people's sexual nudity. The person he feels the most for is his brother.

Sorry to dig this out but I agree. so. damn. much!
I was quite the big fan of Naruto and always thought about Sasuke as aroace. You now shipping is fine but I couldn't imagine him with anyone.
The closest person to him, that's still alive, was and is Naruto IMO. And with Naruto himself I don't think he's ace but I can totally imagine him being aromantic.
He's just oblivious to romantic love as I am. His crush on Sakura didn't seem romantic to me and later in the series they have a really strong brother/sister bond.
I don't know if that's the aro inside me but I disliked the ending for Sasuke and Naruto. Both of their "romantic interests" and marriages felt extremly forced, leaving me once more asking WHY and if it was
necessary (no it wasn't). I would've strongly prefered if they just stayed single and treasured their strong friendship.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:31 PM, David Box said:

Keith from Voltron as aro [...]  Keith because I see 0 romance for him at all and I can't imagine him with anyone at all [...]

As Voltron fan I stand my ground he's aro (and possibly on the asexual spectrum). Even if half the fandom seems to think he's a closeted gay for whatever reason (because no one can be friends with each other, there always needs to be romantic or sexual tension).
For once I agree with you that I can't imagine him with anyone romantically and the brotherly connection with Shiro proved to me he loves people rather platonically - but very much so (and I love the bond they share in canon).
The talk in season 8 with Lance gave this vibe off to me too. I admire the way Keith's and Lance's friendship developed.
Also as he was alone with Allura in a previous season I found his reactions funny - because there were none. Everyone was like Uuuh they ran off together and Keith was only shrugging.
I was afraid they would pair him off with her (again).
I'm happy he ended up single and stayed single in the end card.
The forced romance with Lance was enough for me, couldn't have beared it if they had done it with Keith as well.

And yeah, Todd from Bojack Horseman is an official confirmed asexual character by now - I'm not sure about him being aro (because of Yolanda n' stuff). But he definitely has a special friendship with Emily and I love it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotHeartless said:

(because no one can be friends with each other, there always needs to be romantic or sexual tension)

So true.

This is basically how it always goes for me :

"I like their friendship, let's see some videos about them"

*go to youtube*

A few minutes later "Ok, internet turned them into a couple... again".

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Oh god, yeah. It's like you watch one (1) clip from a TV show involving two characters, and next thing you know your YouTube recommendations are like "HERE HAVE 20 DIFFERENT PUZZLESHIPPING AMVS, YOU LIKE THAT RIGHT? RIGHT?? KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE" no. die

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

And let's not forget, if we dont ship them we are apparently worthless or something.

New headcanon: the drifter from hyperlight drifter. Because… i don't know, i feel like it. (I also like to think the drifter is non binary) It's not like there was romance in the game and it's refreshing!

• 3 months later...

I headcanon Saiki Kusuo (from Saiki Kusuo no Sai Nan/The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.) as aro and ace because he doesn't seem to have any strong opinions nor strong desire to have any sort of relationship with other characters despite helping them from time to time. He enjoys having his own space while eating sweets.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This thread is definitely dead but Captain Marvel is an aro/ace icon in a QPR and raising a child with Maria. 

I really feel like this opinion is self explanatory but she just goes about life without paying special attention to men. As a female main character with no (explicit) love interest it's pretty clear she's aro/ace coded. A scene that stands out for me is where that idiot is revving his motorcycle trying to get her to notice him and she'll have none of it, it's so aro/ace

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

OK I have two hc's: Sherlock Holmes and Kusuo Saiki (from The Disasterous Life of Saiki K.)

I'm basing this Sherlock off of the original stories, because BBC sherlock seems to have just a teensy bit of tension between him and John. 

In the original stories, he doesn't date at all, and the only potential "interest" is Irene Adler, whom is immediately dismissed as a romantic interest within the first paragraph, something about how Sherlock admired her for her brain and not as anything else.

And then with Saiki, he's a psychic and all powerful and all that jazz. He has the attention of apparently the most perfect girl in the world, and he could not care less. In fact, he tries as hard as he can to get away from her and to make her lose interest in him. In fact, the only thing he's really interested in is sweets. cake and coffee jelly. The way he deals with all this is hilarious and I highly recommend this show.

• Like 1

I originally thought Emmett "Doc" Brown from Back to the Future was on the aro/ace spectrum but I was disappointed upon Back to the Future 3 where Doc fell into love with a woman and had children. This rules out him being aro (because he said he loved this woman) and it most likely rules out him being ace. I thought that was quite unfortunate. I still like him, though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eOrion said:

Will from stranger things,

Oh yes!

I haven't finish season 3 yet, but from what I saw he is experiencing something we talk a lot here : his friends forget him now that they have girlfriends. Of course some people will argue he's gay, but I am sure he is 100% aromantic. 

3 hours ago, Skittles87 said:

"Kissing is gross, you just mash your food-holes together!"

A demon has never been that relatable.  For the guy that explain they'll find their  soulmate in the good place, he is very aromantic.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:53 AM, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Oh god, yeah. It's like you watch one (1) clip from a TV show involving two characters, and next thing you know your YouTube recommendations are like "HERE HAVE 20 DIFFERENT PUZZLESHIPPING AMVS, YOU LIKE THAT RIGHT? RIGHT?? KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE" no. die

So true. Everytime I watch clips of Arthur and Merlin best moments, I have in recommandation "Arthur and Merlin, are they gay?" Everytime I want to scream : "Merlin is aro leave him alone!".

I think it also happened to me watching Harry Potter videos. There are hundred of possible ships with this one.

Romance is everywhere. You can't run, it will find you.

(Now, this sound like the pitch of a horror movie.)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Verity Willis from "loki : agent of asgard" (marvel )

Idk , it don't look like she is interested by romance (or at least not much ). I think she say so herself but i don't remember exactly. (she can also detect any lie, so it may or may not be one of the reason? If not THE Reason? not sure. She Don't seems to hate dating itself, she is more like "i hate when peoples lies and they lies all time". Not sure about romantic feelings )

Well, i like her and it's not impossible for her to be aro-spec anyway, so… *shrug* I feel Something (also aro-spec peoples can date, so why not? ^^ )