Interest in Google Meet Aromantic Socials

Just to let you know that I'm considering Sunday 10th January for the next meet, same time (7PM UK time), same link meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw

Would anyone like to suggest a topic for the meet - anything you would particularly like to discuss?

@Erederynhas sent me a Google Doc with ideas, so in theory I should be able to share it with those who attended on Sunday, as soon as I've worked out how to do it that is. It'll also be a good backup for if this forum goes down again. But I just wanted to give you the date and time now just in case!

• Like 3

I was wondering whether people wanted to discuss "aro relationships" as the topic for the next meet? Unless anyone would like to suggest anything else. I was looking at the shared Google Doc and thought that the whole topic regarding relationships might be a good discussion.

• Relationships

• Types of “aro” relationships

• Intersection with relationship anarchy

• Sexuality while aro (do people feel there is a connection between their aromanticism and sexuality, not all aros are ace -> how does this affect their sexuality (behavior/orientation)...)

What do people think?

Has everyone been able to access the Doc and been able to contribute if they wanted to? In other words, is it working properly?

Have a lovely Xmas / Yule / Season and see you in January :-)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

What do people think?

Has everyone been able to access the Doc and been able to contribute if they wanted to? In other words, is it working properly?

Have a lovely Xmas / Yule / Season and see you in January :-)

Sounds good :)

Happy holidays!

2 hours ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

What do people think?

Sounds good to me, out of the current suggestions that is the one I am most interested in discussing.

3 hours ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

It works for me

I was recommended to this by Erederyn and I definitely would like to join! 

ive just recently, couple of weeks back realised that I might be ace and aro. I’ve read about it and recognized myself and now Im taking the next step to learn more through interacting with people so this is perfect for me :) 

Im in Sweden so I’ll be have to figure out what time it will be over here but I’d it’s 7 pm UK time it should be 6 pm over here. Right? :P Sorry, I’m just so confused about time zones xD Is was January 10th right? It will work perfectly for me. 

is it through google meet or discord? (Sorry I’ve read through the forum thread but maybe it read too quickly ) ??

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

@Elin WIt is January 10th and on Google Meet.

I've just searched "time in Sweden" and it looks like you are an hour ahead of the UK, so it should be 8PM.

Hopefully see you then :-)

Yeah that’s right ! ? Yeah see you then. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 6:51 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

@Elin WIt is January 10th and on Google Meet.

I've just searched "time in Sweden" and it looks like you are an hour ahead of the UK, so it should be 8PM.

Hopefully see you then :-)

Looking forward to tomorrow :) This is maybe a silly question but do I need an app to use google meet? Is there a link, or how does it work? This year has meant a lot of video meetings but this app is still new to me x) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elin W said:

Looking forward to tomorrow :) This is maybe a silly question but do I need an app to use google meet? Is there a link, or how does it work? This year has meant a lot of video meetings but this app is still new to me x) 

Google Meet should work on your regular internet browser using the link provided. I know that the Google Mail app has a "join Meet" section also. I just use the regular browser though.

See you tomorrow :-)

On 12/15/2020 at 1:52 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

Just to let you know that I'm considering Sunday 10th January for the next meet, same time (7PM UK time), same link meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw

Would anyone like to suggest a topic for the meet - anything you would particularly like to discuss?

@Erederynhas sent me a Google Doc with ideas, so in theory I should be able to share it with those who attended on Sunday, as soon as I've worked out how to do it that is. It'll also be a good backup for if this forum goes down again. But I just wanted to give you the date and time now just in case!

Here. And I aim for once a month but I can't commit to a set week or day of the month. Though it'll be roughly every 3 - 5 or so ISH weeks or there's abouts, at the moment Sunday evenings UK time (though that can be rearranged as a group as long as it isn't early hours (UK).

I have checked the link to make sure it's still active (I had a problem recently with another Meet link I used), so it should be good to go tomorrow. It seems like the trick is for me to switch it on regularly to keep the link active!

A nice chat this evening :-). For those who are not able to make this time on a Sunday evening (I find it easier to organise in UK time but google tends to be quite helpful for time zone variations), are there any better times/days for you? I can't personally promise anything, but of course that doesn't prevent anyone else organising a different time without me if my UK-time limitations are difficult. I know many people aren't keen on such a responsibility, but it really isn't much to organise to be honest if it's something you are interested in doing?

From my perspective, I'm planning on organising the next in February, probably in a month's time or so, at the same time on a Sunday evening. Though I am happy to do other evenings especially at the moment that I'm more flexible (the one silverlining to the pandemic). I was also considering next month's topic to be related to Aromantic Awareness Week and chat about awareness, media and such like. Maybe Sunday 14th February, 7PM (UK time) to tie in with Aro Awareness? It'll be the same link.

Edited by DogObsessedLianne
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...