Aro Ring

Sadly not yet.

I thought about getting one, then I thought I should just make one.

That was about six months ago and I still  need to get my crafting brain focused on getting that done rather than the hundred other things I could be doing.

Oh well, this always happens and i'm sure I will get it done some day.

• Like 3

In the beginning I hesitated... both because I was feeling uncertain of my aro identity, but also because having a black ring on my right middle finger and a white one on my left middle finger would attract too much attention, especially as I don't wear jewelry in general... but then, I realized most of the pressure was coming from "what would people think", so I said screw it... and now i have 2 chunky rings on my middle fingers and feel proud ;))) 

Edited by Georgi
  • Like 2

I don't. I used to wear a small engagement ring on that finger because the community was still undecided on colour and placement. Then I stumbled upon a simple black ring I loved and started wearing the ace ring. Now I would only consider an aro ring if it would match the minimalist style and quality of my ace ring. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 12:00 AM, ilse said:

Sometimes I think about getting one but get nervous at the thought of being questioned about it, the left middle finger is quite an unusual placement for a ring ?

Is it? I wasn't much of a ring wearer up until this point, so I never thought to think about it. 

On 11/17/2021 at 7:06 AM, blueberrydragon said:

I do! I have a ring that is a circle of small, white flowers, which I love because it usually flies  under people's radar. :)

That sounds lovely

On 11/17/2021 at 10:54 AM, Georgi said:

In the beginning I hesitated... both because I was feeling uncertain of my aro identity, but also because having a black ring on my right middle finger and a white one on my left middle finger would attract too much attention, especially as I don't wear jewelry in general... but then, I realized most of the pressure was coming from "what would people thing", so I said screw it... and now i have 2 chunky rings on my middle fingers and feel proud ;))) 

It never crossed my mind that the placement might look odd. Either or, we love that for you. I honestly quite like havin' an aro and an ace ring because it makes me feel balanced  One ring for each hand, and the opposite colors really did it for me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I currently wear a black ace ring (despite the fact that I mostly ID as aro with my aceness being a footnote) because it's the more recognized of the two rings and because black rings just look plain awesome, but I have contemplated getting an aro ring. I'm thinking I'm gonna opt for some sort of green metallic ring though, as I've not been able to find any white rings I like the look of, and while black represents aceness on the ace flag, white stands aesthetic and platonic attraction on the aro flag, whereas green is for aromanticism. I was able to find a few with all the flag colors but those were just a touch too blatant for my tastes. Plus I feel like anyone who knows the black ring would be able to deduce the meaning of the green ring.

I have also contemplated trying to make my own white ring though, since I feel like with my mini painting skills I could successfully make a white ring that doesn't either look blank and underwhelming or garishly ornate and shiny.

• Like 3

I'd like to, but I haven't really seen any (probably because I haven't been looking *facepalm*). I've also thought about trying to get enough into metalcrafting that I could make an 'engagement' ring in aroace colours so I won't have to deal with getting asked out again but if its convincing enough I'll attract too much attention in my classes (most of my classmates are older/retired women and the atmosphere is pretty relaxed/friendly, so...)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I thought about it a little while ago but felt a bit self conscious about the idea of wearing a white ring but not a black one as I was just coming to terms with being aroallo 0_0

But now I'd probably be more open to it, sounds cute. I need to get myself one at some point.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 4:15 AM, ClearSkiesAhear said:

Not yet but the minute I see a not-super-expensive white ring you can be sure I’m buying it

Amazon has £5 ceramic white and black rings :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I recently 3d printed myself one with white PLA filament.  It’s actually surprisingly comfortable and I really love it.

I now also have 3 extra white rings that technically weren’t failures (we don’t talk about those ones) but weren’t quite good enough to call my final product. 

• Like 2

I wear one on my right hand. I'm not ace so the finger isn't "taken" by a black ring or anything. Also since it's my dominant hand I just prefer it there.

Bought it on wish and have had it since February 2021.

• 1 month later...

Not at the moment (i may or may not have accidentally managed to get black sharpie all over it), but I often do wear one.  Even if nobody recognizes it, it still makes me happy and that’s reason enough.

Edit: upon scrolling up a bit I realized I’ve actually replied to this post a few times throughout the year because I either mistook it for a new thread on the subject or just forgot.  Oops 

Edited by ClearSkiesAhear

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have one yet. I don't like rings so I'm not sure if I will wear it. However, I really want to somehow show that I'm aromantic in my daily life with a small symbol.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...