Ideal living situation.

Mark

Ideal living arrangement  

221 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 3:37 AM, aro_elise said:

but i would also love to live with my best friend at some point.  she's actually looking for an apartment and invited me to live with her and i sadly had to decline because i can't pass up living rent-free.  but sometime.

update: we got an apartment!  changed my mind, i really miss the city and i want to live with her and decided it was worth the extortionate amount of money.  our move-in date is august 16th and we're so happy.

• Like 3

So, this is an interesting one. Short version is with one other person not sharing bed/sleeping space.

potential warnings for mental health

Spoiler

The long answer is I am a massive introvert and so "As the only adult" is generally the most appealling. However, depression is a bitch. I have found that not interacting with friends in person for more than about month is detremental to my health. I know myself well enough now to recognise the signs for the most part, and I am able to arrange to meet someone in person, but living alone would still not be good for me. Living with someone gives me a reason to interact with someone in person. If that person is a good friend, they also understand that I am introverted, and that I am generally happy to be alone, and give me the space I need.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I recently bought a house in Dubai through the company https://everhomes.ae/off-plan/apartments-for-sale/ . I can safely recommend them as they provide excellent service and a wide range of properties in different areas of the city. Also, they have very attractive prices and flexible payment terms. They provide different types of real estate and have an excellent reputation in the Dubai real estate market.

Edited by Alexxx

Despite my introvertism, I'd like to live with someone one day, like my bestfriend for example, because I hate being alone (or at least I think I do?? I'm not sure. It depends on the day, I think). We'd have a nice flat, but not a big one, two cats (one of them MUST be ginger - don't ask me why... I don't know either) and maybe even a dog!!! 

But I'm a really indecisive person, so it might change in the future.

Ideally, I'd like to live alone. I could never relax as much as I want/need to when there's another person in the house. I'd like to be able to choose when I talk to people, and not feel obligated to talk to them all the time. Unfortunately, I have some health conditions where it might be better to have someone there in case I needed help, so I've never really seriously explored the option of living alone. Also rent is hella expensive. 

At the very least, I'd need a separate sleeping space. Also a dog would be nice. (I'm allergic to cats 😢)

• 4 weeks later...

I chose "something else" because my ideal living space for being homebody is for a big ole household to be filled with people I trust, and who wouldn't tear it up, and it would be somewhere kind of countryside but close to a city so we could have something to do if we ever went traveling.

Speaking of traveling, I'd also like a traveling family (blood and chosen) where we do lot's of shit together.

13 minutes ago, The Newest Fabled Creature said:

I chose "something else" because my ideal living space for being homebody is for a big ole household to be filled with people I trust, and who wouldn't tear it up, and it would be somewhere kind of countryside but close to a city so we could have something to do if we ever went traveling.

Speaking of traveling, I'd also like a traveling family (blood and chosen) where we do lot's of shit together.

That sounds cool! My ideal relationship is probably either a qpr or loads of close friends, or perhaps both? I really just want to sorta enjoy life with friends and just do whatever bull crap comes to mind. :D

• Like 1