What age do romantics usually first get crushes and celebrity crushes?

What age do romantics usually first get crushes and celebrity crushes?

I'm an aromantic and I'm just wondering at what age did you get your first crush and what age did you get your first celebrity crush?

• Like 1

I don't get celebrity crushes but I do get crushes on fictional characters. I had my first real one when I was in elementary school, about age 10. Before that I had some favorite characters that I liked a lot, but didn't have fully-fledged crushes on (maybe bc I was too young?)

I've heard alloro people talk about having crushes around the same age (or earlier) which confuses me even though I had adjacent experiences.

• Like 1

There's this article which suggests that alloromantics tend to develop attraction between 6 and 9 and allosexuals tend to develop sexual attraction between 10 and 13.

There's another giving an age of 7.

This one  suggests as young as 5 (or less).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mark said:

There's this article which suggests that alloromantics tend to develop attraction between 6 and 9 and allosexuals tend to develop sexual attraction between 10 and 13.

There's another giving an age of 7.

This one  suggests as young as 5 (or less).

wow thats young

7 hours ago, Garlic Bread said:

wow thats young

These links are also useful for debunking when teenagers are told they are "too young to know".

• Like 1

I know its less formal than a study but the ages people have said here in the question in anon q&a about when people around us started getting crushes might be of interest.

getting a lot of 9,10,11 ish from that, although perhaps there is a delay between people getting crushes and making it known/us noticing them

• Like 3