teen corner

illumi

1 hour ago, Ravensplat said:

I would say my favourite object in the solar system is either Titan or just like the Kuiper belt as whole, the idea there is an outer ring like an edge to our solar system with a bunch of rocks in it just seems cool to me. And Titan may have liquid under it's icy surface so who knows what's hiding under there. 

were told that titans surface is covered w liquified methane & ethane. also yes; i love these silly icy guys. theyre just chilling

lmao. chilling. get it

14 minutes ago, 7ev said:

were told that titans surface is covered w liquified methane & ethane. also yes; i love these silly icy guys. theyre just chilling

lmao. chilling. get it

Yes very good. I am looking forward to seeing what JUICE finds out in a few years time

6 minutes ago, Ravensplat said:

Yes very good. I am looking forward to seeing what JUICE finds out in a few years time

i was so excited bc i thought titan has water on it; i was dumb af bc jupiter is outside of the habitable zone of our solar sys lmao

1 hour ago, Ravensplat said:

I would say my favourite object in the solar system is either Titan or just like the Kuiper belt as whole, the idea there is an outer ring like an edge to our solar system with a bunch of rocks in it just seems cool to me. And Titan may have liquid under it's icy surface so who knows what's hiding under there. 

I think you're thinking of Europa (Jovian moon) or Enceladus (Saturn moon), they're both covered in ice with solid cores and potentially liquid interiors between the surface and core. Titan is the one with a whole weather system with methane instead of water, being another moon of Saturn.

11 minutes ago, Deltalorian said:

I think you're thinking of Europa (Jovian moon) or Enceladus (Saturn moon), they're both covered in ice with solid cores and potentially liquid interiors between the surface and core. Titan is the one with a whole weather system with methane instead of water, being another moon of Saturn.

You're right I got Europa and Titan mixed up. But all mentioned are pretty cool and our best chance at finding non Earth life in our Solar system at least as we currently understand life. 

10 minutes ago, Deltalorian said:

i like the idea of life in the oceans of these planets tbh. they can gain heat & energy from geothermal energy while the ice above protects them from wtv shitstorm that be happening up there; but the thought of actually living as a creature down there is freaky tho count me out

Just now, Eclipse said:

Fursona. Nice fursona.

Thank you, and yes it is one, it's not my main one though but I'm still happy with it.

1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

I'm no furry, but I support.

yey

I was feeling like shit bc of all the homophobia at school but then realized that it's gotta be embarrassing to be homophobic honestly like they have no valid arguments against queer people and hate people for no reason like???? Like all the slurs aren't fun to hear but at least I'm not embarrassing myself by hating people for something they can't control. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

I was feeling like shit bc of all the homophobia at school but then realized that it's gotta be embarrassing to be homophobic honestly like they have no valid arguments against queer people and hate people for no reason like???? Like all the slurs aren't fun to hear but at least I'm not embarrassing myself by hating people for something they can't control. 

me when some1 a lil bit diff from me exists

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 7ev said:

also cool image i just found [click on it for full image probably]

Small_bodies_of_the_Solar_System.jpg

also zoom in if needed

Glad it really shows the enormity of Ganymede and Titan, those fuckers are huge

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DeltaAro said:

Why do I live on a planet with only one moon? 🙁

Because the formation of the Moon only involved one gravitational centre, or it had two forming but they both fused (this is less likely, but I digress)

41 minutes ago, Deltalorian said:

Because the formation of the Moon only involved one gravitational centre, or it had two forming but they both fused (this is less likely, but I digress)

What a prosaic answer! 😀 Just... imagine it for once.

Of course, multiple moons wouldn't have that otherworldly feel anymore, because we would have gotten used to it. But we could argue about which moon is more beautiful!

OTOH, the symmetry sun 🌞 vs. moon 🌙 is also kind of nice... that you wouldn't get with multiple moons.

dream_TradingCard.jpg.4b1a7c5e18a714a175fdbbd9637b9b72.jpg

made with dream.ai, prompt was "cabin in the mountains at night, with two moons"

ok, yeah, that doesn't look that good, but you get the idea

On 5/3/2023 at 7:39 AM, 7ev said:

lmao. chilling. get it

Probably Mercury, it’s got the perfect amount of materials to make a Dyson Swarm, a massive amount of solar satellites providing literally infinite energy from the sun. It’s a perfect candidate for that really, it’s close to the sun, most chemicals on that planet have been burned away, the only big issue is volcanoes, solar flares, and heat.

On 5/3/2023 at 7:36 PM, AroAcedragon13 said:

This man is talking facts. Like whenever someone says “oh that’s so gay” I’m like “bro, if you pull this bs anymore I may literally punch you, the only thing holding me back is pity for your ignorance.”

• Like 3