Jump to content

Aromantic Moments


Recommended Posts

In a show :

B : why are you smiling ?

A (depressive but in love) : nothing... Life is cool.

Me (watching the show): love really can create strange things.

my father : that's what it's like. You'll feel that onee day

Me : ...........

my father : Well I hope for you that you will 

me : ......... I don't want to.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Atypique said:

Wait is that an actual conv you got with someone ?? How can someone confess like that ???

yes. my homie was just really nervous and confused so its not a big deal but we got off well. were still bestfriends

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 9:05 PM, DeltaAro said:

It's the fear that this is going to be permanent.

He hopes that frankness and laughter will break through (totally assumed) "self-denial".

Of course this is completely inappropriate and counterproductive to say to an aro (and also to an alloromantic person who struggles to find a partner).

yeah you might be right about that. I've never been in a relationship and also never dated anyone seriously, I think he really is scared that I'll never find someone haha. Or maybe he just can't imagine how people can permanently be happy without beeing in a relationship...

Edited by Milenea
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Not understanding why my friends..date

I guess it seems cool but meh not for me

 

And feeling (pretty much every other type of) attraction, but thinking it's romantic attraction when in reality it's probably not

Edited by alien
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spending time with a friend. Being shipped by another friend who is supposed to know you're aromantic. 

 

There are actually plenty of cishet people that just immediately ignore the fact you're aromantic even if you've explained it to them months ago ?? That's freaking tiring.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OoOh just remembered an aro moment!!

I used to forget that having a crush is wanting to be in a romantic relationship with someone specific

 I would find my 'crushes' aesthetically attractive, just thinking that they are cute/ cool etc

I would just watch from a safe distance admiring them

So one day I kinda overheard some people talking about their crushes and they were talking about how their crushes aren't reciprocated and how they wanted to be in a romantic relationship with them

 

And my brain just stopped for a full 5 seconds trying to process that

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To this day people think Every Breath You Take is a love song. They play it at weddings for Christ sake! It isn't. It's a song about obsessiveness.

“I think it’s a nasty little song, really rather evil. It’s about jealousy and surveillance and ownership,” Sting, 1983

I guess that tells you what love is all about?

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AromanticAardvark said:

Having your whole friend group made up of like 60% aces, and yet being the only aro

 

Odd how things like that work out lol

Oooh yeah, I know a lot of aces but no actual aro in my relatives, that's true and kinda sad...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AromanticAardvark said:

Having your whole friend group made up of like 60% aces, and yet being the only aro

 

Odd how things like that work out lol

i know one ace and one aroace

nice that you have many ace friends though

my mother gave me a rundown of her love life recently when i hinted at my 'not feeling romantic love' stuff. it was horrible 0/10 would not recommend

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

That just reminded me of a similar experience I had in elementary school. All the other kids kept insisting that me and my best friend were a couple. And I absolutely hated that. Once, I got so fed up with the teasing that I just made up a crush right on the spot. I shouted "I don't like x, I like y!" in front of the whole classroom. Right after I realized with horror that I'd just announced I had a crush in front of everyone. Crap, crap, crap

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never understood the thing with crushes/fake crushes. Like... People never asked me if I had one ?? It happened a bit in high school, but people where mature enough to understand what a no is

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh same, the closest thing I think I've had is my whole summer camp deciding a friend and I were dating... despite the fact that he was ace, and I was pretty out about being aro lesbian. We ended up pretending we had been third cousins all along, so they couldn't ship us anymore

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AromanticAardvark said:

We ended up pretending we had been third cousins all along, so they couldn't ship us anymore

omg that's genius! wish younger me would've thought of that 😂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2022 at 11:12 PM, Whirl said:

That just reminded me of a similar experience I had in elementary school. All the other kids kept insisting that me and my best friend were a couple. And I absolutely hated that. Once, I got so fed up with the teasing that I just made up a crush right on the spot. I shouted "I don't like x, I like y!" in front of the whole classroom. Right after I realized with horror that I'd just announced I had a crush in front of everyone. Crap, crap, crap

hehe reminds me of an experience i had

i remember going a new school and i was shipped with a boy that i didn't even want to be friends with platonically for the (one) year i was there

they shipped us in a joking way and i was like "ew wtf" the whole time

like they'd be like "oooooh [A User] and [classmate] are such a couple!" and i always interject like "omg what the fuck" but it was always the other boys doing that (not the girls, they were actually mediocre people)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

loving the friendship between two characters but then gets confused when the fandom ships the pair. i never get why they want to apply romance onto all the pretty bestfriends so bad. whats stopping you from enjoying their friendship that you have to make it romantic? they already have the dynamics and stuff. no need to change the type of relationship they have now

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2022 at 7:46 AM, sevan said:

loving the friendship between two characters but then gets confused when the fandom ships the pair. i never get why they want to apply romance onto all the pretty bestfriends so bad. whats stopping you from enjoying their friendship that you have to make it romantic? they already have the dynamics and stuff. no need to change the type of relationship they have now

Oh I remember when I was so mad that two friends in a tv show get together cause I felt like it was the end of their relationship. When I discover I was aro, it made a lot of sense why I felt this way. For all the fandom it was the begining of something new they wanted to see, for me it was the end of something I already considered "ideal".

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nonmerci said:

Oh I remember when I was so mad that two friends in a tv show get together cause I felt like it was the end of their relationship. When I discover I was aro, it made a lot of sense why I felt this way. For all the fandom it was the begining of something new they wanted to see, for me it was the end of something I already considered "ideal".

bro put my thoughts into words

when friends advance into a romantic relationship theyre no longer friends me thinks. thats my logic

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Almost everyone at my school is basically talking about crushes, romo relationships, who likes who romantically, who got in a relationship with who, dating etc whenever they get the chance

Like what happened to y'all

Its so weird cause everybody is suddenly interested in these things

Or was I just not paying attention to anyone

Edited by alien
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...