S.A.G.E Gender Test

aussiekirkland

S.A.G.E Gender Test  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know, I feel kind of cheated now I know there's a 'Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young' note. I swear that I gave it the right answers to get that too! :P

As a nonbinary, autistic, homeschooled, aro-ace who doesn't drive or subscribe to gender stereotypes it did surprisingly well I guess, it was completely wrong when it told me I was a trans man, but it was close when it said I was closest to androginy, particularly in my thinking, and that my thinking hasn't changed much from  childhood. It does seem very binary, stereotypical and sexualised. It also cut me out from some of the correct answers by making them unessecarily sexist phrases like 'women's work' and 'real man' made me cringe so much

• Like 3

Uhhh....

Your Raw Score is: 300, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Masculine

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Female.

ANALYSIS:
Female to Male possible Transsexual 

:facepalm:

Your Raw Score is: -360, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Androgynous

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Male person.

ANALYSIS:

Uhm... ok? Sure.... 

a lot of you said it already, but boy is this test loaded with stereotypes and culture-bias. I was also dyslexic as a child and I happen to not own a car... and even if I could own one, most just aren't practical on European roads... what do you need an SUV on a smooth highway for?! And just don't get me started on the body type/measurements section.... that was so...Just nope :facepalm:

Does it even have a "you're perfectly ok with the way you are" option as an analysis, if your results are nonbinary? 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well that was... interesting. The questions involving clicking on pictures didn't work for me, so I skipped those. Some of the others were also nonsensical or just non-applicable to my life... but the overall result seems pretty accurate...

I didn't like how the test seemed to be working from the assumption that I'm somehow unhappy with myself the way I am. I  just never really cared if people thought I was acting or dressing male or whatever. I just pick clothing and things according to whatever makes the most sense to me personally... I don't believe "cross-dressing" is even a valid concept... if it fits, and it's comfortable... wear it! Bonus if you like the way it looks, if such things matter to you. :P

Your Raw Score is: -300, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

ANALYSIS:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did the thing! Here's what I got:

6FTop9q.jpg

Other than the obvious big red writing, I found the test to be completely dismissive of asexuality and didn't give any places to opt out of questions that were still relevant but there wasn't an option for me. I also found the idea that gender roles can inform identity as silly, especially given what the test used to indicate those roles - cars and fashion.

• Like 3

I took this test quite some time ago while I was still questioning my gender. I'm pretty sure I landed somewhere in the neutral territory, but it had said that I was likely an FtM either already transitioning or actively seeking transition. Of course, that wasn't what got me to come out to myself as trans, especially because I assumed that it only said that because of how dysphoric I was (and still am) about my chest. They can be interesting, but obviously, it's not going to really end the questioning process for most people. (If I remember correctly, some of the questions in there only exist to exhaust the test-taker so they're less likely to answer specifically to get a certain result, which is actually kind of an interesting design of the test, but that means that it's hard to tell which questions are actually getting factored in or not to tell you how it determines the results based on your answers.)

• 3 months later...

This was weird. Lots of sexist things, and for some questions, I couldn't agree with any of the answers. Things were worded oddly, too. Some, didn't seem to matter with the subject. I just was curious what the results would be, even though I'm a cis woman. Ended up being androgenous, appearance is female, apparently am ftm, have had mild conflicts with my gender identity, and crossdress. Interesting, but a whole lot of nope. Although, I have to say, some days I'm really into feminine things like makeup, certain clothes, jewelry, etc. Other days, I could really care less. Like, have zero interest. So, I guess I might swing a bit on that. But, certainly not into stuff that would be considered masculine. I've been misgendered in the past, and it felt so wrong. Not a great thing. 

• Like 1

Spoiler
Your Raw Score is: 480, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Female person.

ANALYSIS:
Female to Male Crossdresser
NOTES:

• Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.
  • You are in a statistical minority as a bisexual crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the binary nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Male gender role.

UUH..

Why is it important to know which way is North when you're in a new town or wherever? I find road signs a heck of a lot more useful than knowing which direction I'm facing... And why was there no 'straight into the recycling' option for the lingerie catalogue like there was for the tools catalogue? Cos that's what I'd do with it lol

Spoiler

Your Raw Score is: -330, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

You believe you have normal doubts about your gender identity.

ANALYSIS:
NOTES:

Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

Nope. I'm very definitely female and staying that way (though I don't care if anyone does somehow mistake me for a man, and if I got offered the chance to magically turn into a guy for a while, then return to being myself, I'd take it).

• Like 2

Spoiler

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: -505, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

You appear to socialize in a masculine manner.

You indicated you were born Female.

ANALYSIS:

Female to Male Transsexual, who is a serious candidate for Gender Reassignment Surgery

NOTES:

• Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.

I dislike that a knowledge of classic comics is necessary.

Driving questions... I don't own a car, drove a few times last year with car sharing. They have Ford Fiestas there, what applies to this extremely common car?

