What kinds of physical touch do you like/dislike? (Poll)

Quinoa

What kinds of physical touch do you like/dislike?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hugs are good as long as I'm the one who initiates them. If I don't know people well, I ask if they want a hug first. Regardless, I am in charge of the hug. I'm told I give the best hugs. 

As far as kissing goes, idk. My ex and I were each other's first relationship and idk if we just sucked at it or I just don't like it. Chaste kisses are nice. Making out has not been great and I avoided it when I could.

Cuddles are meh. I would rather not, but I don't hate it. Need the option to escape though. 

So thanks to @Momo . Cuddling I accept but like during sleeping together or just chilling(I used to do that as a kid to my brother so much and about one year ago with my former friend when sometimes we slept in a train or something)

It typically depends on how well I know the person and what my relationship to them is. Like, in general I'm fine with hugs from friends, select strangers/acquaintances, and some family but some people I would prefer to never ever hug. When it comes to kissing - I only like cheek and forehead kisses and again not with/from everyone, I am typically very repulsed by most kissing. Cuddling is a specific friends only option and even then sometimes I am too touch adverse to handle it. But sometimes I feel an overwhelming bout of platonic affection and act outside of these general guidelines. 

when it comes to kissing and cuddling, i need to really trust the person and have a deep connection with them. they should also warn me before doing anything more than a hug because sometimes physical touch can be too much if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

So, generally, I;m comfortable with hugging pretty much anyone. Cuddling is one of those things that I think varies from person to person but I know kissing definitely has to do with gender for me. I'm allosexual and into girls and so all my female squishes I've absolutely have wanted to kiss. All my male squishes, however, I have not. I guess kissing is a sexual thing for me rather than a romantic thing. And I see hugging and cuddling as platonic lol

TW: Mention of domestic abuse

I used to be pretty touch repulsed. I was fine being close with my sister and hugging her and dancing with her perhaps because I knew it was completely platonic? I had one friend who "trained" me to accept hugs, which never sat well with me, but it was really after a couple years of an abusive relationship that I became basically numb to touch. I'm not really repulsed anymore, but I don't really seek out touch either. I prefer high fives and fist bumps to hugs, if at all. I don't really even like handshakes. I don't enjoy cuddling - too intimate, too much closeness. Oddly enough, I have discovered that I do enjoy kissing (like kissing)??? But only kissing - no cuddling at the same time or anything.

I like hugs from my parents and from my closests friends, althought I originally disliked them.

I don't like kisses in general, even on the cheek. Actually this may be being too close to somebody's face that I hate the most. Unfortunately it is in our local culture to greet people with 2 to 3 kisses on both cheeks. One is perceived as a rude asocial if you don't do it, even with colleagues at work. Shaking hands turned out to be the big boss's exclusive right so doing this would be pretentious. I usually just touch cheeks to cheeks or go close and make the kiss noise, like some other people do. I tried French kissing and really did not understand the hype about it.

I don't like cuddling in general. Occasional passionate hugs is ok but not more than that.

Edited by Ch0c0

I dont like kissing I think it's weird and gross (for me not for other people) 

Hugs I tolerate, like I'll hug my family and close friends if they like hugs, if someone hugs me I'll hug them back but I dont love hugs and I would never initiate a hug really.

Cuddles I do not understand, I dont get the social standard of when does the cuddle stop? It just feels uncomfortable to me, I guess I would cuddle my family but only for like max 2 minutes because I get fidgety. 

apparently i've voted some time ago but not commented, so here i am now.

hugs: i think i said sometimes.  i never dislike them, but as a greeting between not particularly close friends/family, it's like, whatever, just social convention.  with those i love, it's nice.

kisses: sometimes.  if it's sexual, like making out, then yes.  obviously with someone i'm sexually attracted to.  otherwise no.

cuddling: no.  i see it as a romantic thing, and didn't like it with my ex.  i doubt i would with friends either, it just seems unnecessary and inconvenient.

15 hours ago, AllTimeBubble said:

Cuddles I do not understand, I dont get the social standard of when does the cuddle stop? It just feels uncomfortable to me, I guess I would cuddle my family but only for like max 2 minutes because I get fidgety. 

Normally, cuddling would be an accessory to some other activity, talking or tv being two common options. The cuddle really only ends when either person wants it to, there's not a set time limit like say a hug because it's an ongoing activity.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate being touched, I hate being hugged, I don’t get touch-starved.  I’m fine with touching others but I associate it with expressing control and territoriality over another person’s body, and don’t like if it’s being interpreted in any other way.  Kissing on mouth is gross and smelly.

Hugs and cuddling are great, but kissing is another story. Even when I do feel romantic attraction, I have some limits because kisses kind of gross me out (on a physical level because saliva is pretty gross.) I'm fine with other people kissing or reading about it, but in practice I'm kind of "eh" about the whole thing. I hope that makes sense.