Aromantic Moments

A random feminist : saying lesbians are the best feminists because they will never been tied to a man.

Me : does that mean I am the ultimate feminist because I will never been romantically tied to everyone?

(I know the answer is "no")

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, nonmerci said:

I played a game, it asked the synonyme for "available". An accepted answer was "single".

The context being "available for what?"
There's even evidence that the majority of single people are not interested in being coupled anyway.

Would "married" being an acceptable answer of the basis that marriage people are "available for divorce".

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Why should everything be related to love life? Are people unable to have a life by themselves??? Am I the only one to wonder what's wrong with them? Or is it me who is too intolerant about it and annoyed of hearing about love, romance and relationship all the time ???‍♀️??‍♀️

4 hours ago, nonmerci said:

I played a game, it asked the synonyme for "available". An accepted answer was "single".

My reaction :

th?id=OIP.qpe6suT_GA7pg84ATh8__wHaLK&pid

• Like 3

On 10/30/2021 at 6:33 AM, nonmerci said:

My reaction :

th?id=OIP.qpe6suT_GA7pg84ATh8__wHaLK&pid

Just because you're single doesn't mean you're available.

• Like 3

I had the weirdest dream last night.  I woke up in my music teacher and his girlfriend's bed.  They were already awake.  The girlfriend cried out in dismay, "And it doesn't even purr!"

I am a cat therian, but still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

There is an island in Prague, the city where I'm living now, where a former friend of mine told me couples usually go for dates. For this reason, I call it the "love island" =)). I wanted to take some of my friends who came to Czechia last week there... but we ended up on another island, because I have mistaken it and then we were to lazy to go to the "island of love" ;))

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Recently a friend of mine has been venting quite a lot about whether he should spend Christmas with his girlfriend's family or her with his.

My thought is that they have been together for less than a year and that maybe they could take Christmas as family time without needing to be together. That thought is going to stay with me though because gods help me if I say that out loud.

• Like 1

Im with my family at the moment and we were watching one of the old star treks we were wondering why on earth it was on what was called the horror channel

Then the episode starts with Scotty falling in love, saying:

When a man of Scotty's years falls in love, the loneliness of his life is suddenly revealed to him. His whole heart once throbbed only to the ship's engines. He could talk only to the ship. Now he can see nothing but the woman.

I said to my brother, I think I've worked out why this is on the horror channel

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

We were talking about marriage with someone so I began explaining I am aroace. I just said "asexual", she immediately ask of I was asexual, aromantic or both.

It is good to be able to talk about it without explaining what the terms mean.

• Like 6

For the New Year, I've visited my friends who are 4 hours away (and basically in another country ;))). All of them are women and were complaining how hard is to live with men in romantic and sexual relationships (most of them hetero, just one person bi, but hasn't tried to be with a woman yet). At the same time, they were complaining how they can't imagine life living without a man and without being in a romantic relationship and that they have to try harder to be happy, so they have to try harder for these relationships... then, the one who I am closest to from them, says: except *my name*, they feel good the way they are and don't need a man in their life. I was happy to see myself acknowledged (at that moment I was out only to her as aro and ace), and felt a little bit sad for them ;))) (but then didn't have the courage to confront them why they think they have to be in a relationship to be happy or that there are other types of relationships they could try, as my mind was totally trying to get out of the conversation until my friend acknowledged me, so one minus too ?

Then I was watching this movie. At some point two guys were getting married, and there was a long queue at the person who was officiating them. This person, an older lady, took a break at some point and one of the main characters (he wasn't the one getting married) asked her a bunch of questions about relationships and stuff. And then, seeing a wedding ring, asks her for how long has she been married. She answers the ring is fake, because you don't see a fat trainer in a gym, right? And that she has never been married.

Edited by Georgi
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

when I was a kid I was sitting with my (now dead) aunt at a wedding and she turned to me pointed to a boy and said 'he looks cute' and I looked here dead in the eyes 'no he's ugly' I feel bad for saying that about him we ended up being pretty good friends. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

A few years ago I worked in a store for cooking supplies that sometimes served as a stopping point for a tour that involved solving puzzles. One day some guy came in to deliver a package that was to be used for this tour. I thanked him and put it aside. He said ‘Here is my number, if your boss has any questions he can call me.’ I said ‘Cool, I’ll let him know.’ Then he said ‘But you are also welcome to call me any time!’ And I was like ‘Uhm ok? That will not be happening since I don’t work on the same days as the tour.’ And he looked very sad suddely, said ‘Oh ok.’ And left really quickly. My colleague came over and said ‘omg Nicole, that was so rude! That poor guy!’ And I just. Had no idea what had just happened. She had to explain he was flirting and I felt kind of bad after that :-/

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

In class a while ago, a student brought up the subject of crushes and asked people who came to mind when they mentioned it. Everyone immediately started blushing and talking, and I just sat there like... Wait. Everyone in this room has a crush? Crushes are like... a part of everyday life? 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

So I literally just had this conversation:

Friend: I honestly prefer none romantic dates, theres less pressure.

Me: Um... Theres pressure on dates? >.>

Freind: It's an unconscious pressure. like one or both people have to make it as romantic as possible.

So yeah, apparently people feel pressure on dates to make it romantic? News to me.

• Like 3

So a guy texted me after class one day something along the lines of "I liked what you said in the debate today. You looked very cute." And I was figuring out a way of expressing that I didn't want to be called cute without sounding like an asshole. So I went with something that I thought was casual and funny "Thanks, but I really just want to inspire fear in the hearts of my enemies 😈

The guy kept complimenting me and eventually asked me out. I declined. I had no clue where he'd gotten the idea that I was interested in any way. I talked about it with my friends. And they said that it was because I'd used this 😈 emoji.

Apparently using the smiling devil emoji means you're flirting?! Like what?? I knew that some emojis had double meanings like that but this one seemed so weird, because I loved using that emoji. I was just left wondering how many other people thought I was flirting because of that emoji.

I just wanted to be funny and text in peace 😭

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1