• A sports car
  • A pickup truck
  • A four door sedan
  • A Sport Utility Vehicle
  • A Minivan

okay... nothing, right?

Also this:

• You don't even know what is under the hood of a car.

What does this mean? That you aren't so sure if not little papos work under the hood?

And then this question:

40. You have a dream you are aroused and have a very large erection:

• WAY HEY! What a great dream!
  • Just thinking about having an erection arouses you.
  • It's just a dream, and dreams don't men anything.
  • You would find that odd or confusing.
  • You would be disturbed by it. You? An erection? Not likely!

That's a funny question, too:

59. If you had to do the following problem in your head: 14 x 3-17 +52

• You wouldn't be sure of the answer
  • You could figure it out with some mental gymnastics
  • It's not too difficult, it's simple math.
  • That's not hard at all.
  • Easy! You calculated the answer almost immediately.

If we assume that the answers always go from typically male to female, it is seemingly typically female to be good at mental calculations. I somehow missed this stereotype...

Also the test is far too long, seriously. Now my results:

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: -510, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Quite Masculine

You believe you have normal doubts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:
Normal doubts/curiosities about life as the opposite sex, but you generally accept your physical sex and gender identity.
NOTES:

• [none]

I think it's correct. Though regarding appearance, I don't have a masculine face. Only my body is stereotypically masculine. But because of this I never came close to be mistaken for a woman, even at the time when I was walking around with very long hair and cleanly shaved face.

My Overview of My Results:

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: -550, which indicates that overall you are Masculine

You appear to socialize in a masculine manner.

You believe you have major conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated you are physically Intersexed to some degree.

ANALYSIS:

Since you indicated you were born with an Intersex condition, it is likely that this has caused you some degree of gender conflict because society in general is not accepting or understanding of gender ambiguity. Since it is difficult to live in a purely androgynous gender role, please check the most appropriate analysis below.

NOTES:

• Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.

ANALYSIS AS Male:

Male to Female Crossdresser

NOTES:

• Your answers indicate you have altered your physical appearance to look like the opposite sex.
  • You are in a statistical minority as a anallophilic crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the undirected nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Female gender role.

ANALYSIS AS Female:

Female to Male Transsexual, either post-operative or in transition

NOTES:

[ CLOSE WINDOW ]

My results are alright, Im not bothered by them, they seem about right.
It's a fun-ish test if you don't take it seriously.
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Question #14 can't be answered because it has no option for not shaving anywhere.

Question #65 asks about your favorite 'monkey' and then lists gorilla, orangutan (which they spelt oragutang?), chimpanzee and lemur, none of which are monkeys! 

Question #91 - wtf is anallophilic? They only define it much later. Apparently it's another word for ace? 

Question #92 has no option for me - I never feel attracted to people, and if I suddenly did, I'd be too freaked out to do any of those options. (Instead, I'd probably just act uncomfortable, and then at the next soonest opportunity talk to my mom and analyze what was going on.)

Question #117 I have absolutely no clue what animal someone else would associate with me.   

Final results:

Your Raw Score is: 315, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Feminine

ANALYSIS:
Female to Male Crossdresser 
NOTES:

• You are in a statistical minority as a anallophilic crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the undirected nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Male gender role.

A lot more accurate than I expected given the ridiculous and flawed questions.

And by the way, my motivation for 'crossdressing' is a) comfort, b) not wanting to be sexually attractive, c) wanting stuff that actually fits, and d) wanting better quality clothing.

• Like 2

Seems kinda accurate. Questions seem very old fashioned. Also not updated to DSM V...

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: -445, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Masculine

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:
Male to Female Crossdresser 
NOTES:

• You are in a statistical minority as a anallophilic crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the undirected nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Female gender role.

• 1 month later...

Some of the questions for me I couldn't really answer because I am asexual, so whenever it talked about arousal, I raised an eyebrow, and the couple of times it asked for sexuality, I just went for the neutral option because I'm not sexually attracted to anyone, or any objects. These were my results:

Your Raw Score is: 425, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Masculine (Didn't think so but okay.)

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person. (Sounds about right I guess.)

You appear to socialize in a feminine manner. (I think my friends and family would agree.)

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity. (Only a little bit.)

ANALYSIS:
Female to Male Crossdresser (What on earth is that supposed to mean?)
NOTES:

• Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young. (Yes, I used to be rather feminine and believed all the stereotypes and now I'm like females, whatever. At least I still liked cool things like Star Wars when I was younger.)
  • You are in a statistical minority as a anallophilic crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the undirected nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Male gender role. (Pfft. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I guess that's what happens when you don't really care how you dress, think dressing like a guy would be fun, and there are no asexual options. No doubt the whole sexual arousal thing influenced my score a little bit. I wonder if my results would've been different otherwise?)
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...