Do you want to have kids?

Aroya

Do you want kids? (Poll/Discussion)  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm comparing the results from this poll to the one on the AVEN which is 51%No, 27%Yes and 21%Don't Know. Also feel free to discuss your answers.

Edited by Aroya
  • Like 1

i don't want children, but i quite like them!

i'm incredibly, viscerally scared of pregnancy and birth, and i don't want 24/7 care of another human being. but i'm very fond of the children already in my life, and if any of my friends have kids i'm looking forward to being the cool uncle.

• Like 4

Well, it is nice to see the typic videos of cute chlren doing x thing, but I would NEVER want to be a parent. I prefer to be an uncle. Anyway, I am studying to be a teacher, I will have enough kids with that. 

Edited by Arsenic
  • Like 1

Definitely not for the foreseeable future. I don't dislike kids, but I have 0 experience with them and am just not ready to be a parent. Plus I totally lack that "omg!! so cute, can i hold them?" instinct that more parental people have with human babies. Oddly enough, a part of me likes the concept of being pregnant, but... I don't think I need more than that 😂

If I did decide to become a mom, I'd rather adopt an older kid (like 8-13+?) rather than have one of my own.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely not, for pretty much every reason: I'm sex-repulsed, I need my alone time, I don't know how to handle young kids, the prospect of being pregnant sounds like body horror, don't have sufficient social supports, people assuming that I'm in or want a romantic relationship makes me angry and children tend to be read as products of a romantic relationship, etc

• 2 weeks later...

A definite 'no'. I would rather jump off a bridge than get pregnant and have kids, and here are my reasons why:

• Taking care of babies (especially twins) is hard, and eats all of your time+energy (take it from me, the oldest sibling)
  • The thought of actually having to conceive a child and giving birth is terrifying enough
  • The world is messed up, it'll probably squash the purity of a child like it squashed mine
  • The strain on my mental and physical health would be too much for me
  • If I change my mind, I'll adopt, simple as that

Thank you for reading this, have a good day.