Are you left handed or right handed?

Cassiopeia

Are you left handed or right handed?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't really know what to pick because I'm not left-handed, I'm not right-handed, and I'm not ambidextrous. I ended up picking both because it's fairly close to the truth. I do some things with my left-hand, some things with my right-hand, and some things with either hand. The things I do with either hand I do usually have a preference for one hand though. Like eating with a knife and fork; I can use either hand, but I usually do it the same way as everyone else: fork in left hand, knife in right.

The term that I prefer to use for my handedness is mixed-handed.

I'm slightly right-handed. I write with the right hand (but I've always held the pen in a weird position, which drove my elementary school teachers mad), but I use the remote control or hold my dog's leash with the left hand.

I'm right handed but I eat with my knife and fork backwards :P

On 9 July 2016 at 2:37 AM, Rising Sun said:

I'm slightly right-handed. I write with the right hand (but I've always held the pen in a weird position, which drove my elementary school teachers mad), but I use the remote control or hold my dog's leash with the left hand.

I also hold a pen super weirdly. Luckily my mum got me out of teachers meddling with my pencil grip because my writing and drawing are quite good :)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's fair that the usual test for measuring handedness is based on what hand a person writes with. It's 2016, I hardly ever write anything at all ever... I guess I'm mostly right handed, but it depends what I'm doing. I eat with the knife in my left hand though... because it makes more sense for me to have the fork in my right (it gets to do more complex things than just cutting stuff)... if I eat with my hands, I use only my left so that I have my right hand free (and clean) to use my phone or whatever. So I picked 'both' because it really depends what I'm doing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm right handed when it comes to everything but driving. For some reason, it feels really awkward for me to hold the steering wheel with just my right hand. I always drive with my left, and am much more coordinated that way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm ambidextrous. 

I suspect I might have been a natural lefty, but when I was in kindergarten, I contracted spinal meningitis and had a very high fever, which left me with a brain injury that caused left-side weakness and dexterity problems.  Because kindergarten is a vital time when handedness is being cemented in the developing brain, and I was forced to switch to my right hand due to my left being partially paralysed for a while (I eventually recovered full use of my left, but it took until I was in high school before the recovery was complete), I ended up being ambidextrous instead.  

• 2 years later...

I'm ambidextrous. I'm not that way naturally, though. I'm naturally right-handed but trained myself to write with my left hand as well.

12 hours ago, Arostar said:

I'm very much a right-handed person but I try to practice using my left hand just in case.

That's exactly why I practiced with my left hand a lot. You never know when you dominant arm may break (or something along those lines)! I also did it just for fun!

Archived