Ideal living situation.

Mark

Ideal living arrangement  

221 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With at least one other person who I got on really well with and was a close friend or maybe a closely knit small group.  I think I'd also like to have/adopt a child one day, so I guess them, and if someone I was close friends with/living with wanted to commit to coparenting that would be awesome :) This does seem like a totally unrealistic dream though especially as I get older as I'm at that stage where most people I know in real life have or are pairing off!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

There are modern spaces where you only share certain communal areas the rest is yours I think rather than standard sharing.

I wouldn't want to house share again haha  because of the things involved in that unless maybe just with one other person or ppl that I knew very well.

More likely probably I would get my own place. 

• Like 1

I would like to live with another person. As someone with sensory issues and anxiety, living with more than one person really doesn’t appeal to me. 

Though, I would definitely like the opportunity to live without any other people- even if only temporarily. I want to know what it’s like to completely own a space. To take up all that space without even thinking, without worry or fear. But cats are always welcome in the equation, no matter what my living arrangements may be.

• Like 4

I think the easiest way to describe it is alone but not in isolation. Everything else is secondary. I just want a small, truly private space to myself that I have complete agency over--with easy access to at least some outdoor space--with an actual community around me where I don't have to drive or spend money just to spend time with people I care about and can rely on people and have people rely on me in turn.

Unfortunately, with the way things are going in my area, I'll consider myself lucky if I can just share a reasonable space with a reasonable amount of roommates I get along well with in a location that leaves me with commutes that average less than 2 hours.

• Like 4

I don't have a preference. I could share a sleeping space with someone, I could be in a separate sleeping space from them. I could be with one partner, I could be with multiple partners, I could be with people who aren't my partner but still live with me anyway.

i've actually given this plenty of thought.  i basically live alone (at my cottage--my parents are mostly back at the house) and it's great.  i've definitely imagined myself living alone for most of my life.  but i would also love to live with my best friend at some point.  she's actually looking for an apartment and invited me to live with her and i sadly had to decline because i can't pass up living rent-free.  but sometime.  not necessarily opposed to living with more than one person but i can't imagine who they'd be.  i used to have an apartment with my friend in university, which was fun at times but more often i would have preferred to have it to myself.  i have mixed feelings about living with a sexual partner, like a fwb.  there's the obvious advantage of, you know, convenience, but normally when i have them over i do a full-on cleaning/beautification of myself and the house, whereas when i'm alone i like to be messy and just not worry about anything.  this isn't as much of a problem with friends--i don't need to impress them. ?  but no matter what, i need to have my own bedroom.  i also like to travel a lot and want to spend time (whether a few days or a few years) in many different places; i hate the idea of being confined to one place for long (/routine/lack of freedom in general), so i'm certainly not thinking about a permanent living situation. 

• Like 4

Ok ideally with no practical constraints I want a giant castle on a cloud. Hundreds of servants to cater to my every whim and the ability to flung lightming bolts down at the poor suckers on the ground. I'll hold big aro only parties every weekend and keep a beautiful pet griffon

Or maybe I just have a small terrace to myself. I guess that would be fine.

• Like 1

Ideally, I wanna live with a close friend and split rent. Maybe as a QPR, but just regular friendship would also be fine. I have some phobias that make living alone difficult for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd prefer around 2 roommates(3 adults one apartment/different rooms) so we can split the rent and hopefully become close friends because I am guilty of often not reaching out to people regularly to sustain a friendship in real life. Setting a date, dressing up and spending money just to meet them is very bothersome to me so I'd prefer if I could be close friends with my roommates.

• Like 1

I wanna live in a house in the woods with my QPP, brother nick, my other aro spec siblings near my age and other aros that want to join. makeing and giving out garlic bread, wearing green hats/headbands/other green head things (style of our choice) and growing plants because as @Arsenic said even in a forest there is never enough green :D

Edited by Jackson_Glass
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jackson_Glass said:

I wanna live in a house in the woods with my QPP, brother nick, my other aro spec siblings near my age and other aros that want to join. makeing and giving out garlic bread, wearing green hats/headbands/other gree head things (style of our choice) and growing plants because as @Arsenic said even in a forest there is never enough green :D

YASSSSS, THAT'S IT!

• Like 1

I want to live with a QPP (maybe plural) and  be gay and snuggle in bed and go to work (or not) and come home to a dog and there is so much hope but unfortunately…

Aros are scarce :(

Maybe living in one of the most influential cities might help that tho XD

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I know this was posted 3 years ago, but I'd wanna live alone with a pet dog as I struggle with mental health issues and a dog would be nice. No partner though...just me myself and a doggo and friends that live near.

• Like 1