teen corner

illumi

One of the teachers organized a gsa at my school,  but now I'm too nervous to go to it because i would most likely let it slip out that I'm aroace when I'm not fully out yet... it's really conflicting bc if not for that I would really want to go...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Anaim said:

One of the teachers organized a gsa at my school,  but now I'm too nervous to go to it because i would most likely let it slip out that I'm aroace when I'm not fully out yet... it's really conflicting bc if not for that I would really want to go...

What’s a GSA? Is it sort like an lgbtq club at school? 

It means gender sexuality alliance so yeah

35 minutes ago, Anaim said:

I would go! I came out to my schools GSA about my gender before anything else and everyone was very accepting and kept it within the club until I was ready to come all of the way out; I’d assume yours would be ok with keeping it private too if that’s what you want!

3 minutes ago, EternallyTBD said:

It means gender sexuality alliance so yeah

I would go! I came out to my schools GSA about my gender before anything else and everyone was very accepting and kept it within the club until I was ready to come all of the way out; I’d assume yours would be ok with keeping it private too if that’s what you want!

I may be totally wrong about my understanding but my school has a “pride club” and I think maybe another club to talk about gender and sexuality. I probably wouldn’t join because I’m more than content here and I have a hard time articulating my emotions when not in text. Though I’m not sure, maybe when I’m more confident in myself I would? That’d still be suspicious to my parents because I’m like 90% sure that’s after school and they’d have questions.

30 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

I may be totally wrong about my understanding but my school has a “pride club” and I think maybe another club to talk about gender and sexuality. I probably wouldn’t join because I’m more than content here and I have a hard time articulating my emotions when not in text. Though I’m not sure, maybe when I’m more confident in myself I would? That’d still be suspicious to my parents because I’m like 90% sure that’s after school and they’d have questions.

That 100 percent makes sense, and it's okay if you don't want to go, but if you did want to go you could try and pretend it is a different after school activity if your parents ask about it? On top of that you could see if the teacher/adult organizing it would be able to cover for you if your parents ask about it directly to them. 

20 minutes ago, Anaim said:

That 100 percent makes sense, and it's okay if you don't want to go, but if you did want to go you could try and pretend it is a different after school activity if your parents ask about it? On top of that you could see if the teacher/adult organizing it would be able to cover for you if your parents ask about it directly to them. 

I never thought the teachers would, though now that I think about it that would kinda make sense, I’ll give it until maybe next year but thanks, I never even thought about the school club. :D

3 hours ago, HelloThere said:

I never thought the teachers would, though now that I think about it that would kinda make sense, I’ll give it until maybe next year but thanks, I never even thought about the school club. :D

No problem! Finding a space like that can be really important, and I can totally understand waiting to build confidence before joining (after all, I'm doing the same thing). Good luck if/when you decide to join!

13 minutes ago, Anaim said:

No problem! Finding a space like that can be really important, and I can totally understand waiting to build confidence before joining (after all, I'm doing the same thing). Good luck if/when you decide to join!

Thanks! I’ll do my best. Whenever I get back to school I’m gonna sorta scan for people and see if I like anyone. I mean I know that sounds robotic and twisted but I can’t be sure unless I do everything I can to meet more people.

Though I’m not gonna go actively like “oh hey random stranger! You wanna go on a date with me just to see if I feel romantic attraction?” Nah it’s just I’m gonna be more open to people I haven’t met and then see what happens, and if it turns out I’m wrong and actually am aroace, at least I’ll have tons of friends. :D

Edited by HelloThere

3 hours ago, HelloThere said:

Thanks! I’ll do my best. Whenever I get back to school I’m gonna sorta scan for people and see if I like anyone. I mean I know that sounds robotic and twisted but I can’t be sure unless I do everything I can to meet more people.

Though I’m not gonna go actively like “oh hey random stranger! You wanna go on a date with me just to see if I feel romantic attraction?” Nah it’s just I’m gonna be more open to people I haven’t met and then see what happens, and if it turns out I’m wrong and actually am aroace, at least I’ll have tons of friends. :D

Sounds like a good idea! Hope it works out for you. 

6 minutes ago, Anaim said:

Sounds like a good idea! Hope it works out for you. 

I do as well. :D I hope when the time comes that I’m confident enough to embrace who I might be. I’m scared that I’ll be alone but with this type of community (and possibly a few aroace friend matchup sites) I might be able to make friends or have a qpr at some point. :D

Edited by HelloThere

57 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

I just got the new Zelda game! :D

It costs 70$ but it’s worth every cent! It’s gotten more good reviews than animal crossing at this point! :D

I preordered it and am pretty far into it, and without giving any spoilers it is one of if not the best game I've ever played! It is definitely worth the 70$, especially if you played the original. 

Sometime I think that I do not mind romance in media, but then they put pointless and empty romantic tension in Scooby-Doo. I wish that Romance would not sell that much so creators would not feel like they need to put romance in medias to get attention...

(Another good song: Eat Your Young by Hozier)

2 hours ago, Anaim said:

I preordered it and am pretty far into it, and without giving any spoilers it is one of if not the best game I've ever played! It is definitely worth the 70$, especially if you played the original. 

Oh yeah, but the tutorial took AGES! XD