What made you happy today?

omitef

I was getting some lunch at the mall earlier today with my friend, and he was talking with someone on the phone. Some pigeons started gathering around us. One of them sort of hovered in front of my friend, so he put his arm up so that he didn't get hit in the face by its wings. Next moment, the pigeon decided to land on his arm. I told him to stay still so that I could get a photo. After I got a couple of photos, another pigeon decided to land on his arm. I definitely had to get a photo of him with two pigeons on his arm. It was one of the strangest occurrences, and we just couldn't stop laughing about it. I'm pretty sure my friend said that random people were taking photos of this event as well.

• Like 8

I've got this placement thing for the summer (with gravitational waves research) and today I went to meet the people I'll be working with and discussing a bit more about what I was doing. I was pretty nervous because I didn't know what they were gonna be like or what they were gonna ask me...

But it went really well!

They were all very friendly, gave me some ideas about what I'll be doing, it's going to be pretty casual (meaning I don't have to wear a dress which was honestly one of the biggest things I was worrying about) and they don't seem really strict on what hours I'm doing (good because of how far I'm travelling and the train times)

:D

• Like 2

I had a really fun art class today, have been really productive and had very interesting conversations with this old woman. I don't even care that I was stuck in holiday traffic for way too long.

• Like 2

Had a fun college event, just realized how many people I knew there. And I realized that everyone here is just as confused as I am even if it sometimes seems like I'm the only one who doesn't understand a certain subject.

• Like 1

Studied and then got some fast food with a fairly attractive classmate who is definitely physically one of my "types," but overall just had a mild, amusing time and enjoyed it platonically (even though, quite frankly, I was feasting on her with my eyes) knowing that there was no pressure at all (except for this horrible exam we both have to survive)! :D 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, comedyofaros said:

Studied and then got some fast food with a fairly attractive classmate who is definitely physically one of my "types," but overall just had a mild, amusing time and enjoyed it platonically (even though, quite frankly, I was feasting on her with my eyes) knowing that there was no pressure at all (except for this horrible exam we both have to survive)! :D 

Good luck with your exam :D

• Like 1

Ahhh today has been awesome!! I came out as NB to my crush, who is also my best friend, and she was totally cool with it! She started using my name/pronouns right away :D Also, I was brave enough to admit that I have a crush on her—she was super chill with that too, even though she doesn't reciprocate my feelings! It didn't ruin our friendship at all—just made it stronger :D

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got 2 outfits for $6. Bargainsssssssss! 3 books by an author I like, also for $6. More Bargainsssssssssssssss!

and I discovered some of the radishes I planted a couple of weeks ago are good to harvest now, and they haven't been attacked by snails!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is such a cute thread.

I'm going to add that I took my senior dog for a walk today and she was so happy to be out with me she started trotting along and trying to get me to chase her like she used to do when she was a puppy. It was so cute and it made me happy. Dogs are so pure. :arolove:

• Like 2