teen corner

illumi

Anyone else have trouble differentiating between Weird Teen Hormone Shit(TM) and actual issues? [I am aware this is a weird dichotomy to make, something can be normal for teenagers but still be an 'issue', however this is how adults tend to present it]

Like, I know we need more sleep than average, but damn sometimes I go through periods where I am tired all the time and sleeping in just seems to make it worse.

55 minutes ago, Noble-Harvest-Spear said:

Anyone else have trouble differentiating between Weird Teen Hormone Shit(TM) and actual issues? [I am aware this is a weird dichotomy to make, something can be normal for teenagers but still be an 'issue', however this is how adults tend to present it]

Like, I know we need more sleep than average, but damn sometimes I go through periods where I am tired all the time and sleeping in just seems to make it worse.

Yeah, it’s really hard to differentiate between the two, and it’s just a massive source of built up rage for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Noble-Harvest-Spear said:

Oh god definitely

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Noble-Harvest-Spear said:

absolutely

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

absolutely

I’ve still got a part of my brain wondering if being aroace is just temporary hormone crap that my brain latched into because I like the idea of it. (Yes this is a conversation I’ve had to break in my head a thousand times.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HelloThere said:

I’ve still got a part of my brain wondering if being aroace is just temporary hormone crap that my brain latched into because I like the idea of it. (Yes this is a conversation I’ve had to break in my head a thousand times.)

My attitute to that is: if it does turn out to be a phase for me in the future, that's ok :) what matters to me is the here and now and if I think I'm aro now hen that is what matters to me now.

15 hours ago, Noble-Harvest-Spear said:

100% yes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noble-Harvest-Spear said:

oof. How did she react?

if ure referring to my post then she simply told me i worry abt transitioning more than my academics & career which isnt a good thing yada yada and adds that she dont want to talk abt gender related stuff anymore but starts ranting abt how i dont give a shit abt my learning; which is the truth

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 7:13 AM, Noble-Harvest-Spear said:

Anyone else have trouble differentiating between Weird Teen Hormone Shit(TM) and actual issues?

I get that. Sometimes I don't really control my emotions anymore and I don't know if it's the hormones, the lack of sleep or something else entirely.

7 hours ago, LIVI0 said:

i forgot my mom dont like to talk abt gender stuff and accidentally told her too much abt my thoughts on medically transitioning lmfao 

Once, my mom came into my room and was talking about the fact that I should be 'exploring my body' (which was gross and none of her business? It came out of no where too, I was just vibbing listening to music) because it was normal for teenagers my age and I just blurted out that I did not even want my to be in my body in the first place. She's borderline transphobic, but luckily she was tipsy so I just told her that we both needed to sleep and she left me alone. I had a mini heart attack.

10 hours ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

Also The Funeral by YUNGBLUD is exceptional

I love this song! Obey, by YUNGBLOOD and BMTH is also really good!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LeGens said:

Once, my mom came into my room and was talking about the fact that I should be 'exploring my body' (which was gross and none of her business? It came out of no where too, I was just vibbing listening to music) because it was normal for teenagers my age and I just blurted out that I did not even want my to be in my body in the first place. She's borderline transphobic, but luckily she was tipsy so I just told her that we both needed to sleep and she left me alone. I had a mini heart attack.

thats odd. parents can say really unexpected things out of the blue but exploring 1s body? that usually comes w heavy sexual connotations. its creepy af imo

1 minute ago, LIVI0 said:

thats odd. parents can say really unexpected things out of the blue but exploring 1s body? that usually comes w heavy sexual connotations. its creepy af imo

It was really weird indeed, but she had spent a good part of the night drinking, so maybe that explains it

5 minutes ago, LIVI0 said:

still big yikes for me

Oh yeah, that’s kinda concerning. I mean I know people say dumb stuff when tipsy but I mean from what I’ve heard that’s most often about themselves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

I have good news. I had a presentation in history today and every time I had to present before today I had a panic attack. Today I didn't. 

Oh that’s awesome! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

I have good news. I had a presentation in history today and every time I had to present before today I had a panic attack. Today I didn't. 

I mean I don’t have panic attacks but the nervousness is unreal, so I can relate in a way.

39 minutes ago, LIVI0 said:

its almost exam time. holy shit 

Oof, I’m in the middle of it but most of the exams have been well… less than difficult so far. Though that’s probably just the calm before the storm, the subjects on that list were easy. How about yours? What type of stuff is your school doing, if you don’t mind my asking?

2 hours ago, HelloThere said:

Oof, I’m in the middle of it but most of the exams have been well… less than difficult so far. Though that’s probably just the calm before the storm, the subjects on that list were easy. How about yours? What type of stuff is your school doing, if you don’t mind my asking?

i finished my 3rd geo exam today. i dont have confidence on that 1. but the others have been decent 

14 hours ago, AroAcedragon13 said:

Well that's good!

12 hours ago, LIVI0 said:

its almost exam time. holy shit 

I still have two weeks left so i'm good on that front for now... plus I exempt most of mine I only have to go in for three