Highly Sensitive People (HSP) Test

SoulWolf

Did you get 14 or more?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went into this test with a preconceived idea of what it was about. I was wrong. I thought I would get a rather low score. Nope! I got 14. I thought this would be about emotional sensitivty, of which I would score very low.

This may partly explain my eating issues...

19. I can relate to so much of these questions. Bright lights, loud noises and lots of stuff generally going on just makes me shut down. I really can't do a lot of stuff at once and I'm not good under pressure. One thing I really hate hearing is anybody vaccuming; it just really rattles me for some reason.

But I'm not gonna buy their book :P 

I scored 19. Noises are by far the worst for me. I have to carry earplugs with me in case it gets too overwhelming. :S And I definitely startle easily. You can startle me even when I'm standing right in front of your and we're having a conversation. It's all very bothersome .__. People find my sensitivities ridiculous. I wish I could prove to them that I'm not exaggerating any of it

I got 24 O.o. Don't worry, I don't let it affect my work ;) . But, yeah I had read about it before and taken a similar test, so I pretty much knew the outcome. My oldest sister is the same, maybe even worse actually.

I scored 16... Not that surprised, as a child I was ALWAYS crying but I would never know why. Now I only cry because of movies and music and art, the rest of the time I just get reaaaaaally upset especially with specific noises (mouth noises of any kind are the WORSTS! and dishes knocking...). I sometimes have to change room to calm down during dinner when other people are making too much noises while eating. Also I get easily annoyed by people and get overly upset if they talk to me when I'm not in the mood.

I scored 18. Well, admittedly, that was more than I was expecting.

Long story short, I jump and freak out at too many things... (edit) and my family likes to make fun of me for it.

17. I'm highly sensitive to touch in particular. I tend to freak out and get major anxiety/paranoia upon being touched without my consent. Nothing traumatic caused this either, so I'm guessing it's just pretty bad social anxiety.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

17 for me. I know the worst offenders to me are light, smells (especially artificial ones) and certain pitches of noise. But part of that is also chronic migraines,soooo.

I also need recharge time after most social activities. 

On 12 September 2016 at 1:51 PM, LunarSeas said:

17 for me. I know the worst offenders to me are light, smells (especially artificial ones) and certain pitches of noise. But part of that is also chronic migraines,soooo.

I also need recharge time after most social activities. 

I'm much the same. I'm super sensitive to light, smell and certain noises. At first I get irritated and if it's bad I get a headache. It's physically painful for me to go outside without sunglasses on, regardless of the weather.

I got 23, and while I knew I'd get over 14 I wasn't expecting it to be quite so high. It's not so much an emotional sensitivity as it is a direct emotional response to physical sensitivity. I react to most stimulus and with some of the things I mentioned above it can be mentally exhausting for me to spend too much time around a lot of people. I tried to talk to my doctor about it once and he looked at me like I was crazy :(

Is this the sort of thing I should be looking into? Even if it's just for coping mechanisms? I think it may even be linked to my mental health at this point.

I scored an 18 which makes sense to me since I have Asperger's which affects a lot of this. I paradoxically enjoy music (even really loud and abrasive music!) but if someone startles me I need to take a minute or two just to calm down before I can say anything. 

Additionally, violent TV/movies can siginficantly fuck me up because whenever someone dies I can't help but think "oh wow they had a family that loved them and their entire life just led up to that one moment.". It can get pretty uncomfortable.

3 hours ago, aussiekirkland said:

I'm much the same. I'm super sensitive to light, smell and certain noises. At first I get irritated and if it's bad I get a headache. It's physically painful for me to go outside without sunglasses on, regardless of the weather.

I got 23, and while I knew I'd get over 14 I wasn't expecting it to be quite so high. It's not so much an emotional sensitivity as it is a direct emotional response to physical sensitivity. I react to most stimulus and with some of the things I mentioned above it can be mentally exhausting for me to spend too much time around a lot of people. I tried to talk to my doctor about it once and he looked at me like I was crazy :(

Is this the sort of thing I should be looking into? Even if it's just for coping mechanisms? I think it may even be linked to my mental health at this point.

I hate it when people, especially those we pay to help us, don't even entertain the possibility that people might have experiences that are different from there own. If it turns out you need support, I hope you find it. 

Archived