Anyone else happy not to be in a relationship?

Yes I’m glad to be single. I do want a qpp at some point (like a committed friend that I may or may not sleep with) so I have another person to pool resources with. Something practical.

• 4 months later...

I was in relationship and never more. I love being single. It's freedom. My life is just about me (and my cat). When I imagine me in a relationship again, I feel sick. Be with somebody? Have a common home with him? Have a pledge? Adapt to it? No thanks!😇

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Currently I'm just living day to day as I can, but I'm happy just being with my family and spending the time that I'm able with friends. I wish I could do more, but life happens, and that's okay. I feel fulfilled as I am now, and I don't really see how a romantic relationship can offer me any type of fulfillment presently nor in the future.

• Like 2

Of course! Being single allows me to do so much more with my life! I'm already quite busy with multiple things like drawing, college, hanging out with friends etc. that the thought of also worrying about crushes and romantic relationships just exhausts me.

9 hours ago, N1GHTM4R3 said:

Before i found out about the beautiful a-spec, i called myself 'Happy to be a Single Pringle'.

I think that says it all.

I also used to use the term "Single Pringle" a lot before I knew what Aromanticism was. I always just thought of it as a funny title for myself, I suppose I should've seen the fact that I never took issue with being a single pringle as a sign lol.

• Like 1

I'm glad to not be in a relationship. I don't know if I'll ever change my mind somewhere down the road in life. I actually have no prior romantic or sexual relationships so in a way I feel like a blank slate in not knowing if a committed relationship with someone is something I would want to try. In the hypothetical sense if I entertained the idea as a what-if, my ideal situation would be for the other person to be respectful of my boundaries and we could have good, mutual ongoing communication about the realistic things we could offer to each other without putting dumb expectations on one another.

Interesting.

When I was younger (context: i still identified as female back then), i had friends of all genders, and if they were a boy, and someone asked us if we were dating, I responded that we were 'Partners in Crime'. And that relationship title really fit, considering most of the time we were goofing off.

if we're talking strictly romantic relationships then yeah i'm happy as hell. i think the thing that bugs me the most about the thought of a relationship is that there's this pressure to be one person's everything and i just don't have the emotional capacity to take on that big a role for anyone. i love the freedom of simply being my own person without being shackled by someone else's wishes and expectations of me.

now if we're including platonic relationships in this, then i kinda swing back and forth. on one hand i kinda like not having any sort of partner as i'm an introvert who really values solitude, but on the other hand i do like the thought of having a partner in crime someday. in that vein whatever happens happens.

Yeah, pretty much. not that i hate romance or anything (I'm a sucker at watching fictional couples fall in love) but I haven't pictured myself in an IRL one at all. I'm quite content with having platonic friends my whole life. Sometimes (even now) I wonder if this sentiment will change (it hasn't yet) but whatever happens, I do intend to have a solidified group of friends

• Like 1

I saw a post that was joking like "always remember that the reason you're single is because you like Dragon Ball and if you didn't like Dragon Ball you could have whoever you want"
In similar jokey fashion, I reblogged with a "thank goodness! Dragon Ball fan for life!"

• Like 1