teen corner

illumi

1 minute ago, Anaim said:

I still have two weeks left so i'm good on that front for now... plus I exempt most of mine I only have to go in for three

my exam season wont end til june 19th lol idfk why theyre dragging that out. i only have a few exams left after almost 2 weeks of consecutive exams

1 minute ago, LIVI0 said:

my exam season wont end til june 19th lol idfk why theyre dragging that out. i only have a few exams left after almost 2 weeks of consecutive exams

oh wow that's a lot, my school has a maximum of four days, and most people exempt at least a couple exams from easy classes

19 minutes ago, LIVI0 said:

dammit. i wish some subjects didnt have more than 1 exam paper

I wish tests weren’t considered the most important thing in schools when it’s merely a tool to see how well a school is doing. Though it still says nothing about the intelligence of students, nothing about their hopes, dreams, and happiness, and absolutely nothing about the environment in the school. So using circles shaded in on a piece of paper as a way to measure if someone gets to succeed in life kinda just ticks me off.

10 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

I wish tests weren’t considered the most important thing in schools when it’s merely a tool to see how well a school is doing. Though it still says nothing about the intelligence of students, nothing about their hopes, dreams, and happiness, and absolutely nothing about the environment in the school. So using circles shaded in on a piece of paper as a way to measure if someone gets to succeed in life kinda just ticks me off.

Tests just show how well people can memorize things, not how smart you are. On top of that, you have people taking tests in areas that they aren't interested in and that won't benefit them later on in life, and yet these tests and grades have an impact on the rest of a students life. The current school system is so frustratingly outdated...

Just now, Anaim said:

Tests just show how well people can memorize things, not how smart you are. On top of that, you have people taking tests in areas that they aren't interested in and that won't benefit them later on in life, and yet these tests and grades have an impact on the rest of a students life. The current school system is so frustratingly outdated...

Oh yeah, and the worst part is that the committees that run it are pretty much unmovable in their position on schooling so change is nearly impossible. Schools are underfunded, have misplaced priorities, and lack a lot of valuable resources and teaching methods that could make education far better and easier.

Just now, Anaim said:

why the panic?

So, I have some friends who are seniors, they really have 5 days left in school. We text each other and stuff but like. It wont be the same, y'know?

2 minutes ago, Maryland said:

WOOO! Yeah, just shy of 9 more days 'till im a junior. 

Oh no, the panic AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Oh yeah, junior year is the hardest of all. I’m like 16 days from being a sophomore. 

Just now, Maryland said:

So, I have some friends who are seniors, they really have 5 days left in school. We text each other and stuff but like. It wont be the same, y'know?

Yeah, that sounds hard knowing that seeing people in person will be almost impossible.

• Like 1

Just now, HelloThere said:

Oh yeah, junior year is the hardest of all. I’m like 16 days from being a sophomore. 

Honestly, my sophomore year (next year) is going to be hardest for me... then I'm home free for the rest of high school

You both are freshmen? best of luck for sophomore year haha. the sophomores see themselves like above the freshman, although it really has only been one year. (not me though)

Just now, The Aro Mando Echo said:

What are everyone's plans for summer?

I dunno, Maybe attempt to get a job, depends if parents will let me get my permit. If not maybe we might head south to NC or SC. 

Just now, Maryland said:

You both are freshmen? best of luck for sophomore year haha. the sophomores see themselves like above the freshman, although it really has only been one year. (not me though)

I’ll try not to be a jerk, I mean at that point there’s not too much distinguishing freshman from sophomores so idrk if I’d be like that.

• Like 2

I’ll try not to be a jerk, I mean at that point there’s not too much distinguishing freshman from sophomores so idrk if I’d be like that.

In terms of maturity something happens for most freshman to sophomore between summer which changes them to be more mature. Keep in note the word most, as not everybody experiences that. 

1 minute ago, Maryland said:

In terms of maturity something happens for most freshman to sophomore between summer which changes them to be more mature. Keep in note the word most, as not everybody experiences that. 

Oh yeah, I’m tryna stay a kid at heart and still liking some kid things. XD

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Aro Mando Echo said:

What are everyone's plans for summer?

Probably drawing, gaming, just enjoying life and maybe some personal preparation and trying to be more sure of myself.

2 minutes ago, Maryland said:

Thats good, I feel old, thus I am old. anywho how is your day?

I’m doing alright, though as usual, I’m tired. I mean I have to wake up at 5:00 for school so my ability to process things in the morning is bull crap. XD

Probably drawing, gaming, just enjoying life and maybe some personal preparation and trying to be more sure of myself.

That sounds fun. I wish that I could draw, but I can never build up the motivation to learn

Just now, Anaim said:

That sounds fun. I wish that I could draw, but I can never build up the motivation to learn

I’m still trying to. It took me 5 months to finish my first sketchbook because I get distracted so easily. XD