#LittleAroThings

peridotty

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2016 at 11:24 AM, Zemaddog said:

When you find a new artist and you're listening to one of their albums and it's really great but then the one song that has singing is super heteronormative and it ruins the entire album for you :/.

This would be a #littlearothings if not for the fact that it could happen to anyone who isn't straight. I had nowhere else to put it so I'm putting it here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bo Burnham and "Lower Your Expectations" seems like a perfect example. However, I try to believe that Bo is making a decision to parody heternormative style, because he has addressed non-straight people in his shows.

On 21/6/2016 at 8:48 PM, Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion said:

When your role-models are all robots or aliens #littleAroThings #DataIsSoAwesome #SpockIsGreatToo #12thDoctorTakeMeWithYou

...I think I love you right now xD

Oh wait x'D ahahahahaaha 

When your family have given up on the "who do like?" comments because you've answered it as 'no-one' enough times they realise their efforts are wasted #littlearothings

When you try to keep yourself open to the possibility of HRT/transition affecting your orientations, yet 5.5 months in, they haven't changed at all and your gut keeps telling you that you'd be aro-ace even if you were cis-male 

9 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

When you try to keep yourself open to the possibility of HRT/transition affecting your orientations, yet 5.5 months in, they haven't changed at all and your gut keeps telling you that you'd be aro-ace even if you were cis-male 

I bet everyone who tried to tell you transitioning would "fix" you is going to be so dissapointed haha

Or if no one said that then that's great

I can't be the only one who gets really annoyed when people refer to allowing same sex couples to marry, "marriage equality". Allowing same sex couples to marry does not make marriage equal. The only way for marriage to be equal is if it is abolished (or at least the legality of marriage be abolished). I guess this is just amatonormativity at its finest.

36 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

I can't be the only one who gets really annoyed when people refer to allowing same sex couples to marry, "marriage equality". Allowing same sex couples to marry does not make marriage equal.

Though it does make everyone equal in terms of amantonormative pressures and expectations.
Something I was able to identify way back when political campaigning for "gay marriage" first started.

37 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

The only way for marriage to be equal is if it is abolished (or at least the legality of marriage be abolished). I guess this is just amatonormativity at its finest.

Unless you want to use the definition of equality from Animal Farm...

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Unless you want to use the definition of equality from Animal Farm...

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Though it does make everyone equal in terms of amantonormative pressures and expectations.

This is true.

4 hours ago, aussiekirkland said:

I bet everyone who tried to tell you transitioning would "fix" you is going to be so dissapointed haha

Or if no one said that then that's great

Thankfully, nobody's ever said that. I joke a lot about Schrodinger's Closet in regards to my orientations, since I don't pretend to experience attraction, but I don't go out of my way to tell people. (Guess that counts as a #LittleAroThings, right?)

Coming out as trans did mean coming out about my orientations to maybe four more people so far, (two were my parents, who explicitly asked if I liked women, and two were fellow music students) and while I didn't use any labels, they all seemed to get it. The two that are closer to me in age knew the labels without my saying it, and one even heavily implied that he's basically a (possible aro) ace who married his exception. My mom seems to be the only one who asks me to "keep your mind open" in regards to relationships. I suspect that she's largely aro-ace herself, but married her exception, so that might be why she feels this way. 

I think the real fun is going to start once more people start assuming that I'm cis-male and take notice to my orientations. For some reason, I get premonitions about people asking me "does your dick even work?"

1 hour ago, Zemaddog said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

At the end of the book it was "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others". So an analogy would be "All people are equal, but some people (married) are more equal than others (unmarried)."

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2016 at 8:30 AM, 46odnetnin said:

Scrolling through LGBT+ boards and just not being able to relate to anything since the acronym seems to stop at T in most places :T

SO TRUE. PAINFULLY true.

17 hours ago, techno-trashcan said:

I wonder what kind of different world we'd live in if marriage (legally speaking) didn't exist?

Probably a very different world. Considering how many areas of law marriage touches on.

On 10/15/2016 at 8:05 AM, Mezzo Forte said:

Thankfully, nobody's ever said that. I joke a lot about Schrodinger's Closet in regards to my orientations, since I don't pretend to experience attraction, but I don't go out of my way to tell people. (Guess that counts as a #LittleAroThings, right?)

This definitely describes my experience as well. Though in terms of sexuality, I don't even know what I would come out as, as I am in some vague space between ace and pan.

• 2 weeks later...

When two friends of yours finally meet and exchange contact information and it's clear that they're not romantically interested in each other, and you're just kind of sitting there in between them tapping your fingers together like a supervillain and grinning deviously in the background like "Yessss, I am making friendships happen :evilgrin:"

Archived