Anyone else happy not to be in a relationship?

Relationships are often portrayed as the peak of life, and being out of a relationship is something you come to terms with until you can change matters. Me, I really like being single. Does anyone else feel like being single is their way of living their best life?

• Like 10

Oh yes, being single is definitely the best way to live for me. And you/we are not alone: Solo - The Single Person's Guide to a Remarkable Life by Dr. Peter McGraw is a podcast that has a whole following called the ‘Solo community.’

• Like 5

9 hours ago, hemogoblin said:

Ime relationships are awful and draining. I like getting to just do what I want on my time. What a relief.

what's an lme relationship

I kind of want a QPR with a close friend, but he's out of reach. I don't really need a romantic relationship. I'm fine being single, but I do wish I could have someone to spend my time with every day, like a best friend.

• Like 1

I used to be neutral, but then I saw some AVEN posts about how hard mixed relationships are.  A thought popped into my head that basically went, "I'm so glad I don't do this anymore."

• Like 3

No romantic relationships or QPRs for me. Hell, sometimes even having regular friends can be draining. When I'm at home, getting chores done, exercising, studying a foreign language, watching various things on YouTube, etc., and I do it alone, to me, that's the real definition of freedom.

• Like 5

On 4/21/2023 at 9:02 AM, Nix said:

Oh yes, being single is definitely the best way to live for me. And you/we are not alone: Solo - The Single Person's Guide to a Remarkable Life by Dr. Peter McGraw is a podcast that has a whole following called the ‘Solo community.’

I really like that podcast. I identify more as a solo than I do aromantic, since it's about the choice rather than the attraction. The podcast also has some very interesting content that is useful to life overall. For example the episode about emotional intelligence was very enlightening for me.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 11:18 PM, Picklethewickle said:

Relationships are often portrayed as the peak of life, and being out of a relationship is something you come to terms with until you can change matters. Me, I really like being single. Does anyone else feel like being single is their way of living their best life?

Well romantically yeah, I’m fine. I’m only 15 and I know I don’t want to live alone, maybe just a qpr with a friend who has the same occupation as me when the time comes. :D

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

I always hear my friends talking about different relationships or breakups or other stuff and I'm really glad I'm not involved in that at all.

Oh, same. I keep hearing about drama in school and I’m just gonna do my best to be the guy sitting in the background acing tests and enjoying life. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very much happy being single! It's the only "relationship" status of mine that I can still see myself being happy in, in the far future!

On 4/21/2023 at 11:08 PM, GoodbyeRepublicServices said:

No romantic relationships or QPRs for me. Hell, sometimes even having regular friends can be draining.

This is how I feel most of the time, too.

• Like 1

I'm a very private person in many ways. I've always viewed romance pessimistically but the idea of being very close to someone and being vulnerable around them also seems utterly unappealing to me. I don't one to be someone's One person they are closer to than anyone and the responsibility that comes with this (I'm aware poly relationships exist but I assime the dynamic here is very different and varied). A close friendship is much more free than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheezmance said:

Also who needs needy humans when you can have cats?

Wise words!! Cats are one of the best creatures on Earth. I love them so much!!

Edited by Keith
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1