Aromantic Moments

In a show :

B : why are you smiling ?

A (depressive but in love) : nothing... Life is cool.

Me (watching the show): love really can create strange things.

my father : that's what it's like. You'll feel that onee day

Me : ...........

my father : Well I hope for you that you will 

me : ......... I don't want to.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Atypique said:

Wait is that an actual conv you got with someone ?? How can someone confess like that ???

yes. my homie was just really nervous and confused so its not a big deal but we got off well. were still bestfriends

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 9:05 PM, DeltaAro said:

It's the fear that this is going to be permanent.

He hopes that frankness and laughter will break through (totally assumed) "self-denial".

Of course this is completely inappropriate and counterproductive to say to an aro (and also to an alloromantic person who struggles to find a partner).

yeah you might be right about that. I've never been in a relationship and also never dated anyone seriously, I think he really is scared that I'll never find someone haha. Or maybe he just can't imagine how people can permanently be happy without beeing in a relationship...

Edited by Milenea
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not understanding why my friends..date

I guess it seems cool but meh not for me

And feeling (pretty much every other type of) attraction, but thinking it's romantic attraction when in reality it's probably not

Edited by alien
  • Like 2

Spending time with a friend. Being shipped by another friend who is supposed to know you're aromantic. 

There are actually plenty of cishet people that just immediately ignore the fact you're aromantic even if you've explained it to them months ago ?? That's freaking tiring.

• Like 2

OoOh just remembered an aro moment!!

I used to forget that having a crush is wanting to be in a romantic relationship with someone specific

I would find my 'crushes' aesthetically attractive, just thinking that they are cute/ cool etc

I would just watch from a safe distance admiring them

So one day I kinda overheard some people talking about their crushes and they were talking about how their crushes aren't reciprocated and how they wanted to be in a romantic relationship with them

And my brain just stopped for a full 5 seconds trying to process that

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AromanticAardvark said:

Having your whole friend group made up of like 60% aces, and yet being the only aro

Odd how things like that work out lol

Oooh yeah, I know a lot of aces but no actual aro in my relatives, that's true and kinda sad...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AromanticAardvark said:

Having your whole friend group made up of like 60% aces, and yet being the only aro

Odd how things like that work out lol

i know one ace and one aroace

nice that you have many ace friends though

my mother gave me a rundown of her love life recently when i hinted at my 'not feeling romantic love' stuff. it was horrible 0/10 would not recommend

• Sad 1