Wish this forum was more active

Violet Stars

No one is around a lot of the time, there aren't any new posts, and if there are they're just people having fun with games. I honestly wish there was more discussion because it feels like there is barely any.

Edited by Violet Stars
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Violet Stars said:

No one is around a lot of the time, there aren't any new posts, and if there are they're just people having fun with games. I honestly wish there was more discussion because it feels like there is barely any.

Mmh, should I write more controversial posts again? ?

• Like 4

It tends to have periods of more activity then times when it's less active....but it's going to consistently be less active then other forms of social media just due to the forum format.  Many of the most active discussions have been like....debates over terminology and what stuff means....which can have a fair bit of conflict sometimes.  Can take inspiration for things to discuss here from other places, so from like posts on social media like tumblr relating to aro stuff, or perhaps looking at the monthly carnival of aros topic for inspiration of stuff to discuss, or maybe reading over some of AUREA's more recent articles for inspiration of things to discuss.  Also in general can talk about experiences, intersection of aromanticism with other identities, and topics related to activism.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2020 at 2:32 PM, Violet Stars said:

Hello! I'm here lurking... but I'm still learning to be active in online communities.

(Sort of constantly fighting with the anxiety regarding conflict and the potential to say something that's taken the wrong way and having people yell at me, if that makes any sense? Or of "I don't know what to say that would be productive or helpful, so I'll just be quiet and observe the dialogue in process")

• Like 3

Yeah I usually check in weekly rather than coming everyday, cause I know there's not gonna be much new. 

I feel though that people are good at responding to posts, I rarely see one empty, but not many posts their own. 

Maybe if we write what kind of posts we're interested in everyone will feel inspired to post more. What kind of posts do you must often respond to  @Violet Stars

• Like 3

i'm always glad to talk about my experiences and feelings, tbh i could just answer questions like an interview.  or like a narcissist ?

i'll make a post of my own if something inspires the idea.  if you guys have ideas, by all means, post away.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2020 at 10:06 PM, Neon Green Packing Peanut said:

I have a general want to talk about aromanticism, but I can't think of specifics so I kind of just read through forums

I a lot of the more active "just chatting" content has moved to the official inofficial arocalypse discord by @Zema, as forums are great for conserving searchable content and having longform discussions, but don't really work well for normal conversations. If you (or anybody else) want the invite link, just send me a private message.

7 hours ago, Momo said:

If anyone wants to join the Discord, the link is already available on the forum post:

Ok, sorry, I didn't know there was a correct link in that thread now.

• 4 weeks later...

I do much the same on AVEN, I just spend more time goofing-off than contributing anything on topic. Here I just don't feel taking part as much (most threads don't really apply to me either) and there're only a few slow-going game threads.

• Like 1

@GhostyPeppers Hey there. I use some subreddits related to aromanticism and make friends that way. That's where I go when I want more friends to chat with.

I'd quote you directly but I forgot to do that when I originally wrote this post

Edited by MulticulturalFarmer
added words
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 4:50 PM, GhostyPeppers said:

Unrelated: are there any good aro-spec discord servers?

There's this server which is quite active (if you haven't found it yet):

There's also arodynamics, I can send you the invite link if you want it

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I'm getting the same feeling, this place will never be that active but there do seem to be a lot more comments turning up over the last couple of months. I am also seeing a fair few guest questions which I remember being pretty rare last year.

• Like 2