Hi there I'm Ace

My name is actually Susan, but online I much prefer to go by Ace. 

I found the link to this forum on AVEN, I'm a sex-repulsed asexual. As for aro-ness, I am completely aro, and mildly romance repulsed (ewwwwww kissing, gross). I'm 24 and I've known I was aro for a couple of years now. I worked it out when my mum started dating and my foster sister started liking boys, and I was just standing there like 'this is weird'.I always liked the idea of romance in books. less in tv/movies, and when it involves real people I am not so keen, don't even consider it involving me! That being said I am open minded and happy for consenting adults to have whatever relationships, so long as they count me out.

I'm a total sci-fi geek, Doctor Why, Star Trek NG, Enterprise & Voyager, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy etc.

I love reading, my favourite author is Tamora Pierce (shout out the character Tris for being headcannon aro :D
My study is on hold at the moment due to health problems, but I am doing a double degree in media design and computer science.

It is good to be here :)

Hi, welcome to Arocalypse! :softserve: I just graduated with a computer science major. 

Like you, I sort of like romance in fiction, but I don't want that for myself and I can't usually relate. I also don't really see it coming unless it's really obvious. I did a lot of creative writing for about a year, and I didn't realize until later that I never wrote romance in any of my stories! 

8 hours ago, Quinoa said:

Hi, welcome to Arocalypse! :softserve: I just graduated with a computer science major. 

Like you, I sort of like romance in fiction, but I don't want that for myself and I can't usually relate. I also don't really see it coming unless it's really obvious. I did a lot of creative writing for about a year, and I didn't realize until later that I never wrote romance in any of my stories! 

Congrats on graduating!! What area(s) of computer science are you most interested in, if you don't mind my asking, like high or low level languages, that kind of thind?

I used to have the exact opposite problem with writing stories, I read a lot of YA fantasy, because magic and dragons and decent female characters I could relate to. However that stuff is full of romance, so I got this idea that romance should be in stories, well to cut a long story short, there is a REASON they say write what you know lol :D

Thank you all for the lovely welcomes and :icecream:. Those I know from AVEN it is nice to run into you again! Those I don't it is nice to meet you all
:icecream::icecream::cakeslice::icecream::icecream:

Archived