closeted pride

8 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Ah yes. I can show my pride and most people wouldn't even care, nor get it.

Yeah, I’d love to do that but I just don’t really know if I can manage to get a white and black ring with out my parents being suspicious of it. I’ve never shown an interest in jewelry so they’d want to know what the heck is going on.

59 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Yeah, I’d love to do that but I just don’t really know if I can manage to get a white and black ring with out my parents being suspicious of it. I’ve never shown an interest in jewelry so they’d want to know what the heck is going on.

My first ring was a white one for the aroness, but I added loads of others in a few months and no one knew what was going on. When I think about it, no one ever noticed the fact that I had a black and white ring for aroace anyway.

I also have queer, non binary and aro flag on my bag. No one talks to me about it, but I've had one person asking what the 2 flags were, and another person thought that the green standed for ecology...

My family still thinks that my bracelets (again, flag colors) were just colors that I liked.

I have an aro/non binary lock screen but most people don't notice it since I always open my phone with the finger print

33 minutes ago, Atypique said:

My first ring was a white one for the aroness, but I added loads of others in a few months and no one knew what was going on. When I think about it, no one ever noticed the fact that I had a black and white ring for aroace anyway.

I also have queer, non binary and aro flag on my bag. No one talks to me about it, but I've had one person asking what the 2 flags were, and another person thought that the green standed for ecology...

My family still thinks that my bracelets (again, flag colors) were just colors that I liked.

I have an aro/non binary lock screen but most people don't notice it since I always open my phone with the finger print

I doubt my parents would be as oblivious, I dropped a lot of hints that I don’t want dating or anything, they responded relatively negatively but not in a bad way like they’d hate me for it. I would get one but it’d have to be unnoticed. I do have an aroace fractal flag as my Lock Screen, there’s no way they’d notice. :D

Edited by HelloThere
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Aro Mando Echo said:

I have a beaded bracelet that has both the aro colors and ace colors, and my family hasn't suspected a thing. I also have a "special drawer" where I keep my art that has queer themes or colors lol

Oh yeah, I’m making aroace art and hiding it in my school binder or somewhere in my room. You know, subtle things that won’t be a big deal to them unless they really investigated. When I get my own car I’m gonna go to Walmart at some point and buy a black and white ring to wear in my middle fingers. And if I decide to come out I’ll probably either do so with a serious conversation or by slowly making it more and more obvious.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:42 PM, ScarfOfSexualPreference said:

My phone screen is literally the gradient of the aro and no one in my family has figured it out yet

Same! I got the sunset aroace flag on my background and nobody noticed. The funny thing is that the blue, orange, and white are actually one of my favorite color groups so that’s ironic. XD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 9:17 PM, Kate Bishop best arrowace said:

Someone: What are your favorite colors

Me: Green and Purple

My parents are really great about my gender stuff but I get the feeling from when I explained ace (in a very This is Other People way) that they won't be very happy 

That's the situation I'm in. My parents and siblings already know about my sexuality and gender identity and are fine with it, but I haven't told all of them, except for my brother, about my aromanticism.

14 hours ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

That's the situation I'm in. My parents and siblings already know about my sexuality and gender identity and are fine with it, but I haven't told all of them, except for my brother, about my aromanticism.

I doubt they'd have big issues with that, after all gender is where people tend to lose their cool because it just sounds so made up to them. Something with cold hard facts and analysis like aromanticism wouldn't be too hard for them to be ok with if you ask me. Though I may be wrong but I just see being aromantic as something that takes a lot of thought to be sure about and the signs are rather clear.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

I've been wanting to get a white ring sooo bad

For the meantime, I could try to find aesthetically pleasing aro wallpapers. I like the whole entire "retro" shit, hence my pfp for this forum itself.

Oh my gosh yes I’d love a ring, and a black one as well. Like literally the only reason I’m interested in driving is so I could get some cash, go to Walmart, and buy a black and white ring for myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

Oh my gosh yes I’d love a ring, and a black one as well. Like literally the only reason I’m interested in driving is so I could get some cash, go to Walmart, and buy a black and white ring for myself.

Yeah, I'm gonna get a job soon, and would like to spend it at least on a white ring, and maybe a chest binder; that's it really, for miscellaneous stuff.

50 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

Yeah, I'm gonna get a job soon, and would like to spend it at least on a white ring, and maybe a chest binder; that's it really, for miscellaneous stuff.

I mean if I had the money I’d get aroace pride stuff (mostly for the sunset flag because I just love the color scheme of it), and probably not much else. I mean that’s really all I want, just some cool crap and not much else. XD

• Like 1