What video games are you playing?

roboticanary

On 8/31/2023 at 7:28 PM, BlueMycena said:

I'm gonna play Baldur's Gate 3 when it comes out on ps5.

I bought it on PC this time, though I prefer PS5, but the KBM support is again going to suck i.e. not implemented.

Just like with Diablo IV. Why, just why, is there no KBM support for PS5... I mean, you can plug in any old KBM in the PS5, that's one of the great things about it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:15 PM, Nix said:

Also, I bought Rain World and its DLC yesterday because a friend of mine wouldn’t shut up about it. I bought it for Playstation (PS4, because I only have 1 PS5 controller) instead of the Switch version because it is supposed to be buggy, but sadly the Playstation version is also buggy. Playable, but a lot of audio issues and random crashes. Too bad, because the couch co-op is really fun.

IMG_7415.jpeg.38f87dbb11fbc78ce07ebebb945e4cbd.jpeg

The dev team is working on it so I hope they get it fixed… maybe I can see if Jedi: Survivor has been updated? 🤔

Well I almost lost hope but Jedi: Survivor finally has an update that fixes the performance issues! Sadly still really buggy on ps5, but hey, at least the framerate doesn’t drop to 20 frames per second whenever a lot is going on at once ¯\-(ツ)-/¯ 

• Confused 1

On 9/7/2023 at 7:53 PM, Nix said:

Well I almost lost hope but Jedi: Survivor finally has an update that fixes the performance issues! Sadly still really buggy on ps5, but hey, at least the framerate doesn’t drop to 20 frames per second whenever a lot is going on at once ¯\-(ツ)-/¯ 

Baldur's Gate 3 is probably not as bad as Jedi: Survivor, but it's far from a great experience to play something this buggy, which it otherwise would be. I put it down for now. @BlueMycena it's even buggier on PS5.

I was very hyped up for Starfield, but it's supposed to be rather mid. 😭

So for now I'm playing a puzzle game Turing Complete where you incrementally build your own computer (it also has a sandbox mode). This game is for everyone who's interested in that stuff.

• Like 1

I am really into Supermassive Games recently! More specifically The Dark Pictures Anthology. I also play Resident Evil and The Sims 4, but since school started again I don't have much time anymore...

Been playing Sable, which is basically all the parts of breath of the wild I was interested in with no combat. It is kinda buggy sometimes tho, but so far nothing annoying. I could really do without Simoon whimpering due to my bad driving though.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 2:47 AM, Balfrog said:

Been playing Sable, which is basically all the parts of breath of the wild I was interested in with no combat. It is kinda buggy sometimes tho, but so far nothing annoying. I could really do without Simoon whimpering due to my bad driving though.

This game looks so pretty! I see it’s on sale for ps5, but most of the posts on Reddit call that version unplayable :(

• Like 1

I don't know much about the different versions, I am playing whichever is on the epic store, but so far the most annoying bug has been the pathfinding shutting off. Saving and reloading fixes the issue, which only seems to effect some npcs, your bike, and the beatles from what I've seen. Haven't seen any other bugs, and honestly it hasn't really effected my gameplay that much. I might be easier on the game due to getting it for free though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now playing Lies of P which is set in a dark fantasy Belle Époque city, and you play a cute Pinocchio who looks a bit like Timothée Chalamet. 😃

image.jpeg.46fb55d4fea025945b170a4425adb855.jpeg

It has very difficult elites sometimes and contrary to the bosses, the spawn point is far away for them.

This feels like Mœbius + Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind + Nier Automata !!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My local gamestore had a sale on ‘Kirby and the Forgotten Land’ and it is such an adorable game! Just some chill, low stakes platforming and really fun level design :)

Also, you can now stretch to eat things a lot bigger then Kirby, called ‘mouthful mode’. I love being a car the most (although turning into a vending machine and shooting cans at enemies is a close second)

IMG_8415.jpeg.271fff58cf3869d3a7a10edca8f3ce70.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Lies of P !! Took me 45 hours to reach "Rise of P ending", did all side quests.

It mostly maintains the quality with no fillers. The story is a (wild) reimagination of the novel, but it's still really great.

So much recommended, but with a disclaimer: they overdid the difficulty late game, so it became a bit of a slog (IMHO).

E.g. the Door Guardian boss is ultra annoying since it has huge reach, wonky hit boxes and causes shock, which breaks your stamina regeneration. Also, it has a one-minute run back.

😠

The final boss, Nameless Puppet, is also the hardest boss of the game. It's worse than Isshin, the Sword Saint from Sekiro.

2nd phase (7:30) = nightmare.

OK, theoretically the boss is optional to finish the game, but then you get the bad ending.

---------

Now playing:

new_project_-_2023-05-22t155012.513.jpg

Lords of the Fallen

• Like 1

I’ve finished ‘Kirby and the Forgotten Land’ (So cute, really intense final stretch of the game. Also, it took me until the final boss fight to realise I could dodge? Here I was running poor Kirby’s little legs off…)

And now I’m playing: ‘Super Mario Brothers: Wonder’. I’m in the third world now, and so far I feel it is really deserving of the titel ‘wonder’. Every level I think ‘What weird/interesting/cool stuff is going to happen now? (I’m playing as Luigi)

IMG_8485.jpeg.3f7679de25f56b0528b1da69750e73d9.jpeg

• Like 3

Sounds like you had quite the journey in Lies of P! 45 hours and all side quests. That's some dedication. It's awesome to hear that the game maintains quality without unnecessary fillers. A wild reimagination of the novel, you say? Now, that's intriguing!But I feel you on the late-game difficulty spike. Facing a boss like the Door Guardian can be a real test of patience, especially with those wonky hitboxes and shock attacks. And don't get me started on the one-minute run back – that can get old real fast.But I'm a fan of all kinds of games, especially CS. Recently, I stumbled upon this marketplace for CS2 skins, which has added a fun twist to the game.

