what about kissing?

Holmbo

Kissing is an interesting topic in aspec I think. Some people consider it to be romantic some sexual some, I'm sure, neither.

When I was younger I'd use to really enjoy making out. I probably still would, haven't got much opportunity nowadays. But I would get bored if I did it for too long with the same guy. My ideal would just be to dance with someone and make out a bit and then we'd go our separate ways.

How do you feel about kissing?

Edited by Holmbo
  • Like 2

I don-t want to kiss. Or maybe my family on the check,  that's it. I enjoy kissing in fiction, but for me... no way.

I don't see it as inherently romantic or sexual because I don't think actions are romantic or sexual, only the impulse for these actions are.

• Like 1

I have such a complicated relationship with kissing!!! I love reading about it, and I love thinking about it, it gives me those butterfly feelings-- but then whenever I do it it's like bleeeuughhhh so boring! 

I have to be very specifically in the mood for it, or else it's annoying and boring and when I do it I want to be anywhere else. There are a few very rare occasions where I've actually liked kissing, and I still can't really pinpoint what sets them apart. welp!

• Like 1

Kind of similar to all of you. I like it less, the "realler" it gets ? Reading about kissing and in movies is nice, if someone kisses irl is okay, but I prefer to look away.

I haven't kissed anyone in a while (but I don't miss it), but from what I remember it was hugely underwhelming, sometimes okay, sometimes boring and a bit disgusting. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, Holmbo said:

When I was younger I'd use to really enjoy making out. I probably still would, haven't got much opportunity nowadays. But I would get bored if I did it for too long with the same guy. My ideal would just be to dance with someone and make out a bit and then we'd go our separate ways.

Something like that might work for me. Alternatively having regular partners.
I like kissing, along with many other romantic coded things, whilst finding both romance and (any sort of) monogamy quite repulsive.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I always kissed my parents on the lips, like baby kisses. I still do. I never saw it as anything embarassing. Like my friends would cringe if their parents kissed in front of us and for me it was heartwarming to see. The moment my ex boyfriend wanted to kiss me tho I thought I was gonna dig down to the pacific ocean or smth. I got sixth sense for romance and I felt that the mood was there, at least from his perspective. God it was uncomfortable but I luckily avoided it. Later after I knew I was gay I kissed my ex girlfriend and it felt...like nothing. The mood was stereotypically romantic but I just felt awkward. I feel more feeling when I kiss my dad goodbye before leaving the car. And I swear if anyone ever hugs me from behind without a warning again I'll punch them with my elbow. 

Edited by homonoromo17
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 6:47 AM, Mark said:

Something like that might work for me. Alternatively having regular partners.
I like kissing, along with many other romantic coded things, whilst finding both romance and (any sort of) monogamy quite repulsive.

Same here. I find romance coded activities repressing when done publicly, and it feels like a burden to want to match expectations of society. If I kiss someone it would be because I want to, not because the moment is "right" and it would be in private. I would love not kissing in public, because it is just eugh. If I engage in sexual activities, and kissing arouses my partner, then I don't have a problem with it, but personally I am indifferent to it and I would avoid it in public.