How do you show aro pride?

So I have an lgbtq friend that uses shoelace colors to show pride, which I thought was interesting. So now I’m curious to know how other people show they are aro- I know about the white ring, but are there other ways you guys show aro pride?

Edited by DreamSeeker

I’ve got a bit of fabric stitched with the aroace flag colours (orange, white, blue) in my phone case (it’s clear). It’s nice bc it’s small and subtle since not many people recognise the flag so it feels like a lil nod to other aroaces. 

• Like 3

I show pride through my phone's wallpaper screen! I also show pride through blasting my aro playlist every once and a while in the house. But I think I show pride simply through existing as well, like every other queer person does. I don't really talk about romance, but about cryptids and fandoms I'm a part of, and I often try to educate my family and friends through how romantic relationships are considered the pinnacle of happiness, and how that's extremely toxic even for alloromantics.

• Like 6

On 12/11/2023 at 10:44 AM, The Aro Mando Echo said:

I have a small bracelet with the beads colored the aroace flag

I used to have one like that (it was the orange and blue version of the flag) but then it eventually broke.

I've got a few aro badges and bracelets chilling in my room, along with two aro-coloured crochet donuts my mum made for me. There's also a sticker on my door of four frogs sitting on top of eachother coloured like the aro flag (which my best friend got for me).

• Like 2

by openly dunking on romance every chance i get /hj

in all seriousness i don't have any pride merch or anything atm but i plan on buying a white ring as a subtle display of pride. i'd buy one of those big flags for my wall too but i don't have enough space thanks to my poster collection lmao.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently bought a white thin banded ring, and an arrow-shaped ring (the pronunciation of "aro" sounding a lot like "arrow" lol). I think I'll wear both on my middle left finger!

Edited by Raininspring

• 2 months later...

I'm not out so I tend to wear bracelts that I make with purple and green becuase I'm aroace and then if anyone asks what it is I say football team/school etc but if they specifically ask about aroace then I tell them

I have a mood ring that doesn't really work so that's my black ring, but I don't have a white one unfortunately

I had a black ace ring I wore for a few years, but unfortunately my hands somehow grew like 4 ring sizes and it no longer fits. I've been thinking about getting a green tungsten ring (as I just don't care for the aesthetics of white rings--especially on my own skin tone--and I think green rings are cooler and fit the symbolism of the flag better) but they're somewhat pricey and between lifting pretty frequently and getting back into martial arts I worry about outgrowing it again. I don't really have any other pride stuff aside from the D20s I've lined up in a vague approximation of the aro and ace flag because it just organically happened that I have green, purple, white and steel dice, but I am in the market for either an aro flag pin or a patch to throw on my bomber jacket!