Edited by KatelynMcknight

I just played through Megaman ZX and started ZX Advent. The map is much easier to navigate in advent, and I feel the main characters have a bit better design and the base form feels less like a base and more like it has it's own gimmicks which is nice. The switch to voice acting was a little weird but it kinda works. I think Advent is just a better game so far. Kinda funny that every time you morph your character yells "A-TRANS". Not something the creators thought about in 2007, although you are swapping between characters with male (mostly) and female voice actors.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 7:17 AM, Nix said:

I’ve finished ‘Kirby and the Forgotten Land’ (So cute, really intense final stretch of the game. Also, it took me until the final boss fight to realise I could dodge? Here I was running poor Kirby’s little legs off…)

In Stellaris, 50 hours in, I learned that CTRL+SHIFT-Click bumps an order for a ship to the front of the queue without cancelling the rest. This was a game changer.

In Diablo IV, 30 hours in, I learned that you could just hold the button to repeat base and core skills. 🙈🙈

I never watch those "10 Things You Need to Know Before You Play" videos. 😄

On 10/26/2023 at 6:27 AM, Neon said:

I'm not playing it yet, but I'm super excited for this december bc I'm going to get the remastered Submachine game!

I'm waiting for Pioneers of Pagonia where early access comes out in December. The demo obviously looks a bit unpolished, but this is pre-alpha. So it's promising and already has the iconic bustling look.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

After running through so many dungeons and getting killed so many times, I had enough of it and are now playing Dungeons 4, building my own dungeons, and killing the noble heroes.

apps.43938.13827839494641912.fbfb4c20-fe86-40e3-888a-d19efc580378.jpg.8f4fdbe938ac067e01f2de7535e0ce53.jpg

The humor of this game is very cringe, though. You can even dress the main character in a sailor moon costume.

It's also a bit like an evil Sims. You have green horde, demons, undead units, and they all need to be kept happy.

• Like 1

Currently playing Clash artifacts of chaos. Kinda wish there were more oddball artifacts, most of them kinda give you an edge when you win the game while not really hindering you immensely when used on you. The art style is good, although that is to be expected from Ace Team. Glad to play someone in this setting other than Ghat, Psuedo is more interesting and The Boy is adorable and I want to get all of his outfits.

Other than that I have been playing bits of final fantasy 4 as I wanted to know if it was actually good or just ended up being played at around the right time. Mostly seems rushed to me playing it now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now playing Lords of the Fallen again. Back in November, I soon put it down soon, because of the abysmal performance. Not that the performance is good now, it is merely fixed to the point that it's playable.

It uses Unreal Engine 5, which excludes many people with less powerful hardware. I guess, to really have fun with it, you need an RTX 5090 ... oops, that's not available yet. 🙃 Not much exaggeration! The PS5 also has serious problems to handle this engine. All this for marginal improvements in the graphics.

So the game itself, I otherwise really like it. The mechanics with Umbral (the realm of the dead, that runs parallel to the normal world Axiom) is really cool. You can get killed, and it's not over yet, you end up in Umbral, which is more hostile. Only if you get killed again there, you respawn.

The NPC dialogues and quest lines are wonderful. The world is really vast and immersive. Also, the way the background story is handled, by the umbral stigmas that allow one to relive past traumatic events, is great.

The difficulty is considerably easier than Lies of P, but I'm glad it is, because you fight against the jank and frame drops.

It's kind of heart-breaking because they obviously had a grand vision for this game. It's epic in size, and you can see the enormous work that was put into it. But it is so dragged down by the poor performance and general clunkiness.

Lies of P was smaller and used Unreal Engine 4. It has great performance, is challenging for the right reasons and super-polished, and because of that the much, much better game than LOTF.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 11:24 AM, Nix said:

This game looks so pretty! I see it’s on sale for ps5, but most of the posts on Reddit call that version unplayable :(

Well I played Sable anyway, because it was the 'free' game om PS Plus Essential in December :)

Not really unplayable, although I did have to reload from time to time whenever Sable got stuck in a part of the scenery or if Simoon wouldn't show up after calling. Still, super pretty game and really chill.

Also, speaking of unplayable, I finally finished Jedi: Survivor yesterday I got a little uneasy with the corny romance but there is thankfully not too much of that.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 2:30 PM, Nix said:

Well I played Sable anyway, because it was the 'free' game om PS Plus Essential in December :)

Oh no, I missed it. 🙁 I always forget to check it since I only subscribed to PS Plus Essential for Online Gaming.

Also, speaking of unplayable, I finally finished Jedi: Survivor yesterday

🏅

Didn't this come out ... 9 months ago? Have they finally fixed all the bugs? 😄

So many different games and all the same issue: they were released in an obviously unfinished state.

We really shouldn't accept this! Let's not preorder anything or convince ourselves that when we read about "tech issues" it won't be that bad! OK, on February 29th, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth will come out ... <preorder> 🏃‍♀️

I got a little uneasy with the corny romance but there is thankfully not too much of that.

It would be very aro to get the romance to glitch.

• Like 1

I’m playing through Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Deluxe for the third time! It’s so fun and cute, I’m glad I got the chance to play this one because I never played the original Wii version.

IMG_1398.jpeg.91472e4af81d9528d9b2bdde779212b4.jpeg

I will say though, it’s weird to be playing any previous Kirby game to Forgotten Land, because the Waddle Dees are good guys in that game but enemies in any other game. I usually try to avoid hurting them, they’re so adorable.

• Like 2