Interest in Google Meet Aromantic Socials

Was nice to meet again! For the next meeting, I was thinking we could perhaps discuss either aro activisim and community involvement/building or alloaro inclusivity/representation (for example, read something from Bones of Green and Hearts of Gold and/or some of AUREA's articles) or we can share and discuss our favorite works from AroWriMo and ASAW. 

Any of these sound good? 

• Like 3

On 2/16/2021 at 5:28 PM, Erederyn said:

Was nice to meet again! For the next meeting, I was thinking we could perhaps discuss either aro activisim and community involvement/building or alloaro inclusivity/representation (for example, read something from Bones of Green and Hearts of Gold and/or some of AUREA's articles) or we can share and discuss our favorite works from AroWriMo and ASAW. 

Any of these sound good? 

I also think these are all good ideas. So maybe we go for aro activism for March's meeting and use the others for April or May etc?

I was thinking of the weekend of Saturday 6th / Sunday 7th? Before I say the usual time of 7PM (UK time) on the Sunday is anyone quietly screaming, "not that time again, I can't do it!". At the moment the whole weekend is free so I'll leave it at that for now and schedule the exact time in a few days or so. Let me know, otherwise I'll stick to the same old time :-).

• Like 1

Sounds good!

22 hours ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

I was thinking of the weekend of Saturday 6th / Sunday 7th? Before I say the usual time of 7PM (UK time) on the Sunday is anyone quietly screaming, "not that time again, I can't do it!". At the moment the whole weekend is free so I'll leave it at that for now and schedule the exact time in a few days or so. Let me know, otherwise I'll stick to the same old time :-).

I could do the 7th at the usual time! 

• Like 1

Just to let you know that I've set up a Facebook group for these videocalls as I'm aware that some people prefer Facebook. If you also know of anyone who would also be interested feel free to share the group with them, just let them know that there's security questions to answer before I admit members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/3585539994877768
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just posting on here after discussion on the Facebook group about scheduling the time for earlier due to a timezone different. We are discussing moving the time to around 11AM (UK time) on either a Saturday or Sunday. At the moment, everyone who regularly attends is a European timezone. If this can help at all let me know? :-)

• Like 1

I was thinking, maybe we could discuss other forms of attraction (non-romantic, non-sexual) as a topic for April? Inspired by the TAAAP discussion on platonic attraction for their pride chats this month. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Erederyn said:

I was thinking, maybe we could discuss other forms of attraction (non-romantic, non-sexual) as a topic for April? Inspired by the TAAAP discussion on platonic attraction for their pride chats this month. 

Sounds like a good idea. I heard back from the other person so if it's ok we'll try 11am (UK time). If I say the weekend of the 10th/11th April would that work for the usual bunch and anyone else?

1 hour ago, DogObsessedLianne said:

Sounds like a good idea. I heard back from the other person so if it's ok we'll try 11am (UK time). If I say the weekend of the 10th/11th April would that work for the usual bunch and anyone else?

Either day at 11am works for me! 

Hi! I’ve been away from this forum for a while but excited to take part in the video chats again :) the dates seem good but if it’s on Sunday I won’t be able to participate cause I’m working that time :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CharCharChar said:

That's 5am my time, but my sleep schedule is wrecked at the moment, and perhaps it will still be wrecked by April 10 :D

It might be a good idea to alternate between the two times to try to give a broader range for people. But if you can't sleep at 5AM you know where we are!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 6:14 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

OK, Saturday 10th April 11AM (UK time).

Topic: Other forms of attraction that interplay with your aromanticism in life

Link: meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw

Hi, I've only just read this forum, would it be alright if I join the meet during that allotted time?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H.G.Grace said:

Hi, I've only just read this forum, would it be alright if I join the meet during that allotted time?

I ditto Erederyn's post. It's for everyone who can make it!

4 hours ago, Erederyn said:

Absolutely!

meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw (just in case you are struggling to find the link)

I've just double checked the link to make sure it was still active, and it was, so see some of you tomorrow (11AM UK time).

UnYoung kindly posted this link on the Facebook group that could be useful for the discussion tomorrow: https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Tertiary_Attraction?fbclid=IwAR33Q-gMWOBjCruHI6lNrKLXl30FYbQjI2P6dP2DgwMH8x3LnUeo-ZbJAtM

Does anyone have any preference for topic for May's meet? I was thinking about choosing a story or two or more from https://aroworlds.files.wordpress.com/2020/11/bones-of-green-and-hearts-of-gold-k.-a.-cook.pdf

(thanks to whoever put it on the google doc). I looked at the Aze journal but it seems much more asexuality based (though I do like much of the art work).

What do people think? I'll have a closer look at the Aro Worlds pdf over the weekend (I'm busy tomorrow) to see how long the stories are. Or would people like a month or there's about from now to read them all and then meet to discuss? Unless anyone is desperate for another topic? 4 weeks will be weekend of 22nd/23rd May.

• Like 3

I am new to this site, and I see that this post was created a while ago.   I would definitely like to attend, also.  I am on the Eastern US time zone. Please send me a link to the next meeting.  Thanks

Edited by JackieD