Interest in Google Meet Aromantic Socials

2 hours ago, Jinn said:

If this meetup is still on I'd like to join. I'm new here and looking forward to meeting everyone. ?

That would be fantastic., it will still be on

21 minutes ago, JackieD said:

Is the next meeting tomorrow (December 19th) at 1:00 GMT?

it is tomorrow. Was moved to 12:00 GMT though

@DogObsessedLianne that is still correct right.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Were we talking about alternating it to be a little later on some months. Might be difficult this month because I have a commitment 5PM GMT until the end of January, but maybe could do later in February.

Any preference of topic for this month? Any weekend dates that you seriously can't do?

Sorry for being a little late in typing this, the Christmas/Yule season is a strange time to get around to things!

Edited by DogObsessedLianne
  • Like 1

I'm up for any weekend other than this coming one.

Doing it is a little later is fine for me on Sundays.  Later on Saturdays may be a bit difficult as I try to get in touch with family at around 5 ish (after the football).

No prefference for topic yet, might try to have a proper look through them later this week.

My weekends in January are open so far. I don't mind keeping it around the same time this month; it's an early morning in my timezone but I'd be up anyway. :) 

oooo.... on one hand that topic is really interesting, on the other that's midnight my time. On the other hand, I probably won't need to be up until noon? and i'll need to get a webcam setup but I should have gotten one ages ago anyway.

1 hour ago, a star said:

on the other that's midnight my time. On the other hand, I probably won't need to be up until noon?

yeah, this is a fair point a few people have mentioned. Hopefully over the next few months there will be some experimenting with the times.

If there are any times which would be good for you it might be worth mentioning them. @DogObsessedLianne does a very good job at the impossible task of trying to make a time that works for people.

• Thanks 1

@roboticanary I'm personally not too worried about doing stuff at weird times because most of the things I have on during the day are either movable or things I won't get in trouble for missing, but like if anyone else in the AEDST timezone or close to wants to make suggestions about what is a good time, I wouldn't object.

Hopefully from next month we'll have more variety in times. It's just I've got certain commitments in January at the moment, hence it's 1PM GMT this month. I might put together a google sheet for people to put their time zones in and best times. Obviously I can't cater for everyone every month, but it'll give me something to work from!

Here is a form for people's best times. Please note all times are listed as GMT or BST (UK time) so please convert to your own timezone using the internet search engine of your choice.

https://forms.gle/6RmpNyFwsy2WKjYW7

Edited by DogObsessedLianne
Link needed changing
  • Like 1

And here is a sheet for more detail than the Form. Any problems let me know. I will use both in deciding times. Of course it is also possible to organise something without me if you find my UK limitations too limiting (we all have our limitations so feel free to use the forms yourselves to organise if you'd like to).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eaOCOfABd_8n9YIgkqXcv_ZuDViwvvOuL9npIB4TulI/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 7:36 PM, DogObsessedLianne said:

A late reminder. No issues if you haven't listened to the podcast or read the article. They were just suggestions. I know some people prefer podcasts, others prefer to read, others like to bring their own sources, and the most important in the mix is probably to bring our own life experience - so hopefully see some of you later :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 2:04 AM, JackieD said:

10 p.m. GMT is much better for me (2:00 ET zone where I'm located). What date in March?

Hi @JackieD, you are more than welcome to organise at a later time without me if you'd like, and I'm more than happy to help you set it up. But if you are relying on me for the organisation 10PM is far too late for me even if it wasn't a work night, sorry!

Next discussion: Sunday, March 13th, 7PM GMT (UK time)

Topic: "Aromanticism and the LGBTQ+ Community"

The usual link at meet.google.com/qum-mmnd-xkw

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Mx_queer_hearts said:

Hi, is there any online meet happening in April? 😊

There will be. Anyone any suggestions of what you'd like to talk about next month? It'll be around 12noon or 1PM BST, though date tbc as yet.

It goes without saying that if anyone wants to organise a similar discussion meet at another time that's suitable for other timezones that are outside what I can do then feel free (I'm more than happy to help you set it up - and it doesn't have to be a regular commitment, the more organisers the merrier as far as I'm concerned!)

• Like 1

Hi I've just realised this is the Liverpool group. I was directed to here by an admin. 

I'll keep any eye out on the Liverpool aces and aros page for times and links. 😊

Re setting up other meets, I'd be happy to help out from time to time for sure. 👍

Topic wise, not sure what other people have suggested but I thought it might be cool to choose a topic such as communication, boundaries and QPRs 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mx_queer_hearts said:

Hi I've just realised this is the Liverpool group. I was directed to here by an admin. 

I'll keep any eye out on the Liverpool aces and aros page for times and links. 😊

Re setting up other meets, I'd be happy to help out from time to time for sure. 👍

Topic wise, not sure what other people have suggested but I thought it might be cool to choose a topic such as communication, boundaries and QPRs 😊

Oh, this is international and online. I also do a Liverpool social group but that is a different group :-). 

Been thinking about topics that might be interesting. 

- Connection 

• Are other people necessary to feel a sense of connection? Spiritually, emotionally, etc?
  • Ways we connect with others and build friendships/connections outside of amatonormativity? 

- Ace/Aro representation in books, film, media. 

- Split attraction model, people who identify with it and who don't. 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 11:43 PM, Jinn said:

Connection 

• Are other people necessary to feel a sense of connection? Spiritually, emotionally, etc?
  • Ways we connect with others and build friendships/connections outside of amatonormativity? 

I think this is a very good suggestion.

Regarding dates, are there any particular dates that the usuals can't do? I could do weekend 2/3 April, 9/10 April, 23/24 April. We're due to do it 1PM BST this month (we'll do evening BST in May)