Aromantic Character Headcanons

On 2017-06-17 at 4:32 AM, Harley_arogreyace said:

Honestly, because of those very rare times he had romantic feelings, I want to say Joey was grey-aro or maybe even demi romantic

Could be squishes though? ;)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shotinthehand said:

Buck from the Ice Age series, anyone?

On the one hand, he does seem more interested in chasing Rudy the dinosaur than settling down with a romantic partner. On the other hand: "I woke up one morning married to a pineapple. An ugly pineapple. *sighs wistfully* But I loved her."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skittles87 said:

On the one hand, he does seem more interested in chasing Rudy the dinosaur than settling down with a romantic partner. On the other hand: "I woke up one morning married to a pineapple. An ugly pineapple. *sighs wistfully* But I loved her."

Gray-ro then?

7 minutes ago, shotinthehand said:

LOL I was talking about this with a friend last night and she called him fruitsexual xD

Whatever his deal is, he is easily my favourite character in the ice age films. :) 

Just now, Skittles87 said:

Whatever his deal is, he is easily my favourite character in the ice age films. :) 

Define what you mean by favorite and then I can tell you my favorite character. I have to admit, I like Diego better.

Define what you mean by favorite and then I can tell you my favorite character. I have to admit, I like Diego better.

I find him the most likeable, probably because he's a weasel (I like weasels) with the voice of Simon Pegg (I like Simon Pegg).

Though I'm also a fan of Scrat because he reminds me of all the Tex Avery cartoons I used to watch as a kid.

Just now, Skittles87 said:

I find him the most likeable, probably because he's a weasel (I like weasels) with the voice of Simon Pegg (I like Simon Pegg).

Though I'm also a fan of Scrat because he reminds me of all the Tex Avery cartoons I used to watch as a kid.

I find him the most likable because he has been through some shit and so can be salty but he's never mean like Manny is.

The Scrat shorts make me sad.

I find him the most likable because he has been through some shit and so can be salty but he's never mean like Manny is.

The Scrat shorts make me sad.

The Scrat shorts are too beautifully animated to make me sad! Though I suppose his acorn struggles are pretty epic.

Since shotinthehand and I have somewhat derailed this thread with speculation about "fruitsexuals" and acorn metaphors...

I just watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier (I know, I know, I'm way behind on Marvel movies) and now I headcanon Black Widow as aromantic. I love when she pretends to be engaged to Cap in the Apple store, it's like she's acting out a parody of romantic love. 

• Like 3

Also, Sherlock is ace/aro, you can kinda see why I think that. I also think he's in a qpr with Jawn bab ~~

Oh hell yess. The problem I have always had with Johnlock is that a vast majority of the shippers oversexualized it constantly and that always pissed me off. But because of recent things happening, as well as what we've seen of John and Sherlock's relationships and canonical info, the two having a QPR is the most logical and my favorite outcome. Sadly, most of the fandom obsessively ships them romantically and sexually so there's no real way of getting the idea of a  QPR through to them. 

A few aro/ace headcanons that I have are Jake English and Tavros Nitram from Homestuck.

Warning: SPOILERS (probably)

Jake English: Part of Jake's character arc is his discomfort and unhappiness due to the romantic advances directed at him by two of his friends and by one acquaintance. Though he intends to be the suave and romantic hero of his dreams who woos everyone he meets, most specifically blue alien girls, Jake ends up overwhelmed and even in tears throughout all the romantic situations he encounters, traits which highly hint towards him being aromantic.

Tavros Nitram: In Tavros's few romantic encounters, he always reacts with extreme discomfort. First we'll start with his relationship with Vriska Serket. During the trolls' game session, Tavros crashes into Vriska's hive to find Vriska wearing a mildly suggestive fairy costume, a nod to Tavros's love of Pupa Pan. Vriska grabs Tavros and kisses him, attempting to manipulate him with her mind powers to start a relationship, but giving up and then regretting her advances later. Tavros is urged by Heart Boxcars to kiss her back, but Tavros chooses not to as he does not want to kiss her. Vriska then apologizes to Tavros and the game session continues. Later in the story, Tavros then faces the advances of Gamzee Makara, who for the longest time was his closest bro. Gamzee hints to Tavros that he wants to make out with him and Tavros simply responds with a whole lot of ",,,,,,,,,,,,,," notifying the audience of Tavros's discomfort at the thought of kissing his best bro. Then more shenanigans happen and we all know how Tavros ends up.......

So wwwwooooooo headcanons.

• Like 2

Light Yurigama from Deathnote (Just started watching it so I don't know about later on)

4 hours ago, McNuggetManChild said:

The problem I have always had with Johnlock is that a vast majority of the shippers oversexualized it constantly and that always pissed me off. But because of recent things happening, as well as what we've seen of John and Sherlock's relationships and canonical info, the two having a QPR is the most logical and my favorite outcome. Sadly, most of the fandom obsessively ships them romantically and sexually so there's no real way of getting the idea of a  QPR through to them

Totally agreed!

• Like 4

On 18/12/2016 at 7:11 AM, James said:

Eren Jaeger from Attack on Titan, 100%.

The dude does nothing to ever suggest that he cares about romance (or sex) with anyone. The only thing even remotely romantic he ever did was give away his scarf to someone who was cold. 

I second this

• Like 3

On 15/04/2016 at 11:34 PM, Vega said:

Speaking of Disney/Pixar movies, I always see Merida from Brave as aro. The whole conflict is her not wanting to get married. 

Granted, you can say it's just because she's too young and not interested in any of the potential suitors etc. but I choose to see her as fundamentally uninterested in romance. 

Totally, Like she doesn't want to get married ever, she says so

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hadn't really thought about a lot of the characters mentioned. actually I don't even recognise some of them 

On 28/06/2017 at 6:53 PM, SamwiseLovesLife said:

Light Yurigama from Deathnote (Just started watching it so I don't know about later on)

I would agree with this. Most of the relationships he has are more like friendly-ish colleague type ones if I remember rightly (It has been a while since I read or watched it) 

Glad to see Dean Winchester hasn't changed as the seasons progressed! I only watched til season 2 but he was definitely my favourite. 

I agree with everyone that Sherlock is ace/aro and so I avoid the fanfics because shipping fanfics are everywhere and always tend to turn sexual or romantic. 

I'm going to have to watch my favourite movies and shows again with new eyes. But there is one I can mention now, it is my most treasured headcannon: 28 Days Later is (the best in my opinion) non romantic love story. The movie is all about human connection and love under hardship (and infected rage non-zombies). Jim is aro, Selena is aro (and possibly romance repulsed), Hannah is aro! Everyone is aro! *throws glitter* 

And the kiss is explained as an 'I am so glad you are still alive and my life is much less in danger' platonic emotional outpouring.

I almost kinda think Newt Scamader is demiromantic or something.....

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2016 at 2:02 AM, arotrash said:

I always very strongly headcanoned Harry Potter as aromantic

i think he could be gray or demi.  but my all-time favourite hc is luna lovegood as aro/ace.  i don't even think it requires explanation.

• Like 1