closeted pride

one good thing that comes from noone knowing we exist is that i can do whatever i want to show pride when closeted and noone would even think anyhting of it

like, they dont know we exist, let alone our flag/colors

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

My therapist knew about the aro flag, as she asked about my aro pride pin in one of our sessions. But yeah, most people just think I like the colors or something.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Trebela Fortissimo said:

My phone screen is literally the gradient of the aro and no one in my family has figured it out yet

same i did mine as ace colors cuz i like purple more and noone has thought anything of it?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 10:42 PM, Trebela Fortissimo said:

My phone screen is literally the gradient of the aro and no one in my family has figured it out yet

Sameeeee, my background is literally balls with the aro flag colors. Family wise, not a single one has any idea that I am aro. Friend wise, they deduced it once I told them that I was aro, cuz they know I am sneaky showing things. I am amazed that so very people actually suspect about pride colors, given that it is not thaaaat hard to look into the internet. Maybe it is because they go nop-nop and actively choose to ignore it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Us having the aro flag as a lock screen seems really common! I'll make sure to think about all the other sneaky aros out there the next time I look at my phone.

Another thing, that's both good and bad, is that we technically don't have to lie about anything. I can say that I'm not in a relationship and that I don't want one, and no one draws the conclusion that I'm aro. It can be pretty nice to not be questioned all the time, so I guess invisibility is a super power as well as a curse.

• Like 4

Since everyone's talking about the colours, I'm only guessing this site isn't grey. Aros seem to be more stuck on the colour than anyone else, and it just *has* to be the one I have the most trouble with and that makes me feel pretty rotten. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, Blake said:

Sameeeee, my background is literally balls with the aro flag colors. Family wise, not a single one has any idea that I am aro. Friend wise, they deduced it once I told them that I was aro, cuz they know I am sneaky showing things. I am amazed that so very people actually suspect about pride colors, given that it is not thaaaat hard to look into the internet. Maybe it is because they go nop-nop and actively choose to ignore it.

I think most allos just don’t think about it, or don’t think about allyship, unless its brought up to them. Kinda weird, but I get it in a vague sense?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My closeted pride had been mainly just creating stuff online. Now that I hear about how almost nobody reconizes the aro flag, I will see if I can put it on my phone case as well. 

For now though, I will just keep on making word clouds, going on aro tumblr blogs. and dressing up in the colors of the aro flag on valentines day (and of course nobody notices.)

I love how everyone sneakily shows their pride!

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 2.36.35 PM (1).png

• Like 1

I made pins out of shrink plastic- one of bubble tea in the aro pride flag colors, green, lighter green, white, and grey near the black tapioca pearls (no one has noticed at all, and I'm glad, as I can just keep it to myself as a little symbol of pride). Another one I made was in queerplatonic flag colors, a slushie-looking drink with whipped cream and a pink cherry, with yellow pink and white as the main colors, with grey near the dark chocolate drizzle at the bottom. They're really small and not that recognizable but I think they're cute and have shown them off to some of the few friends I'm out to. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/28/2020 at 4:10 AM, Guest - aro? said:

I made pins out of shrink plastic- one of bubble tea in the aro pride flag colors, green, lighter green, white, and grey near the black tapioca pearls (no one has noticed at all, and I'm glad, as I can just keep it to myself as a little symbol of pride). Another one I made was in queerplatonic flag colors, a slushie-looking drink with whipped cream and a pink cherry, with yellow pink and white as the main colors, with grey near the dark chocolate drizzle at the bottom. They're really small and not that recognizable but I think they're cute and have shown them off to some of the few friends I'm out to. 

Dark chocolate 😍
I have never had boba tea, and have been wanting to try some for a while!

On 12/27/2020 at 3:00 PM, Bluebird said:

My closeted pride had been mainly just creating stuff online. Now that I hear about how almost nobody reconizes the aro flag, I will see if I can put it on my phone case as well. 

For now though, I will just keep on making word clouds, going on aro tumblr blogs. and dressing up in the colors of the aro flag on valentines day (and of course nobody notices.)

I love how everyone sneakily shows their pride!

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 2.36.35 PM (1).png

I LOVE those banners

My lock screen is the aro flag and my home screen is a planet in the aroace flag colors.I wear bracelets with the colors of the flags and the keychains on my bag match.My computer background is the aroace flag.Other people have noticed but never said anything until I did. otherwise I'm surprised no one has questioned it honestly.

When I go to conventions and such usually one or two people notice the aro colors. It's not super common, but nerd/geek culture is apparently queer enough that nerds/geeks know more about LGBTQIA stuff than does the general public.

Oh. I have also had people at work notice my ace colors. Twice, anyway. Doesn't happen often. Another time someone asked me what my ace pin meant.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 7:54 AM, chairdesklamp said:

Since everyone's talking about the colours, I'm only guessing this site isn't grey. Aros seem to be more stuck on the colour than anyone else, and it just *has* to be the one I have the most trouble with and that makes me feel pretty rotten. 

The background for the text is grey but headings have a green background and there's green and gray colors at the top.

Maybe we should add an arrow to the aro pride flag. Would that help you?

Edited by Holmbo
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, GiveMeCake said:

one good thing that comes from noone knowing we exist is that i can do whatever i want to show pride when closeted and noone would even think anyhting of it

like, they dont know we exist, let alone our flag/colors

Believe me if I was able to I’d wear a white ring on my left middle finger and a black ring on my right middle finger just to make a subtle hint to others if they know what that is. :D