Are you afraid of people loving you?

Hey there, I have a question for y'all just to try understand if I'm the only one feeling it.

I know some aros are in relationships (no matter if romantic, QPR or other) with allos that feel actual romantic feelings for them. For me it's a little scary, especially when they express their love and I know I can't love them back in the same way. Also I feel a little uncomfortable.

How about you? What are yor feelings when someone is in lpve with you?

• Like 3

As far as I'm aware, nobody has ever been in love with me, but if someone was I would feel extremely uncomfortable and grossed out by it, and I'd probably want to hide in my room lol. I also really hope no one ever has a crush on me because I'd feel really bad telling them I don't feel the same way.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm kinda split on this topic

On one hand, I would dislike it if I knew someone had a crush on me, then it would just feel really awkward especially since I wouldn't be able to reciprocate those feelings. 

On the other hand, it would be good to at least know that there is someone who legitimately enjoys my company, even though I would only be able to like them platonically. 

So it would just be really confusing and I'm glad that no one (that I know of) has a crush on me

• Like 2

100% yes. It feels like they have expectations of me and desires about me that are out of my control. I feel like I need to get away from it because I fear that they won't actually take "no" for an answer and I don't know when they will try pushing boundaries as has happened to me in the past. I can't trust people who say they are interested in me sexually/romantically; whatever they do after telling me feels like they have ulterior motives.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say afraid, but definitely creeped out and uncomfortable. I've had a few situations where people seemed to expect something from me, without actually saying what they wanted, and then they got mad at me when nothing happened. (Come on people, you didn't even tell me what was going on with you. You're just going around getting mad about your own thoughts and feelings.) The whole thing was unhappy all around.

I'm kinda romance - repulsed, so yes. But even saying anything like 'I love you' (even platonically) makes me feel uncomfortable, so I think that if anybody was to like me I would probably hide in my bedroom in the dark. My motto in life is 'why fall in love when you could fall down the stairs' becuase honestly falling down the stairs is the better option for me :)

• Like 1