Our Favourite Aromantic Songs

Crush Culture by Conan Gray 

"

I don't care if I'm forever alone
I'm not falling for you
'Cause this baby is loveproof (culture)
I don't care what you're sayin'
I don't wanna participate in your game of manipulation (crush)
And no, I don't want your sympathy, all this love is suffocating
Just let me be sad and lonely"

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I Am the Winter _ The Family Crest (reminds me of what it's like to let someone down who wanted to date me, very pretty melody too)

Love Song _ Sara Bareilles (very sassy, I've loved this one ever since I heard it on the radio as a kid lol)

Crush Culture _ Conan Gray (watch the music video for this one omg it's so cathartic)

The One _ Jukebox the Ghost (doesn't fit perfectly but I feel like it speaks to the anxiety of dealing with someone who's attracted to you)

Best Friend _ Rex Orange County (trying to convince someone to stay platonic with you, I guess)

Good Friend _ Cloud Cult (a nice reminder of the goodness of love between friends :) )   

• Like 4

Does Every breath you take from the Police count? A lot of people see this as a love song But in fact he wrote it thinkig about a fan who was obsessed with him and stalked him. So I like to see this as a song that denounces how crazy people are about their shi (and I Wonder how people can think this is a love song because it is so unhealthy).

Also For Good from the Musical Wicked. A song about how friendship helps you grow.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Most of owl city’s songs you can add with the exemption of deer in the headlights be brave and a couple others sunburn is technically a breakup song but it’s so happy and fun and burried in layers of metifors  that I didn’t realize until my 2 or 3 listen 

so ya owl city pretty cool band if your aro

On 5/28/2019 at 9:59 AM, nonmerci said:

Does Every breath you take from the Police count? A lot of people see this as a love song But in fact he wrote it thinkig about a fan who was obsessed with him and stalked him. So I like to see this as a song that denounces how crazy people are about their shi (and I Wonder how people can think this is a love song because it is so unhealthy).

Also For Good from the Musical Wicked. A song about how friendship helps you grow.

OMG THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH 

IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOVE SONG

BUT THESE ARE STALKERS LYRICS 

HE CANT OF WROTE THIS AS A LOVE SONG

thank you for resolving my Cognitive dissonance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, IntrspctvAzlin said:

Oh!! I know I’m two years late, but I think “This Is Home” and “Just Add Water” by Cavetown would do since they both have aromantic vibes! 

Heck yeah! Plus Robbie (Cavetown) is arospec! ♥

• Like 3

My favorite would probably be All I Really Want to Do by Bob Dylan.

"I ain't lookin to block you up

Shock or knock or lock you up

Analyze you, categorize you 

Finalize you or advertise you

All I really wanna do

Is, baby, be friends with you"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No Lover by Jetty Bones resonates a lot.

It can be taken alloromantically, but "limelight, limelight / You'll get it when the time's right / It's my life, my life, but romance takes the spotlight" uh, pretty straight forward if you ask me.

• 4 months later...

i haven’t read through all the replies, HOWEVER, i don’t think Moses Sumney, an Aromantic artist, was ever mentioned. Sumney has a whole album entitled Aromanticism & it’s the only album i’ve ever truly resonated w, i think u all should give it a listen.

220px-Aromanticism_Moses_Sumney.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Aro-Allo love song:
"I want you, I need you,
But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you!
Now don't feel sad,
'cause two out of three ain't bad" - Meatloaf

Cheers to Marina and the Diamonds, who has a lot of songs themed with romance ruining your life and being true to yourself -- resonates with us Aros.

But the biggest Aromantic lyrics of all time has to be "What is love?  Baby don't hurt me, no more."

(sorry if it is now stuck in your head)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...