Aromantic Moments

2 hours ago, Dodecahedron314 said:

As someone who lived in Arizona for most of their life and still can't handle anything above 75F when it's more than ~40% humidity out, I can confirm that being from a desert wasteland does not automatically grant you any amount of tolerance for hot weather. And if you question my Arizonanness, I will sic my cactus on you. 

Unless you're up north, Australia usually has dry heat. It's rare for it to go above 50% humidity at 30°C where I live for example (although it did just that today >.>). I will agree that humid heat is not  great, but dry heat is top notch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zemaddog said:

Unless you're up north, Australia usually has dry heat. It's rare for it to go above 50% humidity at 30°C where I live for example (although it did just that today >.>). I will agree that humid heat is not  great, but dry heat is top notch. 

*quickly googles temperatures* Yikes. Even 50% humidity is too much for me at 30C. The humidity makes a huge difference, yes...but unfortunately up here, dry heat is far rarer than the alternative. Hence, my point about summer being The Actual Worst still stands. (I still have a vendetta against the entire season thanks to having to do my first year of marching band camp in a heat index that, with 95% humidity, worked out to be...*googles again* 45.5C, or 114F for you 'Muricans.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zemaddog said:

As much as I hate dry heat, it helps when you're not constantly in a pool of your own sweat. I actually sweat more in winter!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ace of Amethysts said:

Don`t even get me started on non-pay TV here. :facepalm:

You mean you don't like all those shows like "The Bachelor" and "The Bacherlorette" and "Married at first sight"? (sarcasm if you couldn't recognise it. It's difficult to convey sarcasm effectively through text) 

• Like 4

My definition of TV is "bouncing between ~5 different long-running sci-fi shows on Amazon Prime, all of which I'm years or decades behind on and will probably not be fully caught up on anytime soon". 

Also..."non-pay" TV? There's TV you...don't have to pay for??? Is this an Aussie/UK thing, or...? :eyebrow: As far as I'm concerned, that's what podcasts are for--sure, there's no visual aspect, but they're all free, and vastly better-written than the overwhelming majority of TV shows in my opinion, because they're written by small production teams of actual people rather than gigantic media conglomerates that care more about making money than telling a good story. As a matter of fac--*hook appears out of thin air and yanks Dodec off the soapbox plastered with podcast logos they pulled out of nowhere*

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dodecahedron314 said:

My definition of TV is "bouncing between ~5 different long-running sci-fi shows on Amazon Prime, all of which I'm years or decades behind on and will probably not be fully caught up on anytime soon". 

Also..."non-pay" TV? There's TV you...don't have to pay for??? Is this an Aussie/UK thing, or...? :eyebrow: As far as I'm concerned, that's what podcasts are for--sure, there's no visual aspect, but they're all free, and vastly better-written than the overwhelming majority of TV shows in my opinion, because they're written by small production teams of actual people rather than gigantic media conglomerates that care more about making money than telling a good story. As a matter of fac--*hook appears out of thin air and yanks Dodec off the soapbox plastered with podcast logos they pulled out of nowhere*

Hold on a minute. There's no free tv in the US? >.> My parents have always been adamant that we will never get pay tv (we do have Netflix but that's not technically tv). Actually because of websites like Netflix and Stan, Foxtel (the pay tv company) has been declining. 

• Like 2

Free tv still exists in the US, even most t.v.s have a digital receiver to catch it - it's just the major networks, and if you're close enough to catch whatever local affiliate broadcasts it. 

But so many people have gone over to cable and satellite,I guess the kids have forgotten when there were only like, 3 channels. xP 

It's something I've found lots of people don't know, I guess from the combo of cable and aggressive ad campaigns for it and satellite. 

But if you live in a city, or close enough to one, you should be able to turn a receiver on in nearly any tv (unless you're still rocking the CR set) and get local stations. It won't be much anything outside of network shows and local news, but....that early morning local access stuff, that's shit I check out when I can't sleep and I'm in a new place. It's always really quality weird shit. Like the guy dressed like a car salesman, just sitting at a desk covered in gilded eagles and us flags, reading the bible like a contract and then talking about what he had read....at least I think that was his intention, he made NO SENSE, but it was surreal. 

Local access tv. It's a thing. A weird strange kind of sad thing. 

• Like 2