What is the ultimate Aromantic meme food?

Within ace communities, cake has become one of the communities best known symbols and memes, to the point that many aces make it a point to bring cake to events. More recently, some ace communities on reddit have also adopted garlic bread as an additional savory ace meme food that’s allegedly better than sex.

But what about the aro community?

What would good symbolic or memetic aro foods be?

My my initial thoughts are maybe chocolates, because we all know that’s the best part of Valentine’s Day once you strip away all the romance. But on the more meme side, maybe we should have a more salty snack because we’re all salty about the constant presence of amatonormativity?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mark said:

Given that the trope is "cake is better than sex" does "X is better than romance" have to be confined to food?

Not necessarily. To be honnest I would like more something like books, because books are so much better than romance.

Or thing like "I like action movie, not romance" (but with something else than this example because it is hard as a symbol, just to say we are here for the plot not for ship).

(Or maybe a sinking ship)

I like chocolate but I am not very found of having a food symbol,  I would feel like I'm stealing an ace thing.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, sennkestra said:

My my initial thoughts are maybe chocolates, because we all know that’s the best part of Valentine’s Day once you strip away all the romance. But on the more meme side, maybe we should have a more salty snack because we’re all salty about the constant presence of amatonormativity?

I can't really say no to chocolates. I am literally going to the chocolatier after Valentine's Day to get some leftovers on sale. Another addictive party snack could be tortilla chips/nachos.

Anyways it does not have to be linked to food but it is better if it is something that we can share or play with. Books are good as well.

I will also buy any icecream specially if there are chocolate chips inside. But it may reinfroce the 'cold' emotionless image like the robot.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:16 AM, Mark said:

Given that the trope is "cake is better than sex" does "X is better than romance" have to be confined to food?

No, but food happened to be on my mind when I made this post because I was hungry, and because I'm also currently trying to plan what thematic snacks I can bring to the aromantic meetup I'm hosting for ASAW. Figured it might be a fun and silly conversation topic as well.

Anyway, this thread is definitely tempting me to get ice cream for myself at least. Maybe matcha or pistachio for the color theme? (mint chocolate chip is the obvious one, but I'm not a big fan of mint).

On 2/7/2020 at 7:25 PM, aro_elise said:

pie.  because it's kind of in the same category as cake.  and also because it's my favourite dessert and i'm aro so therefore pie is aro culture. ?:aropride:

I would like to second this! 

Although, Pie is kind of claimed by mathematicians (pi vs pie) But eh... Yay pie

• 2 weeks later...

It should definitely be Ice Cream.  Not only because it pairs with cake for the aro-ace people, but because "ice cream" is the snack trope of the lonely.  People eating ice cream when they had a bad breakup is a popular trope.

Aro's eat Ice Cream for Breakfast -- because there is no one around to tell us not to.

I'm also cool with Pizza being our alternate to Garlic Bread.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

No, even better then ice cream, milkshakes! Imagine making a milkshake with layers of food dye in aro colors! It would probably mix together at some point, but it would be great for the first few minutes

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I always thought there was something extremely aro about the chocolates that go on sale after Valentines day. But bargain basement 50% off love heart chocolate probably is not the best symbol as you really need the whole context for them to seem aro

I love the ice cream one. But for me the food that screams aro for me is a key lime pie. It has both green, and sometimes white. Also that food tastes like life for me.

• Like 1