Aromantic Moments

Aunt: Sooo, do you still have no boyfriend?
Me: Nope, I'm happy single
My Dad: Haha, yeah, that's what she tries to tell herself
Me: No, seriously, I'm happy single
My Dad: Hahahaha, yeeeah, sure
Me: (ノ°益°)ノ

• Angry 11

5 hours ago, Milenea said:

What is he thinking? Let us pretend for a moment that he is right (he's not) and that you are just putting on a brave face for your aunt. Why would he then say 'haha no she is super unhappy and depressed, isn't that funny?' That is just being nasty >:(

• Like 7

On 7/25/2022 at 7:03 PM, Nix said:

What is he thinking? Let us pretend for a moment that he is right (he's not) and that you are just putting on a brave face for your aunt. Why would he then say 'haha no she is super unhappy and depressed, isn't that funny?' That is just being nasty >:(

It's the fear that this is going to be permanent.

He hopes that frankness and laughter will break through (totally assumed) "self-denial".

Of course this is completely inappropriate and counterproductive to say to an aro (and also to an alloromantic person who struggles to find a partner).

Edited by DeltaV
  • Like 7

On 7/25/2022 at 6:29 AM, Milenea said:

My theory about people who do that is that they are projecting their own fear of loneliness. Or worse yet, that they remain in a relationship they don't want out of fear either of loneliness, or of rejection when they "get back out there."

• Like 6

I remember this one time, many years ago, when I was 11; I was at school, and during recess some of my friends were talking. I wasn't really part of the conversation as such, but I was sitting more or less next to them, and I probably joined in with the occasional remark. At some point, one of my friends took out his phone and started showing everyone pictures of his "girlfriend". I was quite puzzled. I thought we were WAY too young to have girlfriends, but no one else seemed surprised. On the contrary, all my other friends started nodding and saying things like, "lucky you", or "she's pretty". I couldn't think of anything to say, so I asked him why he had a girlfriend. I don't think he understood the question. "Like... Why would you have a girlfriend?", I continued. "What do you mean?", he asked. "Like... Why aren't you just friends? And why have one girlfriend and not multiple? What do you two even do together that make you more than friends? Why bother? None of it makes sense", I responded (There was probably a bit more back and forth, and I might not have been to precise in my wording back then). Everyone looked at me. He started explaining, "A girlfriend is like... Someone you care for. Someone you stick to. Someone who is especially important to you. You do everything not to lose her". It still didn't make any sense to me. I honestly thought he was being a bit silly; surly no one ACTUALLY felt like that! I mean, sure, that's how they talk about it in the movies, but come on! People don't REALLY feel like that... Do they? After I kept on not understanding anything (and after one of the other boys had tried to explain it to me by saying exactly the same), he eventually gave up, concluding, "It will make sense when you get a bit older. Soon, you will want a girlfriend as well". 

And how wrong he was! 

Now, almost a decade later, I have never even kissed a girl (or a guy), and trust me, I've had MANY opportunities. 

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

I do not think my friends even know that being aro/ace is a thing. I go to a small catholic school, so they do not teach us about LGBTQIA+. And now a boy in my class has a crush on me and it is incredibly annoying and awkward. Everyone ships us, And I did not even know what shiping was until a couple weeks ago! I thought they were actually talking about ships that go on the water.

• Like 9

Don't worry, it's normal not to know about ships. Knowing and shipping people is the abnormal. 

You should tell them you don't like him if that makes you uncomfortable.

Also, I feel the thing with not being taught anything about LGBTQIA+ at all (at school or by parents...) cause I have always been in a public school and the subject has never been mentioned AT ALL (even just homosexuality)

• Like 5

When someone asks for ideas for a story in order to make cute couple moments between the 2 main characters but you can only give things about this 3rd character who's really badass and a lot more interesting 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2022 at 7:18 AM, Atypique said:

That actually makes me think of game of thrones (I haven't seen the beginning of house of the dragons yet)

I'm really dissapointed house of the dragon is a fantasy game of thrones sort of thing. I want a chill comedy kind of like what we do in the shadows but about a bunch of dragons 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, roboticanary said:

I'm really dissapointed house of the dragon is a fantasy game of thrones sort of thing. I want a chill comedy kind of like what we do in the shadows but about a bunch of dragons 

Oh yes please I would drop everything to watch that

• Like 1

My university's free wifi blocks aven but not Arocalypse. Seems like I can only be aro in the end...

I was looking for the true meaning of lmao and first thing that came to my mind was "love makes art odd"

....Is that a sign ?

Edited by Atypique
  • Like 6

There’s this game I really like called Slime Rancher.  It’s mostly just about farming cute slime aliens in space, but there’s also sort of a love story element  in the form of letters Bea (the character you play as) receives from their friend/partner Casey back on earth.  Casey sent the letters while Bea was asleep in hyperspace, and there’s a lot of reminiscing on fond memories and talking about missing Bea.  While I was playing through the game, my take on the letters was, “Aw, I love this, it’s so sweet!  They’re such good friends.  There should be more of this sort of close friendship in media!” Then I finished the game and went digging around for more lore online and discovered that apparently everyone else just assumed that they were dating…. (well it’s technically never specified in the game that their relationship is romantic but that’s the general consensus of the fan base .  I still prefer my queerplatonic headcanon).

• Like 7

In my 18 i had a relationship (more like forced on) and we were befriended with a other and those both are really happy and i was like wait? This is how it should be? Cause i didn't feel the same way so i broke up and some friends of mine was like "oh you have now heartache" me no 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, sevan said:

completely ignoring the possibility that it might be a romantic one since confession means simply coming clean about something in general to you 

image.png.b3cd24d80a5183352de4d019e224873e.png

image.png.330113c0459ce73d95999901f122d361.png

Screenshot_2022-09-19_at_9.07.43_AM.png

Wait is that an actual conv you got with someone ?? How can someone confess like that ???

5 hours ago, 96Neko said:

In my 18 i had a relationship (more like forced on) and we were befriended with a other and those both are really happy and i was like wait? This is how it should be? Cause i didn't feel the same way so i broke up and some friends of mine was like "oh you have now heartache" me no 

How can you have heartache when  you're literally the one breaking up BECAUSE you're not in love

• Like 2

In a show :

B : why are you smiling ?

A (depressive but in love) : nothing... Life is cool.

Me (watching the show): love really can create strange things.

my father : that's what it's like. You'll feel that onee day

Me : ...........

my father : Well I hope for you that you will 

me : ......... I don't want to.

• Like 4

On 7/25/2022 at 9:05 PM, DeltaAro said:

It's the fear that this is going to be permanent.

He hopes that frankness and laughter will break through (totally assumed) "self-denial".

Of course this is completely inappropriate and counterproductive to say to an aro (and also to an alloromantic person who struggles to find a partner).

yeah you might be right about that. I've never been in a relationship and also never dated anyone seriously, I think he really is scared that I'll never find someone haha. Or maybe he just can't imagine how people can permanently be happy without beeing in a relationship...

Edited by Milenea
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not understanding why my friends..date

I guess it seems cool but meh not for me

And feeling (pretty much every other type of) attraction, but thinking it's romantic attraction when in reality it's probably not

Edited by alien
  • Like 4