Thoughts on kissing?

I have never done it I want to try it someday if I have a partner that is open to it. I think I would enjoy closed mouth kissing but the thought of French kissing makes me disgusted. Overall it will not make or break my relationship as long as we can hold hands, cuddle, and the emotional closeness and devotion is there.

• Like 4

Bleh all around.  I hate it no matter the overtone.  A friendly peck on the lips, sure.  Anything beyond that...no just no.

• Like 2

Eugh, just the thought of kissing on the lips grosses me out to no end. My overactive imagination definitely doesn't help with the visualising of it, all I can think about is all the saliva and germs.

• Like 2

I've only had chaste kisses, just romantic or friendly pecks. They're nice, have always wanted something more though. Seems like it would be fun in a sexual context.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, despite lacking romantic attraction completely I like it, even in a non-sexual context. 

It has been a while since I kissed someone, but I do remember it feeling good. I'm a very affectionate person overall and tbh I don't think I would mind kissing my friends passionately, though only when I can be certain enough they don't catch feelings or at least understand my aromanticism, otherwise hell nah, I don't wanna ruin perfectly good friendships. 

Funnily enough I believe my aromanticism makes me MORE willing to do romance-connotated things because they just don't really have any special meaning to me. I would technically not mind kissing, having sex, cuddling, etc. with friends. 

• Like 5

I love open mouth kissing with someone who's good at it.

A follow up question: anyone who's aroallo and don't enjoy that kissing? Because I associate it with sex rather than romance but I'm curious if some find it romantic.

• Like 2

I enjoy the sensation of physical closeness to a person I am comfortable with, though I believe it is not the actual skin contact that I like about it. Just being very close face-to-face would also be nice. I do not have any romantic or sexual associations with it, only some kind of fondness and appreciation. I would definitely enjoy to sometimes kiss my (closer) friends, but most people are not up to it because they consider it romantic or think that it leads to sex. 🙄

About open mouth kissing, I am fine with it, although it does not give me anything more than closed mouth kissing. I would just prefer not to involve too much tongue. 😅

• Like 2

Fuck no! I absolutely hate the idea and will never attempt it!

On 1/5/2024 at 2:37 PM, alto said:

A friendly peck on the lips

Hell, even this is too much. (The thought of someone else's lips touching mine isn't a pleasant thought for me, to say the least.)

• Like 2

I genuinely don't know how I feel about in-person kissing? Whenever I see couples kiss in front of me, or I accidentally happen to see it, my brain short circuits and I kind of end up thinking, "Why did I need to see that? Why did you make my ears hear that?" so... it sometimes bothers me a lot? But then, there's times where I'm not so bothered by it? And I think the context of when I'm not bothered by it is when people I know do with it their partners - who I may or may not also know. I like kissing in fiction! Some aspec people don't, and much respect, for me based on the context of a pointless romance, I often hate it when two people start randomly fucking kissing, but usually if two or more characters are already together then I don't mind it, or if the romance is written right (or my version of "right"); or if two or more characters are most likely going to end up together romantically, then I actually kind of root for the romantic stuff between those characters and don't hate it when they kiss. Now kissing for myself? I'm on the fence about it, because I'm more than likely going to shut down a situation of someone wanting to kiss me, but under a very rare circumstance where I know and trust the person, and they understand my identity well as an allo, or are aro-spec themself, and so know my boundaries and wanted to share a simple kiss then maybe I would possibly think about remotely considering it.

I am rather romance favorable in regards to fiction most of the time, so sometimes I do like seeing characters romantically together, and I even ship characters together romantically a bit more than queerplatonically, but I would so love a mainstream QPR relationship in a popular show. Like, I don't know, make another Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson show, but they're in a QPR??

Edited by The Newest Fabled Creature
  • Like 1

It depends on the overtone.

For french kissing, I don't get much out of this sensory experience. I do it, because it's expected. Overall, I don't understand why people value it so much.

Spoiler

I know, it must seem extremely strange for most people to have sex without any mouth kissing. But for me this is 100 % normal, positive and without anything missing.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:52 PM, Holmbo said:

A follow up question: anyone who's aroallo and don't enjoy that kissing? Because I associate it with sex rather than romance but I'm curious if some find it romantic.

I partly associate it with romance, since open-mouth kissing is done for its own sake.

In my teens, there were all those student couples that smooched around at 7:30 A.M., 1 meter outside the schoolyard (it was banned on school grounds). I just found that weird.

Over time, I associated open mouth kissing more with sex, and softened my attitude towards it.

• Like 1

Kissing is quite nice although I don't get why people get the tongue involved. For me it is a just a sensual experience mainly and kinda overrides the context. Don't know if I would be ok kissing a stranger since most of the time I am sensually attracted to them it is fairly specific rather than general as it is with friends.

• Like 1

I'm fine with it (depending on the person though) as long as it's not sexual. Like kisses on cheeks/the forehead are okay, but anything beyond that is a huge no for me.

• Like 1