#LittleAroThings

peridotty

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Pufflehugs04 said:

Loving your friends but not being able to tell anyone about it because it's "not real". When you get so used to the "when you get a girlfriend" comments that you can finally keep a straight face.

Was that pun intentional? or...

10 hours ago, Dodecahedron314 said:

Nine? Anyone? Anyone else for Nine? Because I'm just saying--Nine. No I haven't actually gotten to any other Doctors yet except for a couple of episodes with Ten a long time ago don't judge me Nine is just amazing and that's all there is to it

Trust me, once you get to ten, you will see why almost everybody's favourite is number ten. Eleven was also good, it's just that the writing quality dropped after Russell T. Davies left. I haven't seen much of twelve and only a few of the early doctors.

27 minutes ago, Zemaddog said:

Was that pun intentional? or...

Trust me, once you get to ten, you will see why almost everybody's favourite is number ten. Eleven was also good, it's just that the writing quality dropped after Russell T. Davies left. I haven't seen much of twelve and only a few of the early doctors.

Nah the pun was accidental. And yeah, the writing changed when Moffat took over: he's an excellent storyteller, but not the best showrunner. My favourite companions from the current series are Donna and Rory.

Donna because her relationship with the Doctor is platonic as opposed to romantic (as with Rose and Martha); and Rory because of just how committed (romantically or otherwise) he is to Amy.

Capaldi is great at The Doctor: he's more practical and less romantic than Ten or Eleven (though, if anything, Clara's character becomes annoying by the end of her tenure, especially as she just never leaves, not even after she's dead.

12 minutes ago, LunarSeas said:

I guess a little aro thing could be looking for platonic friendships in media and crying when you find them. :rofl:

What about looking for platonic friendships in media and crying when all you can find is romantic ones, or that platonic relationships between men and women invariably become romantic in the end :(

9 minutes ago, Dodgypotato said:

Donna's my favourite as well.

My life:

Reveal hidden contents

I JUST WANT A MATE!

That's my life too, not that people actually see me "like that". I'm not sure whether to be relieved that I don't have to deal with romantic advances, or disappointed that no one has ever tried (other than once when I was 14 - the "relationship" lasted a day because I didn't have the required feelings O.o). :(:) :facepalm:

On 15/09/2016 at 0:23 AM, DannyFenton123 said:

French homework assigned tonight is 'what 5 things would you like your sweetheart to be?'

Uh... nonexistent, unreal, mythical, null and void?

One of the problems with normativities is that they can crop up in the most unexpected of places.
With most people not even realising that there can be a problem here.

How about "La prémisse de la question n'est pas valide. Depuis, en tant qu'aromantic, je n'ai aucun intérêt à avoir ce type de partenaire."

6 hours ago, Mark said:

How about "La prémisse de la question n'est pas valide. Depuis, en tant qu'aromantic, je n'ai aucun intérêt à avoir ce type de partenaire."

Great idea! I'll use it next time (if I take a language in future, of course)! I hate how romance always pops up when you least expect it - especially if you're out with a female friend at dinner. Because friends go out together too! ¬¬

I got sniped at over fb for calling some non-sensical rant think piece irrelevant to my life. It was so horrible, lamenting that millennials don't want relationships, just cute things to post on social media about relationships, emotional stunting thru tech, bloo bloo, and...I want neither??? And he said something like, IT'S SO RELATABLE THO. And. Noooooo. >.>

At a recent family party, my cousin was talking about someone he was messaging online requesting bad pick up lines. Being a fan of corny puns, I suggested "I feel like a truck, because I'd like to pick you up", and my brother's wife commented that she never expected to hear me say a pickup line. And I really can't imagine myself saying one outside the context of a joke.

On 9/24/2016 at 8:37 PM, iridescent-apatosaurus said:

tfw there's an entire genre of books and music dedicated to something you've never experienced...

I feel like there's a comparison to science fiction / fantasy to be made here.

6 hours ago, EveryZig said:

At a recent family party, my cousin was talking about someone he was messaging online requesting bad pick up lines. Being a fan of corny puns, I suggested "I feel like a truck, because I'd like to pick you up", and my brother's wife commented that she never expected to hear me say a pickup line. And I really can't imagine myself saying one outside the context of a joke.

One of my friends has tested bad pick up lines on me. It's very entertaining :rofl:

7 hours ago, EveryZig said:

If i weren't so aro as to make flirtimg physically impossible for me, I would absolutely flirt exclusively in wordplay and terrible puns, liberally interspersed with science jokes.

3 hours ago, Dodecahedron314 said:

If i weren't so aro as to make flirtimg physically impossible for me, I would absolutely flirt exclusively in wordplay and terrible puns, liberally interspersed with science jokes.

That sounds like fun! If only I could... :evilgrin:

4 hours ago, aussiekirkland said:

One of my friends has tested bad pick up lines on me. It's very entertaining :rofl:

Do you have any examples? Share! Share! Share!

11 hours ago, EveryZig said:

I feel like there's a comparison to science fiction / fantasy to be made here.

Good idea. Though Sci-Fi as a genre is at least palatable for me, unlike creepy romance films. 

When you find a new artist and you're listening to one of their albums and it's really great but then the one song that has singing is super heteronormative and it ruins the entire album for you :/.

This would be a #littlearothings if not for the fact that it could happen to anyone who isn't straight. I had nowhere else to put it so I'm putting it here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Listening to romance-themed songs and imagining it as an action-packed ambiguous-ending edgy scenario in your head. If only I have the time and patience to learn how to animate in Source Filmmaker, I'd do it xD

Does that count as #littlearothings?

Archived